ROAD

FIND ME A HAPPY PLACE?

XSYKOTICA

 

~FIND ME A HAPPY PLACE?~
“Road”

I couldn’t even sleep. It was a pity since it’s the first night in years where I wouldn’t hear the moans that my father kept making. It would have been nice for me to sleep. I smiled as I remembered that I would never hear those noises again; I would never see my father. All I could feel now is contentment because I’m free and I would never come back to that house filled with awful memories that haunted my life.

Every once in a while I would glance at the girl that sleeps beside me as she uses my lap as a pillow. Her beautiful features show peace and the tired face that I would always see in her face every time we meet, it was gone. She looked like an angel as she slept. I could see her face since there is a lamp post behind us. It kept light on our little place here at the park. Her milky white skin looked so smooth to touch, her eyelashes so long that made her eyes captivating to me, and her lips that made puffs as she snore lightly.

I could stare at the beauty that slept in front of me forever. If she would let me that is.

The night is so peaceful around here. The only bad thing here is that the stars on the sky looked few because of the clouds that covered them all. I made a mental note to myself to find a place where we could see all the stars in the sky. She would like that. I know she will.  

 

~FIND ME A HAPPY PLACE?~

I woke her up an hour before dawn break. It was still dark but my instinct tells me that around an hour, the orange hues in the sky would appear as the sun rises in the east. That would make Ji Eun smile. I would love to see her smile again. 

“Good morning" she sat up as she stretched her arms. I greeted her back as I try to move my legs, feeling them again. She noticed the way I try to feel my legs again and said, "Oh, I'm sorry. You're legs turned numb because I used it as a pillow".

I shook my head. "It's all right. You need the sleep. Besides, my legs are ok now."

She pouted and said, "But still... I bet you never got the sleep you also deserve."

I chuckled and reasoned, "I'll sleep in the bus when we leave this place. I kind of need the time to think about where we would go."

She smiled apologetically and asked if I thought about the happy place where we would go.

"I thought about some towns but it would be a long ride. We could arrive at those towns maybe later this evening" I said.

She smiled widely and stood up. The excitement and longing for an adventure made her eyes sparkle in the dark. I thanked God for noticing that she could finally stand again. What happened last night made her knees wobble and she could only stand for a couple of seconds and she would fall to the ground.

"Let's go" I smiled as I also stood up.

I took the bag that is filled with our clothes and we walked out of the park. I am kind of sad since we would leave this city along with this park. This park many held memories about our friendship. 

"You know what?" I asked, smiling.

"What?”

"I just left my job just to run away with you, Kind of crazy, huh?" I joked.

She nodded and chuckled, "You're the crazy one. You're the one who thought about this crazy idea--"

I countered her, "And YOU agreed in coming with me. So that makes you the crazier one"

She smirked, "Touché, Mr. Kim".

We laughed as we head down to the Bus Terminal, ready to leave this place, Ready to find a new home and become happy for once in a while. Only problem is I'm almost running out of money. The only thing I could pay is our breakfast and our tickets to leave this place. Once we arrived to our new destination, I don't even have a slightest Idea where we would rest our head because I have no money. 

I mentally cursed my father. I bet all of my clothes that I'm bringing that he's sleeping in his couch as he let his wet body become dry as the time passes. I hoped he drowned at the puddle of alcohol I made for him.

ing bastard…

"What did you say, Joon Myeon?" a voice asked. I looked at Ji Eun and panicked because I spoke my thoughts out loud.

"Nothing" I lied.

She looked at me to see if I really did say something important. "Are you sure?"

I nodded and tried my best to smile back to her without any traces of being a liar.

"Let's hurry. I want to see the sunset as we ride the bus!" she giggled like a little girl. I laughed but in my head, I was laughing because I'm thinking about my father who would go crazy knowing no one in the family would give him money for him to spend some beer. I would love it if I could hear him say some curses as he realizes this. 

"Let's eat first" I said to her.

A/N: PLEASE COMMENT ABOUT YOUR IDEAS AND THOUGHTS ABOUT THE STORY. VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT. THANK YOU.