LOST

FIND ME A HAPPY PLACE?

XSYKOTICA

 

~FIND ME A HAPPY PLACE?~
"Lost"

"Umm.. I love... I love.... “She stammered and pretty much can't look me in the eye, "I---It's a secret. I can't tell you who I love in this world because it's... confidential."

Then she changed the topic. She asked me about where would we sleep. I wanted to tell her that we'll be sleeping in a place we would be safe but I couldn't. I've got no money for us to rent a motel or something. Curse my father for stealing my money. I told her the truth that I've got no money. She frowned but seconds later she smiled. Always the positive one she is.

"Then we better think of something." she says, "I know we'll think of something." 

She really is trying to make me feel strong. She's giving me the idea of hope that we will be fine. Then her eyes went to this part of the park. I looked and saw a man. Just by looking at what he's doing, I know he's a musician because he's playing a guitar on his hands. A couple of people who are listening to him tossed some money to the guitar case that is laying on the ground for the money. 

"That's it!" Ji Eun began, "Joon Myeon! Follow me."

Ji Eun started to walk to the guy who kept on playing guitar. Ji Eun pulled my shoulder and whispered something to my ear. She told me to talk to the guy and ask if we could borrow the guitar that he's playing. I looked at her and asked what she's planning.

"Just trust me," she says, "Don't you trust me, Joon Myeon?"

I smiled and nodded. I slowly walked towards the guy who kept playing the guitar. He's maybe around 30 years old and just by looking at his face, I could see that he liked and he's very passionate about playing music. His hands played the guitar as if it's made to be plucking it to make music. The sounds that he creates really deserve to be heard but sadly, only a few people have the ability to notice how amazing this man is. 

"Excuse me, Sir?"

He stopped playing and looked at me. He smiled and kindly said, "What is it, boy?"

I smiled back and asked, "If it's not too troublesome, would you let us borrow you're guitar. It will only be a minute."

He looked at Ji Eun who stood behind me. I silently prayed to God that this man would be kind enough for us lend his guitar. As if God heard my prayer, He smiled and nodded. He gave me the guitar he's holding as I said, "Thank you, Mr."

I turned towards Ji Eun who smiled as she saw the guitar on my hands. Then she said her thanks to the guy.

"No problem", he said, "It's kind of the first time someone tried to borrow my guitar. I have a feeling you'll do something good for it."

We thanked him again as I gave Ji Eun the guitar. Seeing the guitar in her arms made my heart thump a second earlier. She looks good with a guitar.

"You know how to play?" I asked.

She nodded and said, "Just see how I will somehow make money for the both of us.”

I nodded and stepped back as she strum the guitar with her hands. I smiled as I saw her play the guitar just as great as he guy who owns it. She played it as If its hers and I smiled even wider as I saw a couple of people started to watch the woman I love playing a guitar. The crowd started to notice her when she began singing. It's not a surprise for me that she could sing. I know how she's not just a pretty good singer, she's an amazing singer. I remember how she sang the happy birthday song while holding a piece of cupcake in her hands. She sang the song beautiful even if the song is just a regular one. She made me happy by just singing it for me even if I cried all morning because of my mother who passed.

The crowd who heard her sing in the park looked as if they were entranced to Ji Eun's singing. Who ever heard her sing made them look and listen to her. I could not help but admire and be amaze at this girl. She sang as if she's a siren who lures every single person who heard her sing. I could not help but fall in love with her over again. The people started to put money in the guitar case. I looked at the man who owns the guitar, he was not looking at how the people put money in his guitar case but to the woman who held the guitar and sang her heart out. I guess he's just like everyone else, lured by the voice that sang like an angel. 

The song ended as Ji Eun bowed to the people that clapped their hands for her. She turned her head to me and I saw how she's blushing while smiling. She's happy and I felt happiness in my heart too; seeing her smile like that made me forget about all the problems that we're facing.

The crowd started to leave because Ji Eun handed the guitar back to its owner. She smiled and said, "May I have some of the money? We badly need it so we could rent a room and have something to eat."

The guy just smiled and said, "You could take it all. I can see that both of you really need it. It's a good thing I just treat this as a hobby not a job."

Ji Eun looked at him and thanked him again. I also did thank him. He told us to get the money inside the guitar case so we could eat now. I nodded and held Ji Eun's hand to get all the money. It was enough for us to survive in this city for three days, I guess. I looked at Ji Eun and she asked if it was enough for us.

All I said was, "You did great. It's not enough but I'm sure we could find us some place to sleep."

She was so happy that she jumped at me hugged me. The feeling of this closeness to her made my heart pound so fast. I could swear she could feel it in my chest, beating because of her.

"We did it, Joon Myeon! We did it!" she shouted, gleefully. 

I hugged her back and said to her while I relish this moment, "Yeah.. And it's all because of you, Ji Eun. You really did it."

~FIND ME A HAPPY PLACE?~

After that, we decided that we should eat our dinner. We ate so much in this local restaurant because we never did eat lunch because of our journey going here. We talked and had fun. I about trying to audition to some of the music company here in Seoul so she could be an Idol and earn us some money. She retorted that if she became an Idol who would be protecting me now and she finds being an idol, very troublesome.

"If I by luck became an Idol, I couldn't be with you because I'm to going to be busy" she said. I frowned at the thought.

"See! You'll be sad if I leave you." she smiled, "You can't get rid of me that easily."

I would never let her leave my life.

Never

Next thing, I knew. We were walking in the street, just enjoying the new place while sipping some coffee. There is this coffee shop near us so we decided to drink some coffee to make us warm. We were laughing and just having a blast because we finally have the money to sleep in a place with a roof in it. 

Then something went wrong.

A felt a person behind me tried to get our bag. Both Ji Eun and I were shocked when the guy stole the bag that was seconds before behind my back. 

"HEY!" I screamed as I ran to recover our bag being stolen. Time became fast as I ran. It was all fast and my legs are getting tired but I managed to ran even faster because of the adrenaline running through my veins. In the end, I cornered the thief at an alley with a blocked exit. He panicked as I try to get the bag. Good thing he's not carrying any type of weapon. I pulled the bag towards me as he resist. With a grip on my left hand on the bag, I punched the guy on the face. He backed as I got the bag. I smiled but then I felt him jumped at me and started to punch me in the face. My back is laying at the ground as I try to push him. With all of my energy, I exchanged our position, now he's on the ground as I punched his ugly face. He covered his face and pushed me in the stomach with his feet. I landed on the ground. We both stood up and tried to punch each other. His punches landed on my face and a lot on my abdomen. I made my punches mostly in his face.

In the end, I won because I kicked him in the stomach as he landed again on the ground. He started to run away and left me with the bag he tried to steal in the dark alley. My body felt giving up as my knees felt like jelly and made me sit on the wet ground. My breathing became hard as the aftermath of our fight became to come in my body. I felt pain all over again in my body. My face hurts just like my abdomen. I could feel the pain in my hands is starting to get strong and painful again. I looked at my hands and saw that it's dripping with blood. A single thought swept my mind as I look my hands. It was still covered with a floral pink handkerchief. It's stained with my blood now and I can't feel anything with my hands. I became dizzy as I saw blood again. 

Even with the pain in my body, I managed to think one name in my head. 

JI EUN

My heart broke into two as I realized what I have done. I was so determined to retrieve the bag but I forgot about the girl I left behind. I have this feeling that she's somewhere in this city, lost without me. It's my entire fault. I'm going to hate myself if something happened to her. I don't know what I will do if I never see her again. I might die and become my father. I never wanted that. I'll never be able to live with the thought of Ji Eun out of my life and something happened to her.

Ji Eun... please be safe.

I have this instinct that's always right. Now, It says that something bad will happen to Ji Eun if I never get to see her again. Oh how I wish I'm wrong but the fact that my instinct is always right kills me inside. It's killing me softly. 

I have to fulfil my promise to her.

I have to......

A/N: PLEASE COMMENT ABOUT YOUR IDEAS AND THOUGHTS ABOUT THE STORY. VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT. THANK YOU.