FIRST DRESS UP

Dress Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    The sunlight creeps into your rather dark room, nudging you awake. You groan and reach up to the pitch black curtains to close them only to jolt up out bed when your mother bursts into your room. She doesn't say a word due to her muteness but pulls your also black blankets off of you and onto the floor. She slaps her hands together like she's saying, "Chop, chop, new school time." Reluctantly, you roll off of your black bed and stand up on your black rug. Your mother exits silently to leave you to dress yourself. Wonderful, you thought. You slide the left door of the closet to reveal frilly, colorful pastel dresses and accessories. You stare at it in thought, but then you close the door and slide the right door open. Black. All black. Black shirts, blouses, pants, skirts, dresses, shoes, etc. As you begin to grab one of your dark outfits, a sudden thought comes to you. It's a new school. I can wear whatever I want. That'll help me get out of my dark clothing rut. Immediately, you slide the left side open again and throw on all the pink and ruffles you can wear. You look in the mirror, give yourselves an uplifting thumbs-up, and walk out the door. 

    Upon exiting your home, you notice that your neighbors are staring in awe at you. You brush it off, thinking that they must be surprised at your change of wardrobe. 

    You arrive at school at the perfect time. Everyone's looking to see which classes they're in, so everyone can also see you. The moment yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter