Lighter

Shades of Warmth

Chapter 6: Lighter

"Your art are becoming lighter," Kai art professor commented over Kai left shoulder, which unintentionally caused Kai to startle.

"It is," his hyung Sohu added agreeingly.

He just painted as he usually always did though, so heart waver a bit at their Kai assumingly called 'compliment' taking account that they both knew very well his personality and his preference to pursuit his original style.

"What do you mean?" Kai questioned, hoping for a clearer description of his piece.

Suho crossing his hands on his chest and brought his right hand touching his lips. His eyes wandered to the ceiling above as he attempted to find the right word.

"Itsss," Suho voice dragged heavily, "Its less, umm, how shall I say this," he paused. "Its less abstract than arts you created in the past and it's uhm soft of less mysterious and dark."

"Less depressing," retorted another friend of Kai.

"I couldn't have put it any better," his teacher patted him on the back and commented,  "Good job."

Kai rested his paint brush down and leaned back to take a larger perspective of his painting. Indeed, his friend and his teacher were right.

He got out his piece that he finished yesterday and another piece that he finished last week out. Then he took out some of the art project that he completed from last month and studied them in great details.

At first he didn't see it but then he noticed them changed in patterns and shapes of lighter of colour that he used recently.

"Hmha," he laughed softly upon finding it amusing, something definitely had changed about his taste in art.

"Did something good happened dongsae?" asked Suho curiously.

Kai shook his head, honestly he didn’t know.

Kai, however, had a hunch.

Kai beamed to himself.