LOST

Shades of Warmth

Sojung had an important class today. She would skip it using the excuse that she wasn’t completely recover from her cold, but she didn’t.

She got up earlier than usual.

She got up before Kris got up.

She got up before Kris made breakfast.

She got up before Kris could greet her the words that he always had, “Good morning.”

In the hallway, she passed Kris closed door without much thoughts.

Correction.

Sojung walked in the hallway with thoughts of distractions not to think about him. Not to think about Kris.

Think about anything accept the hug that she gave him yesterday. Anything but the words that she confessed to him yesterday.

Anything but Kris.

 

Partly cloudy, mostly chilly.

Scattered white clouds. The sun was up but it was too far away to give warmth to the air.

Sojung should have worn a jacket, but she didn’t. She chose loosely knitted cardigan. It wasn’t the type of caligan that complimented her skin tone. However, it was a brown maroon caligan that matched her eyes, and matched them very well. And Sojung was quite unaware at the fact that it did.

 

"I know you for a while, and I never had a chance to ask this-"

"Yeah," Kai said looking over the opening space in the book shelf. Sojung small face appeared friendly and beamed at him, "I was wondering what major do you are pursuing?"

"I really like art," Kai said and he took a moment to study the subject, "I really never thought of anything I enjoy as much as art."

Upon his answer he saw her eyes smiled while staking books on the shelf.

"They- artists I mean, don't really make a lot of money," she commented.

"I know, my friends always joke around saying that I'm going to be a starving artist," Kai told Sojung and he pulled misplace book out of the shelf and holding it in his hand.

He heard Sojung laughed aloud and heartifully at his reply. He began to laugh along with her. In the past he always took the things his friends said about his future goal as an artist offensively.

To be able to laugh at something he thought so negatively in the past actually felt nice and relieving.

He secretly thought to himself that perhaps his friends only wanted to make him smile and he had fail them and wronged them time after time.

"Your major," Kai asked in a low tone, "how about you, what are you majoring in?"

"Psychology," Sojung said emptily and she avoided meeting his eyes.

Psychology echoed in Kai ears and it brought back an quick melancholy deja vu.

He knew this was where she getting to and he didn't know what but he held his breath.

Silence sounded them and silence stayed there.

Without any further to say,

It was understood.

Or at least Kai did.

Tick tick

Tok tok.

They moved from aisles to ailes each minding their own business. No one dared to say a word.

He continued to hold on his breath unknowingly. He still stood there in the same very ground after the words that he hadn't heard for 10 long years caving way back into his memories.

He just had to get out of there. He ran out of the library in a heart beat. He had to busy himself with ongoing people, with the crowded streets, with homework and friends as fast as he could.

Why was he anyway chose to hang out at an empty library in his freetime?

The answer came to his mind, he wanted only to see her eyes. The thought of her wasn't really helping.

He couldnt.

*Psychology*

Why was he so weak,

his knees felt weak,

his breath became unstable,

the memories rushed and floated in his mind,

*Psychologist*

And

*Therapy*

Pathetic?  

His world got shaken up because of her. He was just fine, or so he thought, until she arrived out of nowhere.

Where was he?

He like she said was "were always somewhere else" he recalled a recent conversation with her.

       Now millions thoughts bouncing in his mind, thinking about it, Kai finally understood.

It was just a nicer way to say "lost".