Wolf!AU w/ You

Drabbles and Oneshots

Prompt:  Wolf!AU where Chen, Chanyeol and Tao are your older brothers, you are 15 and not a wolf. Lots of family interaction.

---

Part of the Pack

“Could you pass me the bread?” Kyungsoo’s voice called out from across the kitchen where he was gathering the meat and cheese you had sliced to make enough sandwiches to feed the pack a filling lunch. Nourishing twelve wolf boys was no easy task, but ever since you and your brothers joined the Exo pack Kyungsoo’s job was made much easier. He always doted on you for being such a big help to the pack, but taking care of others was something you were used to. Being a mother for Chen, Chanyeol and Tao became a second nature to you, especially since your own mother had left you all for dead. Your last vivid memory of her was her hand slapping across Chen’s face and the slamming of the front door that echoed into a deafening silence. That was the first night you had ever seen Chanyeol cry.

You were only twelve then, and it had forced you all grow up much before your time. Luckily when your mother had gone she had left you four the house. Whether it was out of pity or not you didn’t know, but you were thankful none the less for at least still having a roof over your head.

The following three years were dark and difficult. Both Chanyeol and Chen had dropped out of school to start working in a nearby warehouse, and the once happy, jovial boys were replaced with solemn young men. Tao had done what he did best. He closed off from everyone and spent all his spare time holed up in his room alone. The walls were thin, and at night his sniffles and whimpers cut through the eerie quiet of the early hours of the morning.

You, however, had been able to keep a relatively positive outlook on things for the sake of your brothers. You had to. They were all you had, and by God you were going to keep what was left of your family as stable as you could.  It wasn’t easy by any means, everyone’s emotions were raw and tensions were high, but your constant mantra of sticking together had helped to get you all through one day at a time.

You knew your brothers blamed themselves for your mother leaving. It wasn’t easy raising three werewolves. Full moons were hell, and she must have gotten fed up with dealing with them over time. For all they knew, they were the only wolves in the family, you didn’t carry the gene in you. Your mother was known for sleeping around, so it is highly probable that that was how the three boys were conceived.

It was a few full moons after your fifteenth birthday that your brothers returned home from a night out in a very good mood. Usually the three stumbled in all bloody and dirty, only giving you a slight nod before retreating to their rooms for the day, showering only after sleeping half the day away. So it had been strange to see the three laughing and smiling as they walked through the door, toeing off their shoes before stepping onto the carpet. Chanyeol even went as far as to ruffle your hair before he followed Tao and Chen up the stairs to their respective bedrooms. You were left with your jaw hanging open in shock. Later that evening once you had called the freshly showered boys down for dinner, they explained that things were going to change, that things were going to be better again and that you all would be happier. They spoke of a good sized pack they ran into that had a very strong leader who had offered to take them all in, and you could see such clear and pure happiness sparkling in all their eyes. How could you ever deny them a true sense of acceptance and home?

And so you, Tao, Chen and Chanyeol had packed up what little belongings you wanted to keep and moved in with the Exo pack. Of course you were apprehensive and a bit terrified to leave the only place you had ever known to go live in a new home with nine wolves you had never even seen before, but you knew that this would be the best move for your brothers. They needed an alpha, they needed to be part of a pack and they would have been absolutely foolish to turn down such a generous offer from an obviously well off pack.

Their home was lovely and secluded, located off the beaten path, deep in the forest but not too far from a small town where you often ventured for food and other necessities.  When you first laid eyes on the property you were in absolute awe, it wasn’t too large or too small and it just took your breath away. There were trees all around, and to the right of the house you could see a small creek in the distance. It felt as though you had walked right into the pages of a fairytale. The first few days had been nerve wracking, but you found that all the other boys of the Exo pack were very friendly and they welcomed you along with your three brothers with open arms and warm smiles. It didn’t take you long to adjust to this new way of life, and even though you weren’t a wolf yourself, everyone treated you with love and care.  The boys filled the void in your heart you were never aware you had, and now you were so thankful to have them all. Even though Baekhyun loved picking on you and Sehun could act bratty at times, you wouldn’t trade any of them for the world.

Finally you and Kyungsoo were able to finish making the sandwiches, so you hollered for the boys to get into the kitchen to eat. The room soon became cramped, and you had to slap at a couple of hands that were trying to swipe some food before their alpha had the chance to get his meal.

“Hey, you all know the rules! Alpha first. Sehun you put that down this instant!” You landed a firm smack on the back of his hand causing him to let out a little yelp, more out of surprise than pain. He rubbed the now red flesh gently and sent you a pointed glare.

“Why are you so mean..” He whined, sticking out his tongue while you rolled your eyes.

“Because you don’t like the follow the rules,” A soft voice cut in from the entryway, effectively silencing the chaos. There Joonmyeon stood. He was a gentle but firm Alpha that could silence a room by simply clearing his throat or giving a sideways glance. Even though the pack constantly about how much of a dork he could be, when it got down to it he was truly well respected by everyone he came across. He worked hard to take care of his pack, to provide for everyone. As nurturing and gentle as he could be, when the time came he could be vicious as well. When the pack was in danger Joonmyeon wouldn’t hesitate in ripping out a jugular with his sharp claws and hardened eyes, and both he and his Beta, Kris, were a force to be reckoned with.

Joonmyeon made his way to the kitchen table and sent you a dazzling smile while his eyes crinkled into tiny crescents. “Thanks for lunch, you always work so hard. We really appreciate it.” His tone was genuine as always.

Out of nowhere you were bombarded with fingers poking your sides and a large hand ruffling your hair into a mess. You giggled and tried to defend yourself against the two attackers. You heard Chen’s cackling laugh from beside you and you flung out your arm to the side. The palm of your hand connected to his chest, and the firm smack that resonated was quite satisfying. “ sis, what’s with your violent tendencies? You’re almost as bad as Soo.” You heard Chanyeol speak up before he was whacked in the head with a wooden spoon.

“Stop being so rude to your sister,” Kyungsoo glared daggers at Chanyeol, while most of the others chuckled, highly amused at the scene before them. You rolled your eyes one last time and motioned for the boys to line up and get their food after noticing the dazed look in Jongin’s eye as he stared longingly at the sandwiches spread out on the table.

“Come on boys, let’s eat!”

---

Twenty minutes and thirteen full bellies later found all of you lounging in the living room. Luhan, Minseok, Baekhyun and Chen were piled up on the couch while everyone else opted to sprawl on the carpet. You yawned and stretched your arms over your head, back arching away from the floor. Against your side you felt more than heard Yixing’s whine of protest. He always got extremely cuddly after his belly was filled. You gently patted his hair and he drowsily blinked up at you and sent you a small smile before laying his head on your middle again and dozing back off. You in turn nuzzled against Tao’s arm and he wrapped it around your shoulders. Post lunch naps were always the best in your opinion. Always so full of snuggles and coziness and a general sense of family love.

Looking around you saw that the rowdy boys had started to calm down, some already asleep and others looking quite close to it. A warm feeling flowed through your body, and like a freight train the realization of how blessed you were hit you right in the chest. This pack had taken you and your brothers in, given you all a gorgeous and safe home, and had showered you with the love and care you had longed for for such a long time. Words truly couldn’t express your gratitude to them all, they were all your brothers now and you loved each and every one of them as such. Though the road to get here wasn’t easy, it could have been far worse and you were thankful for where it had taken you. And even though you weren’t a wolf like all the others, in their eyes you were still a vital part of the pack. Finally you started to drift off into sleep, surrounded by the most perfect family you could have ever dreamed of.