Lay X You

Drabbles and Oneshots

Prompt: Jealous Lay

---

Only Love Me…

"Jagi, lets go in this shop." Lay gently grabbed your hand and pulled you into a decent sized guitar store. Of course, he truly couldn’t resist coming in here

The two of you had been dating for nearly a year now and you were just as smitten with him as the day the two of you first met. He made you so happy, and even though it was sometimes tough with him being away promoting, you two had stuck together and were ultimately stronger for it. He was always gentle with you and treated you with such love and care, and you truly couldn’t ask for a better man to call your love.

Lacing your fingers with his, you eagerly followed his lead into the music shop. He looked like a child in a candy store as he gazed lovingly at all of the beautiful guitars on the wall. His attention was suddenly captured by a beautiful acoustic Gibson and he went up to the store manager to ask permission to play it.

While Lay piddled around on the guitar, you went went over to look at some sheet music on the other side of the store. Humming to yourself, you flipped through some beginner books until you felt a light tap on your shoulder. You looked up to see one of the store workers with an almost predatory smile on his face. “Is there anything I can help you find, miss?”. 

You shook your head no and he just nodded and went back to the cash register up front. What you failed to realize while you went back to looking through their large selection of sheet music was that his eyes had never left your body. Fortunately Lay did notice this and quickly put the guitar away. You were shocked to feel him grab your elbow and practically drag you from the store. He did not like how that damn cashier was undressing you with is disgustingly erse eyes. He didn’t like it. At all.

---

The two of you were walking in the middle of a park, hand in hand. Once you were both out of that guitar shop, you pulled your arm away and demanded Lay tell you what the hell was going on. He shook his head and told you that that was not the time or place to talk about it. You reluctantly complied, but you were really worried. What in the world had gotten into Lay? He had never acted that way before. 

As the two of you walked further into the park in complete silence, Lay suddenly stopped and pulled you close to his chest, resting his face into your hair and inhaling the sweet scent of your shampoo. You wrapped your arms around his waist and started running your hands up and down his back. He held you like that for a moment before pulling back to stare into your eyes. 

"Only love me. Please, only love me," he said to you quietly, his tone full of insecurities. 

"Lay, I only have eyes for you. You know that. What brought this on all of a sudden?" You questioned him. He looked down almost shyly before explaining how he had seen that cashier staring you down like you were nothing but a piece of meat and that he could hardly control himself.

You placed a hand on his cheek to pull his face up so you could look him in the eyes.

"Zhang Yixing, I love you and will only love you forever."

He let out a relieved sigh and rested his forehead against yours.

"Promise?" He asked.

"I promise."