Kris X You X Chen

Drabbles and Oneshots

Prompt: Scenario where you are torn between Kris and Chen

A/N: Oh this is probably one of my favorite ones, I really had a great time writing this one! But I in no way, shape or form condone cheating at all. I just thought this prompt was different, and it really got my emotions running.

---

Only One of Us

It started innocently enough, you were single and not really looking to tie yourself down. You just wanted a bit of fun, and when you met Chen in that little coffee shop down the street he gave you all the fun you were looking for and more. You never expected to feel so carefree and happy with the boy, but still, you weren’t ready to be exclusively his or anyone else’s for that matter. Your studies were more important, and the stress of a boyfriend was not what you needed at the moment. And he was understanding to your needs, though he had made it known on quite a few occasions that he was interested in you and you alone. 

Chen was always there for you when you needed him, if you just needed to get out of the house and away from your schoolwork he would take you out and by the end of the night the two of you would be nothing but a giggling mess. He lifted your spirits if you were down and treated you nothing short of a princess. You knew that trying to focus on your studies was a bull reason to not start dating Chen, he was perfect. But you needed to come up with a better excuse to fool yourself quickly.

That excuse suddenly appeared in your life in the form of Kris Wu, your lab partner in Chemistry. He was everything Chen wasn’t, dark, mysterious and the epitome of . It was his deep voice that had first attracted you, and the more and more you two worked together the more you found yourself drawn to him, like a moth to a flame. It was apparent he was interested in you as well, his lingering touches and longing gazes made it quite apparent. But there was something holding you back from taking that step in letting him have you completely.

One night while you were lying in bed unable to fall asleep you finally realized what a mess you had gotten yourself into. You weren’t careful enough, you had opened yourself a little too much, and as a result both Kris and Chen had wormed their way into your heart and nestled there. You wanted them both so desperately, but knew it was impossible for you to have them at the same time. Rolling over, you decided it best to make a decision when you woke up the next morning so your mind would be thoroughly refreshed.

As time went on, you continued to put off choosing between the two boys. You would go out with them, one on a different night in a different part of town. You were careful, you made sure the two would never cross paths or that while you were out with one, you wouldn’t be caught by the other. You knew it was wrong, leading them both on like this but you just couldn’t help yourself. You needed them both, so you did what you had to do and took the proper precautions to ensure you wouldn’t be found out. 

About a week after your finals had ended you got a text message from Chen.

'Come meet me in the park at noon at the bench where we always eat ice cream at.'

He knew that you had been so stressed the previous week and wanted to spend some time with you to help you finally wind down. That was one of the many reasons why you loved him so much. The night before Kris had taken you out to a movie and sat in the back row with you. The theater was empty and he engaged you in a very hot make out session that left you both breathless and relaxed. You ignored the nagging in the back of your mind that sooner or later these boys would be the death of you and started your walk to the park.

About ten minutes later you turned the corner and saw Chen waiting exactly where he said he’d be. The park was unusually empty for such a lovely day. As you approached the bench, you notice he was clutching a white rose in his hand. How sweet.

When you came into his line of sight, he stood and gave you a hug along with a quick peck on the cheek. He pulled back slightly and looked you in the eye.

"Is that rose for me?" You questioned teasingly.

"Of course, but you can’t have it just yet," He replied. You jokingly pouted at him, but noticed his eyes were trained on something behind you. You nearly jumped out of your skin when you heard him call out for someone to hurry up and come out. Turning your body in confusion, you froze where you were, your blood turning cold. 

From behind a tree emerged Kris, carrying a single red rose. You blinked at him in shock and turned to ask Chen what exactly was going on.

"You know, you aren’t nearly as clever as you think you are. You thought we wouldn’t find out about what you were doing?" Came the deep rumble from Kris. He sounded more…patronizing than anything. You couldn’t find your words, time seemed to stand still. You had been caught red handed and you knew there was nothing you could say or do to hide it. You couldn’t deny the fact that you had intentionally led them on, but you just didn’t know how to choose between the two. Your face reddened in embarrassment and you dropped your head, unable to look either of them in the eye.

"We are forgiving men, but we cannot share. So we came up with a solution. You will choose one of us, right here, right now and that will be that." Chen’s voice pierced through the air.

Finally the moment of truth had come, there was no running away this time, and it killed you inside knowing that you were going to have to break one of their hearts. Letting out a shaky breath, you looked up. There they were, your two loves standing side by side, staring at you with intense eyes. They were both clutching their respective rose in their hands. You prayed you were making the right decision as you took a step forward and reached for the rose……

----

A/N: I'm sorry!! Please don't hate me for leaving you hanging...... *hides in a corner and whimpers*