Kris x You

Drabbles and Oneshots

Prompt: Kris teaching his short girlfriend how to play basketball. Something fluffy and funny

---

Leave It All on the Court

Swish

“And it’s as easy as that.” Kris smiled at you brightly after easily shooting the round orange ball through the hoop much taller than you. You narrowed your eyes at your freakishly gigantic boyfriend, flipping your bangs out of your face as you released an extremely frustrated sigh. He just didn’t understand that this damned sport wasn’t as easy for you as it was for him. Sure, he had no problem being able to reach the ball through the net with those long legs and arms, he was a tall, lanky guy who had been playing since he was just a kid. Of course it was easy for him. But did this game come naturally to short, little you? Nope. Absolutely not.

“Kris, it’s just not as easy as you make it out to be,” You whined childishly at him, jutting your lower lip out in a pout and crossing your arms. You were seriously ready to just go home, because even after nearly an hour and a half you still weren’t able to score a single shot you had taken. You were irritated and embarrassed. It shouldn’t be this difficult to play a damn sport, especially in front of your boyfriend. One of the many perks of being a complete perfectionist was that constant urge to be flawless at everything you do, even if it was the first try, and for the most part you were, or at least Kris thought so. But this? Failing miserably at your boyfriend’s absolute favorite game had set a figurative dark cloud over your head and had just brought your day down.

You turned your back to Kris, aimlessly kicking a little pebble on the court with your foot and wanting nothing more than to go home and curl up under a blanket because you are an absolute y basketball player, and that bothered the hell out of you. You heard jogging footsteps approach you from behind and weren’t surprised to feel arms around your torso lifting you off the ground and twirling you around. A giggle erupted from your lips, an uncontrollable habit of yours that would rise whenever he would pick you up into the air like you were as light as a feather. He gently set you back down on the ground and kept his hands on your shoulders, making sure you weren’t dizzy enough to topple over. The last thing he wanted was for you to fall and scrape up your knee like you did last week walking down some stairs. In your defense, you were a total klutz, so it wasn’t entirely your fault. Well, maybe it was. Whatever.

“Hey, I’ve got an idea!!” Kris excitedly yelled over his shoulder to you, jogging over to the momentarily abandoned basketball that had rolled into the grass. You rolled your eyes at his back, knowing if you did it to his face he would flick your forehead. “Kriiiiiiis, I really don’t wanna play anymore, can we please just go get some ice cream or something instead?” Kris chuckled lightly at you, sending a dazzling smile your way. He shook his head no, causing his bangs to move from side to side.

“Just trust me,” He said as he handed you the ball. He grabbed onto your sleeve and tugged you back on the court, closer to the hoop that tauntingly loomed far over your head. You sent it a dirty glare, as if that would make it stop laughing at you. You suddenly felt Kris’ hands loosely grab onto your waist, and you turned your head to give him a questioning look. What in the world was he up to now? Soon enough his grip tightened and you found yourself up in the air, now fairly close to the tall hoop that had eluded all of your throws.

“What are you waiting for? Go ahead, take a shot!” You could practically hear the smile in your boyfriend’s voice, which in turn made you grin as well. You lifted the ball and reached your arms out, they were just long enough to let the ball reach the rim. With a light shove of your fingertips, the ball released from your hand. This was it, you were finally, finally, going to at least get one good shot through the hoop before you called it a day, even if you did have some help from your handsome, tall man. The ball circled around the rim once, twice and…

Thunk, thunk

You couldn’t believe it. Even after being oh so close, literally, to the net, you had still managed to somehow it up and miss. Kris nearly dropped you as he doubled over, laughing so hard tears were forming in the corners of his eyes. You shot him a nasty look as well as your middle finger and stomped away, leaving him a laughing mess on the basketball court.

“ this stupid game!!!”