Kai X You

Drabbles and Oneshots

Prompt: Kai taking care of his pregnant wife who is dealing with morning sickness

---

Sunday Morning

It was a perfectly lazy Sunday morning as Jongin stretched his arms above his head and let out a wide yawn, feeling blissfully relaxed. Without opening his eyes he reached his hand over to your side of the bed to find it empty but still yet warm. A slight frown and knitted brows marred his face. It was Sunday morning. And you weren’t in bed to snuggle with him like usual. Jongin sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, and with a serious case of bed head he rolled out of his warm comforter. He padded over to the decently sized bathroom connected to your bedroom, wincing at the temperature difference from his bare feet to the cool hardwood floors.

He should have known that something was off when he noticed the bathroom door was shut, but his mind was still in a sleepy fog and it wasn’t until he heard strangled coughs and hacks from inside the bathroom that he remembered. Oh no. Morning sickness had struck yet again.

At seven weeks pregnant, you had been hit with some serious nausea. This was the third morning in a row you had been empting your stomach of the previous evening’s dinner, and already you were thoroughly tired of it. Getting sick was miserable, you thought as you held your hair away from your face. You learned quickly that washing vomit from your hair was not a particularly fun experience. Luckily Jongin had shown what a great husband he could be and had been with you every step of the way so far. He was so excited to become a father, he had already purchased a few outfits of his choice and decided that his baby would be a dancer just like him. Seeing Jongin already so protective of your unborn child sent a very fulfilling warmth straight to your heart, and with each passing day you found yourself falling more and more in love with him. You often wondered how in the world you had been able to find such a perfect man.

Suddenly you were overcome with another wave of nausea, it settled in the pit of your stomach and had you reaching for the toilet bowl yet again. You were unable to hear the door opening of the sound of your dry heaves, there was nothing left for your body to get rid of. A warm hand smoothed down your back while your husband kneeled down next to you. He murmured soothing words to you while your body finally started to calm down a little. Once your dry heaving and coughing subsided, Jongin quickly grabbed a washrag from the closet, wet it with some cool water and sat you down on the now closed toilet seat. He gently pressed the cool rag to your forehead and brushed his fingers through your hair, watching you with sad eyes.

“I’m so sorry,” He spoke first. Every day you got sick he would apologize, and you knew he was sincere in his words. And every day you would just smile gently at him and ruffle his hair, telling him there was nothing to be sorry about. This was just a part of pregnancy, and you would get through it. He made it up to you tenfold through evening foot rubs and surprise frozen yogurt treats. You truly couldn’t ask for a better husband.

After smiling and ruffling Jongin’s hair, leaving him grinning warmly at you, you got up to go brush your teeth. Nobody wants a good morning kiss after vomiting, and you preferred mint to last night’s dinner. While you furiously scrubbed your molars with a pink toothbrush, you saw Jongin stand next to you so he could brush away his morning breath. It was moments like these you were extremely grateful for the double vanity sinks you had installed last summer.

Once your teeth were squeaky clean you started to pull at your tank top, you always felt disgusting after getting sick and craved a shower that turned your skin a flush pink to effectively wash away the germs and grogginess that made you feel icky so that you could be a functional human being for the day. You caught Jongin’s eyes in the mirror, and you could see a subtle smirk playing on his lips. You sent him a saucy wink and shimmied out of your shorts, and then walked over to the shower. You were just reaching past the glass door to turn the water when you felt your husband press against your spine, a certain morning problem nudging your backside.

“Is there room for two in there?”

~

After a thoroughly eventful shower and a tiny breakfast of toast that Jongin nearly shoved down your throat because damn it woman you are eating for two, nourish yourself and my baby properly, the afternoon found the two of you lounging on the couch having your weekly movie marathon. Today had been Jongin’s pick, because last week you had make him sit through five hours of Disney Princess movies, to which he retaliated by singing loudly and way off key. His revenge continued into today as he had chosen some documentary on World War II that nearly bored you to tears. After you kicked him in the leg constantly for roughly ten minutes, he caved and changed the channel to Lord of the Rings. Ahhh, finally something you both could agree on.

Halfway through the marathon, and two bowls of popcorn later, you had passed out, your cheek pressing against his thigh while he carded his fingers through your silky hair. He watched the rhythmic rise and fall of your back and was unable to resist the strong urge to run his hand down your spine. You wiggled in your sleep a bit, but were still once again, a snore sounding over the harsh sounds of battle coming from the television. He smiled down at you fondly and reached for the remote, clicking off the ringing of swords and screams of pain to leave the room silent, save for your breathing. Jongin carefully repositioned himself so that he was lying on his side, his back pressed against the plush surface of the back of the couch with you spooned against him. He draped his arm around your middle, rubbing a loving hand over your stomach where your baby was, and in that moment he was truly happy. Jongin’s eyes fluttered shut and he inhaled the scent of the berry shampoo he had lathered in your hair earlier this morning. He knew that in a few hours you would wake, crave random junk food and send him to the grocery store for it, so he wanted to enjoy feeling you nestled against him for as long as possible. With thoughts of his love for you and the baby and a smile on his face, Jongin fell into a peaceful  slumber.