A mom who always listens

My Valentine

...At the Coffee Shop...

AUNT INN's  POV

What's happening with these girls? They are not in themselves since they got here.

"Miss , that's not what I ordered.", a customer complained

"oh, sorry", Pie bow and show her apolegetic smile. 

"hey!", fern accidentally poured the hot coffee on the shirt of a customer

" i'm very sorry mister, you can have a free coffee and cake for that" i quickly approach the man who seemed very mad

"fine", he just nod

"fern clean the mess", i quickly told fern and she walked inside the stock room and get a mop.

After the incident I let them stay in the counter and I took charge in serving the orders. I have to find out what got in these two. They never been clumsy before . They might be having troubles in their university. 

-Closing time-

"Pie, fern come here" they hurriedly approach right after they wipe the tables

" what happened to both of you? You've been spacing out the whole time. Is there anything that's bothering you or shall i say "anyone"?, I saw Pie's face reddened while fern sulked.

"oh come on young ladies, you know you can trust me about anything. I'm very worried about the two of you. You never acted this way before" i'm really worried about them. I treat this two girls like my real daughters even though I'm just  fern's stepmom. Her mom died after giving birth to Fern . I met her dad because of Pie's mom, she's my bestfriend . fern was just 2 years old back then. We had a very happy ,prospered family until he died  in an accident while Fern was just 6 years old. I love her like my own flesh and blood, and also Pie who happened to be her cousin and bestfriend.

"So , who wants to start" they both look at each other and sigh

"pie can you tell me what's the matter?", she looked at me with hesitation

" okay . This is how it starts......."  I don't know what to say after Pie told me everything. It's really a bad day for her but what bothers me more is about the "handsome tom" that's giving her confusion. But I felt a little bit happy because i think Pie is starting ti have crush. Well I don't care if her crush is a tom. As long as she's happy and safe, well she needs to experience fun and love . Her life has been a struggle ever since her mon died. She needs to enjoy her teenage life and having a crush is part of it. 

"It's ok Pie, just enjoy . I think you're having crush on her" a which made her blush

"err. You think so Auntie?" She innocently ask. 

"Yes" i smile widely

" i can't. I have to set aside this kind of stuffs . I need to focus in my studies" i can see the hurt in her eyes . I'm sad because of she depriving her self from being happy but I'm also proud because i can her dedication on finishing her studies and reach for her dreams.

"what about you fern? Why are sulking since you got here?" And yes she still sulking

" nothing mom" she fake a smile. i know her like the back of my hand.

"come on baby tell mom what's the problem." I carress her back 

"fine mom. This is how my day was ruined", she started her story....