Torn between Love and Hatred

My Valentine

“Kim, seriously is this still part of your plan?”

 

“Of course Mario. I need to make her love me. To the extent that she can crash Van for me”, I drink the vodka

 

We are now at our place, drinking liquor.

 

“That’s not what we’re seeing Kim. The way you act in front of her, your gestures, the way get mad when some guys try to talk to her”, Shin said

 

“Oh come on, I really punch douche without a word, okay?” I defended myself

 

“Yeah, but the way you look at them, there is intent jealousy”, Mario added

 

“Will you guys just stop intervening with my agendas? THIS IS ALL JUST A PART OF MY PLAN. NOTHING ELSE”, I walkout and went to my room. I don’t want to make the conversation longer.

 

Ever since I’ve learned that Van is attracted to Pie. I decided to forget the growing love that I’m having for her. And I think that I’ve already won her heart. All I need to do now is have a tape with her then make Van watch it. This is the best thing that I can do to crash him into pieces. For him to experience how much it hurts to find out that the person you truly love is never been yours at the first place. Just like how I felt when I found out that my father just used my Mom and Me for wealth. After this, I could consider it is already fair…

 

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

I drove my car on the way to Pie’s place. I always fetch her. As I enter their coffee shop, Aunt Inn greeted with a smile.

 

‘’Good Morning Aunt Inn, where’s Pie?”, I ask

 

“Good Morning Kim, she’s still upstairs. I’m afraid she can’t go to school today”

 

“Why? Is she alright?”, I worriedly ask.

 

“ she has fever”, damn, what happened to her

 

“ Can I come to her room?”

 

“Of course Kim, go upstairs”

And with that, I went upstairs. Fern is not there anymore. Mario is fetching her to school. I don’t know why.

 

 As I enter the room, I saw Pie sleeping with blanket. I went closer to her. I touch her forehead. She’s so hot, literally. And I could see that she’s shivering.

 

“ Kim, is that you”, she looked at me weakly

 

“y.yeah. Are you alright, babe?”, I held her cheek

 

“I can’t go to school today. Sorry I haven’t told you earlier.”, she tried to explain. It made me more worried. She looks so weak.

 

“shh. It’s okay babe. I’m planning not to go to school today so I could take care of you”, she then cover my mouth to stop me from talking. Her hand is so hot.

 

“you don’t have to do that. Go to school, okay? I’m fine. Can you do me a favor?”

 

“sure babe, what is it?” I ask her

 

“ would you mind lending me your notes for today since I can’t go to school? I don’t want to miss the lesson, midterm is coming”, still thinking about studying?

 

“aiissh,,  You’re sick, and yet still thinking about school?! Just rest okay?”, I mocked her but she just smiled

 

“Sorry babe. Go now, you might be late”

 

“Okay, but I’ll be here soon okay? Do you want anything?”, She looks so pale.

 

“nothing, just take care superman”, I don’t know why but I suddenly hug her and kiss her hand . I bid goodbye and went out the café. As enter my car I started contemplating if I should go to school today,

I really don’t want to go to school so that I could take care of her.. WAIT .. What?? NO!The no! I should not be worried too much. Everything is just fake.

 

But , I have to admit to myself that I can’t help myself but like her, fall for her. But no, there’s no way I’m going to back out with my plan, This is for my mom. But how I wish I could love Pie for real. How I wish that I can.

 

 

 

MARIO’S POV

 

I’m really worried about Kim. We’ve been buddies since we were kids. I know her too well. And she can’t

deny that she really is falling for Pie. I’ve never seen her this affectionate and caring to anyone. The way she look at Pie. It’s really different. If only I can convince her to forget about her plan, I already did. She is the type of a person who can’t be convince if she already made up her mind. What I’m really afraid of is that she will only not hurt Van, but also Pie and herself.

 

“Mario! WTF? I’m talking to you man. Come on?”, oh fck I spaced out

 

“Sorry Kim, what are asking again”, I switch my phone to my other ear

 

“ I’m asking what should I buy for Pie. She has fever. She looks pale. I don’t know what to do”

 

“Calm down man, it’s just fever. Buy her some soup and medicine”

 

“thanks man”

 

“Whoaah. Wait.. does that mean that you’re not joining as tonight at the concert?” , whooh, There is no way that Kim will trade her chance to go to the concert of linkin park.

 

“ No dude, I need to look after Pie. “

 

“Now look at you. Stop denying that you love her! Trading the concert for her? Now I could say that you really love her”, I

 

“Shut up, I gonna go now” she hang up .

 

Told you she loves Pie..

 

 

 

 

 

To Pie:

Babe , are you okay?

 

 

 

 

Babe do you want anything?

 

Babe, have you checked your temperature?

 

 

 

Babe, have you took your lunch?

 

 

 

 

Babe , have you drink your medicine?

 

 

 

Babe..

 

 

Babe, can I call you?

 

 

 

I’ve been texting Pie since I got to school. I can’t focus on our lectures. I’ve been thinking about Pie the whole day. But I made sure that I took notes just like what she told me,

 

Right after the class, I hurriedly got out of the classroom.

 

I was about to went down the stairs went someone grab my arm.

 

“ hey Kim, why in a hurry?”

 

“Let go of me . My girl is sick so I need to buy her medicine”

 

“What did you see on her? Huh ? Is she prettier than me?”

 

“will shut your mouth, huh Jane? I’m in a hurry so get out of the way”, This girl is really annoying.

 

I get inside my car and drove to the medicine boutique.

 

 

And to my Luck, there’s so many customers inside.

 

“excuse me, please give me a box of medicine for fever”, I ask a pharmacist but he ignored me because he’s accommodating another customer.

 

“hey. Hey !”, I tried to get his attention.

 

 

“Will you please wait for your turn, Sir?”, he finally said which made me angry. But I tried to composed myself.

 

15 minutes

 

 

20 minutes

 

 

30 minutes.. NOW I’M MAD

 

“ Hey! I’ve been here half an hour already!”, I shouted but he ignored me

 

You left me with no choice.  I jump through the counter which made everyone shocked.

 

“You can’t go to here, sir. This is for the staffs only.”

 

“I’m Kim Burnaphan jitaleela, and this ing store is ours. Does all of you wanted to get fired?”

 

And then the manager came.

 

“ Master, why are you here?” he bowed

 

“ Your employees, don’t know who I am. “

 

“I’m so sorry for that Master, what do you want here?”, he ask me politely

 

“ Give me medicine for fever”, he quickly get a box and gave it to me.  I quickly rush outside and drive to Pie’s place

 

I ask aunt Inn if Pie already ate but she said that Pie doesn’t have the appetite.

 

I went upstairs to check on her. She still lying on the bed but she looks worse. 

 

She opened her eyes and looked  at me. She smiled weakly which made my heart crash. I can’t stand seeing her suffering like this.

“hey, you need to eat”, I told her softly as I caress her face

 

 

“I’m not hungry”, she pouted. God she’s so cute

 

“Do you want to drink some water, then? “, I don’t want to force her to eat

 

“ a little only”, I went down the stairs to get a glass of water.

 

I saw Aunt Inn at the kitchen.

 

“ How is she Kim?”, she looked at me

 

“ She still have fever. I ask her to eat but she doesn’t want to so I just suggested that she drink water”, I said as I took out a pitcher inside the fridge

 

“ Please try to talk to her again, she really needs to eats. She’s been vomiting since this morning. She might get dehydrated.”, now I’m getting more worried but I hide it from Aunt Inn. She might get too worried too.

 

“Don’t worry Aunt Inn, I will do my best to convince her. I might as well stay here for tonight so I could look after her”, I tried to lighten Aunt Inn’s mood and I succeed. She thank me for that and I went upstairs again.

 

As I enter the room, I saw Pie trying to get up from the bed weakly. I hurriedly approach her to help her sit on the bed

 

“ What’s the matter Pie?”, I kneeled down infront of her

 

“I need to go to the ba.. blahhhh” before she could even finish her sentence she puked on my shirt. I got up and get a towel. I remove the puke from my shirt.

 

“ I’m so sorry Kim”, she looked at me apologetically

 

“It’s okay Babe. Let me help you lay down first. I’ll get a basin so you don’t have to stand up if you want to puke. Okay?”, I kiss her forehead as she nods.

 

I went to the bathroom to wash my hands. I also remove my shirt, luckily I wore a tank top today. I get a basin and put it beside her bed. I get a wet, warm towel and a rubbing alcohol. I  wipe her face and arms to make her temperature lower. 

 

“ Hey Kim, how is she?”, Oh thank God Fern came. I approach her.

“She’s still have fever. Can I ask you a favor?”, I said softly to avoid waking Pie up

 

“Yeah sure , what is it?”, she said softly too

 

“Can you please wipe her body with the towel and help her change her clothes? That might help to make her feel better. I’m going to cook soup for her downstairs”, I said as I glance at Pie

 

“ Okay Kim”, she nodded and approach Pie. I was about to walk out the door when Fern suddenly spoke

 

“Pie is so lucky to have you Kim”, I looked at her and she  smiled sincerely. I smiled too but as I walkaway, I felt a struck in my heart…. GUILT..

 

 Oh Fern, you don’t have an Idea.