One

January 23rd

You're just too good to be true. 

I can't take my eyes off you.

 

J a n u a r y  2 3

 

I tossed and turned in my bed as I felt a sharp pain constantly poking my sides. I shot out of bed and came face to face with my best friend, Kang Mi. I flicked her forehead and jumped back into my cozy bed, hiding under my fluffy blanket. I was slowly drifting to dreamland when I felt my mattress bouncing up and down, jolting me back into reality. I stuck my leg out which caused her to trip and fall off the bed. 

"YAH! Nara! Will you get your lazy out of bed? We're going to be late!" She screamed.

"I don't get why you have to drag me to this stupid choir thing at 7 in the freaking morning when I could be enjoying my Sunday sleeping in," I replied. 

"C'mon please!" She begged. "You need to get out of your house anyways! You're always locked up in here. I promise after it's over, I'll take you to the mall and we'll go shopping." 

"Fine, let me just take a quick shower. Wait here, and make my bed since your crazy self decided to jumped on it. "

I got out of the shower, blow dried my hair, and got dressed. I decided to wear a pink floral top, a beige cardigan, blue jeans, and brown sandals. I went downstairs with Kang Mi to eat breakfast, and we waited waited for her mom to pick us up. 

When we got there, I have never felt so out of place in my life. I was so lost that all I did was follow Kang Mi everywhere. I spotted my old friends, Ah Ra and Li Na; we greeted each other and had small talk. The ceremony, I guess you could call it finally started. Everybody was singing all these songs that I've never heard of in my life, and all I did was stand there like a statue. 

I looked back at the clock, but a fluff of pink cotton candy was blocking my way. I looked back again, and I realized that it was someone's hair. Stupid me. The clock was in clear view now, and it struck me that I was stuck here for another 3 hours. I glanced to the side where the pink cotton candy hair guy was standing, and he smiled at me. I smiled back, and he did the most random thing: he freaking winked at me. That giant guy winked at me. I turned my attention to the front, and I realized that my cheeks were flushed pink. 

After all the singing, we were finally dismissed to our classrooms. Inside the room was a small lady, a bit smaller than me, and she introduced herself as Ga In. She had us sit in a circle and introduce ourselves one by one. Right in front of me was the cotton candy guy smiling at me. Kang Mi introduced herself first, and I went right after. 

I stood up and said, "Hello, I'm Nara, Kang Mi's friend. Please treat me well." 

Everybody else started introducing themselves, and I was anxiously waiting for cotton candy to introduce himself. It was finally his turn. 

He coolly stood up, cleared his throat and said, "Last but not least, I'm Junhong." Then he slowly walked towards me and whispered in my ear, "But you can call me tonight." 

Once again, my cheeks were flushed pink, and I tried to avoid his gaze. Kang Mi nudged me and started raising her eyebrows at me. Ga In unnie announced that we were going to play a game and that we needed a partner. I was about to reach for Kang Mi's arm when my own arm was being pulled away. 

I was face to face with Junhong and he said, "Be my partner, please?"

"But I-I I was gonna pair up with Ka—" 

"Too late doll, everybody else is paired up. You're stuck with me now," he replied, cutting me off. 

He grabbed my arm and dragged me in the middle of the room where everybody else was at. Ga In unnie explained that we were going to play the newspaper game. So you and your partner have to stand on the newspaper, and the newspaper keeps being folding in half and you and your partner have to find a way to be on the newspaper. 

We both awkwardly stood on the already folded newspaper, then it was time to fold it in half again. I had to scoot closer to him until my face hit his chest, we would've been fine if he didn't have giant feet. Folding time again, now it was the size of a book. I stared at him with widened eyes as I tried to figure out how we would fit on the newspaper. 

"Get on my back," he demanded. 

"Uh excuse me?" I asked.

"I said, get on my back miss." 

"Fine, you giant. As you wish," I replied and hopped on his back. 

"Gosh, why do you have to be so tall? I can barely even get on your back," I complained. 

"You'll be glad I'm tall, so our kids can inherit my good genes, unlike you shorty." 

"What? Kids?! In your dreams cotton candy boy!" I snapped and flicked his ear and he groaned in pain.

By then, there were only 2 teams left: me and Junhong and Ah Ra and this guy who's name I forgot. It was folded in half again, and now it was about the size of a wallet. I looked at Junhong for ideas and before I could even say anything, I was swept off my feet. He carried me bridal style and was on his tippy toe. 

"See, I'm already practicing for our wedding night," he winked. 

"You are gross. How can you even stand like this? Aren't you gonna lose balance?" I asked. 

"I took ballet girl, I know how to stay in relevè. I'm flexible too," he winked once again. 

I was so distracted with our conversation that I didn't even realize that we won. We were both given little goodie bags, and it was time to eat. I sat with the girls, and they started talking to me all at once. 

"Girl, he totally likes you!" 

"He's so into you, you should've seen him!" 

"They're right, you should've seen his smile. He hasn't smiled like that in a while. 

All I did was shake my head at them. It was finally time to leave and we were waiting for Kang Mi's mom to pick us up. She finally came, and we both walked to the car. 

"Leaving so soon?" 

I turned around to see Junhong behind me. 

"Yeah, I guess. What do you want?" I asked. 

"You can't just leave without saying bye," he whined. 

"Okay, bye cotton candy boy," I said and pinched his cheek. 

"Bye Nara, but like I said you can call me tonight," he said. 

"How can I even call you night when I don't have your number, stupid," I mumbled and smiled to myself.


 Hello dears! I hope this chapter wasn't too boring. I really tried to make it as interesting as I could. It wasn't supposed to be this long either, I was expecting this chapter to be pretty short, but oh well.

Please leave your lovely comments & upvotes if possible! And I would like to thank the people who have already subscribed and upvoted this story, it really means a lot! Thank you guys :*

And the quote up there is from the song Can't Take My Eyes Off You. I recommended that you guys listen to the cover by Park Jaehyung (:

Poster credits: hopebunny - vixen graphics

FUN FACTS:

He was wearing pink when I first met him. Since Zelo had pink hair in the foreword, I decided to keep it at that.

We actually met at church and not some choir thingy.

He did introduce himself like, "Last but not least, I'm ______." Which pretty much caught my attention.