Seventh Dose: Anyeong Pt 2: Getting to Know You, Should I be restless or Should I be glad?

Two Opposite Poles

Hilton Hotel, Kuala Lumpur

 

All seven pairs of eyes still staring Nichkhun, intensely.

 

They all wait for an answer which is Khun himself didn’t know how to explain.

 

Nichkhun let a deep, heavy sigh. He’s trying his hardest to organize his thoughts so that his answer would be understandable.

 

While Khun’s thinking, Taec suddenly let a high pitch voice and claps his hand together.

 

“Ah, that’s why I think you look familiar. Elyssa, didn’t we met already in the elevator that night?”

 

Elyssa just smiles at Taec’s question.

 

Natasha makes her why-don’t-you-tell-me-that face.

 

While 2PM members mutter to each other “When is that?”

 

“And here, I thought you would never recognize me, the elevator girl from that night.”

 

Was her simple, humble answer.

 

Then, all of them start to eat back their forgotten meal just now.

 

Nichkhun, on the other hand, smiles to himself when he realizes hot topic just now slowly being forgotten.

 

“How could I forget? You were one in million girls who wouldn’t scream excitedly seeing me riding the very same elevator with her. I seriously thought you didn’t recognize me that night.” Taec said, paused for a while, munching his food.

 

“Honestly, I didn’t recognize you at the first glance. I got a familiar feeling, but I only know after I am out of the elevator, and that time you take off your sunglasses, then I know it was you.” Elyssa explains.

 

Everyone nods their head, listening to Elyssa explanation.

 

“And it was you, who almost run into Khunnie’s embrace the other day?” Wooyoung asks, out of curiosity, to confirm their suspicion just now.

 

Elyssa just nods her head, while Natasha in daze.

 

“Elyssa bumps into 2PM members repeatedly and she didn’t brag about it, not even once.” Natasha thinks.

 

“And now, knowing you are a hottest I am a bit curious. Are you really a hottest, at all? You don’t seem glad during our encounter at that time.” Taec throws a question at her.

 

Elyssa just smiles, sweetly. She drinks her Milo.

 

Natasha shakes her head and simply said, pausing from eating,

 

“If you see through her songs collection, you’d be surprised. She’s definitely a hottest, hardcore hottest.” Then she munches her bread, cautiously and swallows them.

 

Elyssa smacks her hand playfully and shoots back,

 

“As if I’m the only one, don’t make me start on how you scream whenever you watch their performance.”

 

“Like seriously?” All 2PM members said in unison. Their jaw dropped at the statement.

 

“And why we haven’t been seeing you two in any of our concerts?” Minjun suddenly asks.

 

“You were saying as if you would recognize us in the sea of human.” Natasha said with a beautiful smirk.

 

“Well, I don’t know about anyone else, but you two would definitely caught my eyes, if you ever came to our concert.” The Giant Maknae, suddenly interrupted. He then continue eating, the food he abandoned just now.

 

“You’d better believe him. With his skill, it’s impossible to forget beautiful lady like you two.” Wooyoung continues.

 

“Well, to answer your question and curiosity both of us not really fond of crowd places.” Natasha said as a matter of fact.

 

“Aeyy, aren’t you two doctors?” Junho also want to satisfy his curiosity.

 

Elyssa and Natasha both nod their head.

 

“Then you need to see a lot of people, and attending ceremonies, and things like that. Plus, isn’t hospital itself a crowded place?” Junho is still trying to understand.

 

“Well, in hospital we do need to see a lot of patient and hospital itself is a crowded place. But we don’t need to face it all the time, most of the time we only have one-to-one session with each patient. Attending ceremonies is optional, and any compulsory ceremony we had to attend is not as noisy as concerts. So, it is bearable.”

 

All six members of 2PM nodded their heads with Natasha explanation.

 

“And, as much as we love you we hate loud noisy places more. So that’s why we never been to any of your concerts. Plus, we kind of busy and we only have 25 holidays for a whole year. So, we better saved the holidays for emergency and celebratory purpose.” Elyssa added later.

 

“And the reason you be able to sit calmly, not jumping on us is because….?” Minjun asks then.

 

“You’re not the only one with strong mind and willpower, Mr. Minjun,” Elyssa answers then, with the most beautiful smile she can carves on her face.

 

Minjun who listen to that answer just smiles sheepishly. Her beautiful smile make Minjun shy a little bit and he blushes a little.

 

Nichkhun who sits just beside Minjun can see how beautiful her smile for his hyung is and his hyung reaction towards that very smile makes him boiling with anger. Slowly, his eyes and ears redden.

 

“And why you look so angry when I grab your hand the other day?” Khun asks her, almost explode seeing her beautiful smile that is not for him.

 

The topic that everyone starts to forget resurfaced with Khun’s question.

 

Elyssa stunned for a while, looking Nichkhun’s reaction. His red eyes, his face as red as tomatoes and also his red ears “Is he angry?”, she couldn’t help to have this thought in her mind and honestly, his face like that is not a sight she want to see right now. It’s scary.

 

“Here, have some water.” She just passes him a glass of plain water, for him to drink, and cools down.

 

Khun who is in anger state just grabs the drink Elyssa passes to him and drinks with rage. Then, he put back the glass harshly.

 

Elyssa just stares him, her eyes pleading him to follow what she is doing.

 

Khun looks at her and amazingly starts to understand what she wants. He nods a little and sees her take a deep breath.

 

So, he follows her. Inhale exhale. Inhale exhale. Inhale exhale. Then he amazingly feels that his anger has lessened.

 

Everyone at the table all were shocked at the situation.

 

How the Khun Angel suddenly became furious and how stranger Elyssa calm him down, just like that. That was definitely something rare to see.

 

“I won’t ask to why you angry just now, but I think I should explain to you why I was the other day.” Elyssa starts to speak as she saw Khun started to calm.

 

“Well, as you can see I am a Muslim woman. For us touching skin between men and women without a proper relationship is forbidden. And all this while I have been following the rules set and all of sudden some random guy just touch me. It just rage and upset me.”

 

She explains then, when she saw everyone is waiting for her explanation.

 

“Listen to that Khun. Don’t just simply grab any woman you saw after this. Plus, luckily there were no reporters back then. If it was captured and spread, how would you explain this to Jinyoung Hyung?” Minjun starts to nag.

 

Khun just plays his poker face, to hides whatever nonsense he thinks and feels right now.

 

“But to my defense, it is not totally random. I bump into her at the airport, at that time when I have diarrhea, remember?  And at that time she has exactly the same response when she met Taec in the elevator. She just play her poker face, and like Taec, I kind of curious why isn’t she glad to bump into a celebrity.”

 

Khun tries to stand in his stance.

 

“As I said just now, it is not allowed in my religion and that was also one of the reasons why we’re not jumping on any of you right now.” She added, tries to joke a little bit, to loosen the tense they felt right now.

 

A soft smile plastered at each of 2PM members’ face listening to her explanation. While Natasha still looks confused right now, as she totally new to the fact that Elyssa has met with all 2PM members and Khun has made her furious.

 

“It happens while I was out going to toilet the other day. My sudden diarrhea, remember?” Elyssa explain to her, of course using Malay language, didn’t want them to know her issue back then.

 

Natasha nods her head and shows “OK” sign with her fingers and then she smiles.

 

“No wonder you became more sensitive.” She added then and her smile widened.

 

“Don’t you dare say more.” Elyssa warns her and she just smiles.

 

“I am sorry our light breakfast became this heavy.” Natasha apologizes.

 

“Well, no offense but listening to your description it is kind of boring life to live, don’t you think so?” Junho asks, out of curiosity.

 

This guy, once he’s curios he’ll dig no matter how deep, till he satisfied.

 

“Just like the phrase “beauty is in the eye of beholders”, that also applied to us. You need to understand the purpose behind the rules set and given.” Natasha said then.

 

“And why is that?” Junho asks again.

 

“Well, this discussion is getting long. We need to pack our things since we need to check out by 12 noon. What should we do?” Elyssa said then.

 

Junho offers the ladies to join them going to airport later since their flight is around the same time.

 

Minjun poke his side and make what-are-we-going-to-tell-Minjae-Hyung-about-this? Face. Junho just smiles, reassuringly and mouthed “left him to me, I know how to handle him”.

 

Minjun nods his head when he sees every member are glad to spend more time with those girls and so, they promised to go up, pack their things and meet at the lobby by 12 noon.

 

***

 

They gather at the lobby hotel that noon and check out of the hotel.

 

Fortunately, Junho stay true to his words and their manager is excited to see the ladies. They introduce both party and after that they start put their luggage in the luggage compartment and they climb up the bus’ stairs.

 

Then comes up another problem, which is seat arrangement.

 

Junho, Wooyoung and Chansung go straight to the back and occupied 4 last seats at the back.

 

Minjun sits at the single seat just in front of Junho.

 

Elyssa sighed seeing this since she was hoping she can seat with Minjun and have a nice chat.

 

Then, Taec invites Natasha to share seat with him, the seat which is the same row with Minjun’s and Natasha gladly accepts it since Taec is her ultimate bias in 2PM.

 

That left Elyssa and Nichkhun.

 

Elyssa then take the seat in front of Minjun and Khun settles in the seat next to Elyssa, across the aisle.

 

Minjae take the seat next to Khun, and the other crews take their seat.

 

Their journey is about to begin and both Elyssa and Natasha recite their prayer. The others look at them, a little bit curious about what are they doing but still, they let them finished.

 

As soon as Natasha rubs her face, Taec asks her.

 

Natasha explains what exactly she’s doing, and Elyssa smiles. Thinking, there’s no end to learn. Every day, every single time there’ll always be opportunity to learn something new.

 

On The Bus, On The Way To The Airport.

 

Nichkhun take small peeks at Elyssa. After a while, he saw her plugged in her earphone and closes her eyes. Resting, or maybe even sleeping. She cuts herself off from outer surroundings.

 

Nichkhun sighed, this is not what he imagine when they agrees to share transportation.

 

Chansung shakes his head, notice the sad looks in his hyung’s face.

 

So, he screamed loudly, asking for attention.

 

“Since today is the last day we’re here in Malaysia, why don’t we play a game with these two Malaysian we have here.” He said when all attention is on him.

 

Natasha just laughs at his behavior and Elyssa just smiles, gently.

 

“So, I guess silence means you all agree with me. Then, any traditional games we can play now?” He added then.

 

Natasha thinks to herself, any fun games to be played on a bus.

 

“Well as far as I know we don’t have any particular games to play on a bus ride, but what about this? One of us will sing a verse of song, and the next person in line have to sing another song, starting with the last word of the song the first player sang.”

 

“Well, that sounds like a fun game to be played. What the punishment if the next person failed?” Taec asks.

 

“Any suggestion on the punishment?” Minjun voices out.

 

“How about ddak bam?” Chansung suggested.

 

“Well, as I explained before I am not fond with any punishment with skinship involved.” Elyssa voices out her uneasiness.

 

Everyone exchanging looks. Thinking suitable punishment to be execute if any of them failed.

 

“Okey, what about this. Confessing your love to any pointed person and you cannot laugh.” Junho suggests.

 

And boy, his suggestion did bring up past good memories. Taec has played this game before with Jaebummie, their beloved leadja and Channie. And in no time Taec and Chansung both burst out laughing their heart out, reminiscing fun and ridiculous memory with his missed leadja hyung.

 

Surprisingly, Elyssa herself starts to giggles as she also recalls the “final” episode of Wild Bunny. It’s a shame 2PM were in that controversy at that time, the down period of 2PM. She really hopes that there will be continuation to that series as it really fun even honestly speaking it is a weird show. But that show was the proof that those charismatic beastly idols were just a human, like every other person.

 

There are times that they are disgusting normal males, and also there are times of being silly, plain stupid, and those times are the one most interesting and those memories will be a precious one to them. Not only to them but also precious to their hottest.

 

Natasha stares right into Elyssa’s eyes, wondering why. Elyssa just mentions two words, “Wild Bunny”, and Natasha also burst out laughing.

 

All of 2PM members are gaping. Surprised how they know about that show. Since the show has cut short, it was long forgotten. Even a Korean hardcore hottest forget about it already, and here in a remote country, two of the hottest still have vivid memory about their game. It was like 5,6 years ago.

 

“You know that show?” Khun asks both Elyssa and Natasha.

 

They just nod their head vigorously.

 

“Of course, what would you think? That show was like a masterpiece. My most favorite variety show with 2PM in it.” Elyssa smiles, wide, from one ear to another.

 

“So what do you mean is you like seeing us get dirty and stupid?” Wooyoung asks, a little bit offended.

 

And at that time Elyssa feels like an eternity when each pair of eyes in the bus stares at them. Demanding explanation since they don’t really understand what kind of fans would love to see their idols’ stupidity.

 

“No, I like it cause it show the human side of all of you. Honestly, being perfect 10 all the time is just plain impossible. It’s basically inhumane. Every single person has this dirty, crazy, stupid part of him. And seeing this side of you makes me realize, you all are just a human, like me who tend to make silly mistakes, play stupid pranks, whose have feelings, can get angry, happy and irritated. So that when either this not so idol character of yours surfaced, I’ll calmly accept it. And as a human being you all also need your privacy, so I’ll always bear that in mind and that was one of the reason I manage to adore you all from afar.”

 

Elyssa calmly explains what she thinks, feels and clears all the misunderstanding. All of 2PM members with all the crew are so touched with what she feels. Seriously, if each and every fans has the same thoughts as her, idols life would be easier with less burden and expectations.

 

Natasha also nods her head, agreeing to every single word spoken with wisdom.

 

Nichkhun just stares Elyssa in awe.

 

“Oh my god, what’s wrong with this woman? Why is she so perfect? She treasured herself and treasured other people more. Even she has this thoughtful thinking, she is a  career woman, she is strict dealing with men even that very man is someone she adore so much, and her delicate ways communicating with her female friends. She is the definition of nice, strong, sophisticated woman, a precious one on top of that.”

 

“Okay, so if everyone are ready, shall we begin? Huhahahahahahaha.” Taec said added with his evil laughter manage to bring Khun out from his deep thoughts.

 

“So, with whom shall we start?” Elyssa asks then.

 

“To be fair, we can start from stylist noona at the very front seat. And also to make everything fair, we should sing English songs only. They wouldn’t really know Korean songs right?” Minjun suggests then.

 

Everyone nods their head. Well, conversing in English is not their strong point but at least they know English songs. While these two hottest don’t really know Korean words even in song so, they agreed to sing English songs only.

 

With that the game begun, starting from the stylist noona, the game passed on to the cameraman, coordi noona and so on and so forth. There’s one or two persons get punished in the process and amazingly they convey their love towards each other smoothly. Not even a single giggles were out.

 

Honestly their choices of songs are rather interesting. Most of them sang evergreen songs, kind of songs that will emerged a lot memories with them being sang. Either it was a memory of first love, first kiss, and even first break ups. It is fun and a nice way to bond if you must say. We can know a lot about a person from a “memory song collection” as Elyssa would like to call it.

 

Since they only have 3 seconds to continue the game, so the songs came out must be the one really there in your brains, means you have been listen to it repeatedly, your favorite songs or you yourselves has sang it repeatedly, since it was embedded deep into your subconscious mind.

 

Elyssa smiles to herself as the game continues, and not long after that was Minjae’s turn, after that would be Khun’s turn and immediate after Khun was her turn.

 

And everybody on the bus are excited, that’s include Elyssa, wondering what type of song will come out from Khun’s lips as soon as his turn arrives.

 

***