Twenty Fourth Dose: One Step Closer

Two Opposite Poles

Madam Khatijah can’t keep her smile. But then, why would she? This is such a beautiful and happy day. She will smile all the way, from ear to ear; it can rip her face into two for all she care. She will keep smiling as she can’t contain her happiness. All her prayers at jabal rahmah while performing her umrah were answered right now. She finally can die with no regrets now knowing both her daughters are in good hands now. She was busy running back and fro, attending all the guests currently, preparing for big banquet for her eldest daughter. Something she wondered will ever be happened in past months. Finally, she was so grateful that her daughter finally open up to accept someone other than her constant person in her life.

 

She can hear people keep on searching for her from all sides; asking this and that, in order to ensure the banquet will flow smoothly without any problem. Foods should be enough to provide all the guests. The songs playing also properly picked by the bride and groom themselves plus a little bit addition from her side of family. Her phone also didn’t stop ringing since morning, in order to make sure groom’s family was well taken care of. She is very grateful that her sister and her sister’s husband were there to help her in managing the banquet.

 

She went towards the living room, where the bridal dais located. It was simple but so elegant, just nice and perfect. Pastel color of the bridal dais accompanied by soft lighting of blue and yellow, brings up all the romantic mood and feels within those looking at it. With fresh flowers arranged at the both sodes of short pathway towards it, giving off the feeling of garden wedding. They couldn’t afford to take risk of bad weather if they want to proceed with garden wedding considering they are holding a wedding ceremony in this climate. So, the safer option is, having indoor wedding with a lots of fresh flowers.

 

Multiple colors of tulips really bring up the dais to be more beautiful, magnificient view even. With Bunga Telur at the very front of both sides, leading all the other fresh flowers to throw some of Malay culture feels in the wedding. Eggs wrapped and attach to beautiful flowers and given to all the guests are a symbol; a really nice symbol of request to all the kind guests to pray for fertility of the newlywed couple; for them to have children and live happily ever after in a big family.

 

Satisfied with the dais, Madam Khatijah march towards bride’s room to see for herself updates of her progress. Time’s getting near and she can’t help feeling nervous for her daughter. The face that she saw once the door was open was so beautiful, it not overboard if she says an angel has blessed the mortals with her beauty. left open and no words could find their way out from .

 

“Mom, what are you doing standing like a silly person in the middle of open door?” Elyssa asks with a soft chuckle following after she completed her sentence.

 

Her daughter soft voice bring her back to consciousness, and she smiles warmly approaching her daughter who was sitting in front of a big mirror, having her face dolled up. It not even finish yet but she already looks so dazzling, ready to blind all the people who ever dares to lay eyes on her.

 

“Nothing dear, I was just so amazed how is it my once ugly daughter turn up to be the most beautiful angel.” She replies in most sweetly ever.

 

“Mom!!!”Elyssa shrieks and smack her mother’s arm playfully; such a beautiful scene in such beautiful day. Elyssa won’t be so greedy to hope the days will even get better from what they already have currently.

 

Madam Khatijah just laughs happily, and hugs her daughter tightly. They were both consumed with mixed feelings; happy mostly, sad a part of it and another biggest part is overwhelmed? How everything’s seems to proceed too fast to their liking, even though it was something that Madam Khatijah has wait for far too long. Her youngest child has been married for some years now, how can her eldest one didn’t get married yet? But to think back, it’s not up to them. Fate, encounter, soulmate, and death not really in the hands of human; we were supposed to do something but if it was not destined for us then so be it.

 

Thus, she really grateful that it is written that she was blessed to see both her daughter getting married on behalf of his late husband.

 

And looking at her daughter’s beautiful bright smile, she believes Elyssa was as just happy as she was if not more; makes her heart swells with proud. How she had raised her right and she couldn’t be more thankful for that.

 

Without both of them realizing, a drop of tear fall, followed by several more. Tears of happiness they say. Her stylist has to separate them in order to stop them both from ruining her angelic make up.

 

“Sis, I am so sorry, couldn’t help being emotional wreck on the happiest day of my life.” Elyssa in light sobs said.

 

She just shakes her head and warmly smiles.

 

“It’s okay honey. That’s normal, in fact I will be weirded out if I didn’t have to repair your make up on your wedding day, I will most probably question your humanity, which I know I shouldn’t since I know what you work as.” She swiftly calms Elyssa down with her savage jokes.

 

“Well, I need to go back outside to entertain the guests. I saw some of your friends arrived just now. I will direct them inside.” Madam Khadijah said. Elyssa just nods and resume dolling up her face. Technically she just laid back and let the make-up artist dolled up her face. She needs to put on her wedding gown then everything will be ready. She was so nervous she can’t keep still.

 

“Yah!!! Keep still, or else instead of Belle the beauty you would become Annabelle.” Both of them laugh and Elyssa nerves calm down a little bit. But her heart still doing marathon and she keeps on praying.

 

Throughout her make-up process some of her close friends came inside the room to say hi and they started to chat happily reminiscing their old time together as children. Elyssa felt thankful because her nerves calm a lot after their simple chatting. She finished her make-up and get ready to come out, waiting for the signal.

 

She heard some commotion from outside the room, it must be the groom and his family getting ready for the solemnization ceremony. Her heart started to go on marathon speed again. After few minutes, her younger sister peeked inside the room and told her that everything ready, she was needed outside to start the ceremony.

 

She carefully stand up and stepping out of the room. She’s too nervous to look around thus, she keep her gaze on the floor, counting her step, praying hard for her not to fall.

 

Several minutes too her seat felt like thousand years, and uncomfortable feeling when she felt thousand pairs of eyes staring at her. She can’t help as she is the star of the day.

 

As soon as she sat down she caught someone gazing at her. She looked back, and can’t help smiling at the handsome face that will become her husband incoming several minutes. Suddenly she can felt her past flashes in front of her eyes. Starting from their first encounter, his stubbornness, they becoming friend, their little arguments, facing through difficulty and sad times together, until he proposed her all coming back at her, one by one like video. She smiles brilliantly, replied by similar dazzling smile by her husband to be. Unknowingly both of them gives each other a small nod, like a silent agreement that they would start a life together, being there to support each other through thick and thin to live their life until death do them apart.

 

Their little telepathy moment was disturbed by small cough of the qadi. The one who will officiate the ceremony. It started with simple conversation, and introduction. Proceeded with small lecture regarding life after marriage and reminder on both groom and bride responsibility.

 

Then, the officer came to Elyssa and asked her regarding the marriage, is she forced into the marriage. This is important to make sure both bride and groom are willingly to be together.

 

Then, solemnization begin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

 

Well.. well..well.. Elyssa did get married, but to whom?

 

Here a little teaser for all the readers. don't get angry at me.

i definitely will expose her husband in next chappie. i love you all. Enjoy your reading.