Nineteenth Dose: Close to You, is All I want..

Two Opposite Poles

Seoul, South Korea.

 

“Yah! What happened? Why you have these deep dark circles around your eyes? Is it insomnia again?” Jun. K asked Nichkhun, concern with his dongsaeng condition right now. Now isn’t the time to be distracted with health problems. They are so busy with upcoming comeback and tour.

 

“Ani, I just..” nichkhun hesitates for a second whether he should come clean to his hyung or not. He takes a deep breath a release a very, very deep sigh.

 

  1. yo? Do you know this panda image totally don’t suit you. There’s only one panda in our group and that’s me. Remember that. Meh—rong.” Jun.K said and walks away. He knows Khun will tell him once he feels like it. He is just giving his dongsaeng more time; Time to sort his heart, to sort his feeling and mind up.

 

Nichkhun let another sigh out. As much as he despises to get back to their training in his messy state of mind right now, he can’t afford to miss training anymore. Their comeback for this year is just around the corner, and all his other members are training hard. It was so unfair if all of their hard work ruined just because he was so distracted with his petty little problem.

 

So he washes his face, put his happy face mask on and strides towards their practice room to resume their practice. He really grateful for their songs recently have gone much softer and didn’t require heavy acrobatic moves. Otherwise he will be more doomed than he already is right now.

 

“Eo, Khun wasso?” Taecyeon said as soon he saw Nichkhun steps into their practice room.

 

Every pair of eyes in the room fell on him. Khun just flash his angel-like smile to everyone.

 

Woodong, Chanana and Nuneo stands up and get ready into their position. Jun.K otherwise send him are-you-going-to-be-ok look and Khun give him a reassuring smile. Jun.K understood and he himself stands up to get into his position.

 

With that they spend the entire night practicing and perfect their synchronization, their dance and their formation for their upcoming album.

 

***

 

Johor Bharu, Johor, Malaysia.

 

“Elyssa”

 

Elyssa turn her head to see who’s been calling her name. She smiles at the person who was running to catch up with her.

 

“Why, anything happened?” She asks him.

 

He just smiles and pout.

 

“Is there something must be happens first before I get to talk to you?”

 

And dear God, his pout is one of the cutest pout in the world. Sometime he is just so cute that Elyssa herself doubt that this guy in front of her currently is a 28 year old, mature guy. And that pout with body like him, seriously is not a match made in heaven.

 

“Silly, don’t pout. It made you look ugly.” Ellyssa said smacking his shoulder with a book she’s holding in the process.

 

“Ouch, it hurts dummy. I pity the guy that would be your husband. Every day his body will be decorated with new bruises. Every. Single. Day. How can he live with you? O Allah, I hope you grant him patient as tall as a mountain to face this tigress.”

 

“Isn’t that pitiful guy would be you?” she asks then, laughing.

 

Shamill then halts, looking at her back with confused gaze. He snaps back into reality a few seconds later.

 

“Hey, do you agree then?” he shouts at her, running to match her pace again.

 

She just shrugs her shoulder.

 

“I don’t know.” She said then.

 

“Maybe yes…. Maybe no. I am considering it seriously now.” She said and walks away.

 

Shamill smile grew wider. He can see hope now.

 

Yes, he didn’t love her as a soul mate then. But he is sure if they tried, hard enough they can be happy couple. He has been happy being by her side, be her friend all this while. He can adapt to be the one she loves now. And he is damn sure he can love this woman dearly. She is lovable in the first place. It’s not impossible to love her a little bit more than he is right now.

 

***

 

 

Kluang, Johor, Malaysia.

 

Elyssa didn’t have on call duty that weekend so she went back to her hometown, spending time with her mother.

 

They were having fun that weekend, gardening, went to picnic together and eating fresh seafood by the beach. Weekend well spent and all of them were happy.

 

That night Elyssa decide to sleep with her mother.

 

“Why? After a very long time. Why would you want to sleep with me?” Her mother asks.

 

“Nothing happens. I just want to lie here beside you and fall asleep like old time.” She answers then.

 

The space was filled with silence and sound of their breathing.

 

“Mom…”

 

Elyssa calls her mother with hesitation.

 

“Hmm….what is it?

 

Madam Khadijah asks her daughter. She combs through Elyssa’s hair. It was comforting gestures that they share since a long time ago.

 

“What if I said I agree with your arrangement? Will you be happy?”

 

Madam Khadijah shocks upon hearing her daughter’s words.

 

“El..there is no turning back once you jumped into this. As much as I want you two to end up together because I know he capable of making you happy, but I do care about your feeling. There must be something that prevent you from agree to all these arrangement from the start. And I refuse to see you jumping into this whole mess because you feel that this is getting harder to handle or you wish to make us happy. Why? Because I want you to know that in the end, the one who will face the consequences is you. Both of you. So, I really hope that both of you to think deeply and carefully of what you are going to do. Okay?”

 

Elyssa tears fall down like a waterfall stream. She nods her head and buried her head in her mother chest. Madam Khadijah hugs her daughter lovingly.

 

“Honey, I am going to Mecca next month for my Umrah. Is it okay with you? Do you want to tag along? We can pray in front of Jabal Rahmah. Who knows, you will found your Mr. Right there?”

 

Madam Khadijah told Elyssa while her hair.

 

“Hmm..it is too late mom. If you tell me earlier, then maybe I manage to apply for it. You will go there with whom?” she asks back.

 

“Just with my friends”

 

“It’s okay then. Be careful okay. Anything you want to buy to bring there just tell me. I will prepare all for you.” Elyssa said then.

 

Madam Khadijah nods her head. She was so grateful to have a docile daughter.

 

 

***

 

Seoul, South Korea

 

Those six boys currently were practicing hard for their next comeback. All of their time were invested in their new album. Nichkhun really like the new songs, especially their title song; My house. It was like some kind of invitation to come to their home.

 

And when they prepare the video regarding home, Khun was unable to record it at his home, he refuse to record it in his own home, because the secret he’s been keeping will be known to the world. So, meanwhile waiting for him to ready to come clean about it, he opted to record it at some hotel room. It easy to make excuse since currently they are busy promoting their new album.

 

There he shows how will he exercise before going to bed and he show around his luxurious hotel room. While others, well some do film in their exact house like Channie and Junho, well others like Taeccie do record somewhere else. They simply get away with their busy schedule as excuse.

 

Finishing and wrap up his recording, he tidy up everything. They will have their 2 weeks holiday after their promoting weeks; the exact time that Khun wait for all his life.

 

He went back to his home and continues packing his clothes. And all the books he will need. He checked his itinerary and make sure everything is in place.

 

***

 

KLIA, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

 

“Hmm, there’s quite a few who will be joining you mum.” Elyssa said once they arrive at gathering spot for her mother’s umrah group.

“Yes, that’s why I am comfortable going without you. Or else I will wait another time when you will be free to accompany me.” Puan Khadijah said. Elyssa just smiles at her mother remark.

 

“Okay mum, I am sorry I couldn’t tag along. But next time please, if you’re planning to go anywhere let me know in advance…way more advance so I can arrange my schedule okay?” she replied.

 

Puan Khadijah just smiles at her daughter’s response. “It’s okay dear. No harm done.”

 

 

***

 

Seoul, South Korea.

 

“Hyung, what will you do for our holiday?” Wooyoung asked him over the phone.

“I want to go back home Woodong-ah. My flight scheduled today afternoon. I am on the way to the airport right now.” I reminded him again. I think I have told the whole group last week about my plan.

“Oh yeah, I remember you told us last week. Careful going back home hyung” he said ending our conversation.

I just arrived at the airport and I bring my luggage inside.

I was a little bit anxious, a little bit excited and a little bit nervous.

I hope nobody will know this until I am ready to come clean about it. I went to my home to see my parents and family for a while then I went back to airport, heading towards my real destination.

Thankfully father and mother not so shocked with my decision, and they are supporting enough to help me get through this. They just worried it might be too early for me to do this. For me, it’s not too early, I just can’t wait to know more about my new love, new obsession. And this, going there is the best way to learn about my new love; at least I think so. Thus, I just pray hard so that my journey this time will give me what I yearn for.

*************

 

Johor Bharu, Johor, Malaysia.

Elyssa was busy running around fulfilling her duty as a doctor, and she didn’t have time to think about the arranged marriage thing. Thankfully that day she ended her work early and managed to get back on time. She took her bath and ablution and performs Maghrib prayer. She was then do istikharah prayer, to ask guide from Allah for her marriage. Is Shamill was the one destined for her. She pray for Him to ease everything if he was her soulmate, but if not, to end this right away.

“O Allah, I know You won’t burden me with something that I can’t handle and I sure You aware that I really can’t handle heartbreak. You only give me one heart, and help me to have just one spouse in my life.” She prayed earnestly.

She was preparing for bed after Isya’ prayer when she suddenly reminded of Nichkhun. After their last conversation, he gone under radar again. Not calling or even texting.

“I wonder what has he been doing lately? Did he finished his tour well last time?” she thought to herself. She checked her phone, and there’s no news regarding mishap of 2pm member. He should be alright. Tomorrow will be the day her mother came back from Umrah. She already took day off to pick her mother up in the airport.

She fallen into deep slumber after setting alarm clock for tomorrow.

 

*******

 

KLIA, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Elyssa arrived a little bit earlier before her mother’s flight arrived, thus she went around for window shopping. She was looking at phone accessories when her phone rings. She picked it up without looking at the dialer ID.

“Hello, Assalamualaikum,” she greet the other as usual.

 

“Wa’alaikumussalam” was a simple answer from the other side.

 

For a reason Elyssa froze. She recognized the voice. But the owner of the voice wont reply her salam like that. Shouldn’t reply like that as far as she know.

 

“Elyssa, why you keep your silence?” he asked.

She was right. That’s the voice. He is the one. But why? Elyssa looked at her phone screen to double confirm. Well, she’s right. That voice is recognizable everywhere. But, what happened?

 

“Do you know what you said just now?” she asked him.

 

“Yes, you prayed for my wellbeing and I do the same. May peace be upon you too.” he said.

 

“Khun, do you know you can’t reply like that? It was a prayer between two moslem when they greet each other. I am sorry I used to use that greetings.” She said

 

This time, he’s not replying.

 

“Khun….. are you still there?” Elyssa calls him.

 

“Yup, I am still here. In fact, why don’t you turn around?” he said.

 

“Don’t tell me you are here in Kuala Lumpur?” Elyssa said and turn around.

 

She was beyond shocked with what she saw in front of her.

 

She didn’t see Nichkhun Kpop idol who can sing.

 

She didn’t see handsome angelic Nichkhun that can swayed any girl he likes.

 

But a man with deep and virtue aura standing right here smiling at her.

 

It was like there was a light emanating from his body, and he looks so peaceful. At his side was a beg that was so recognizable, Andalusia travel bag. This company so well known bring people from Malaysia for umrah. It can’t be, don’t tell me, he’s our brother now.

Elyssa keep thinking to herself she can’t move her leg to steps toward Nichkhun.

 

She was brought back to reality when she felt slaps on her shoulder. She turns around and see her mother.

 

“Mom! When do you arrived?” she asked her.

 

“Just now.” Madam Khatijah smiles sweetly. “And I have someone to introduce you to. Fateh, come here.” She called someone.

 

Who is this Fateh?” Elyssa thinks to herself.

 

“Assalamualaikum, I am Fateh. Fateh Nuruddin.” He said with an awkward smile.

 

Elyssa eyes almost popped out when she heard that.

 

“Since when?” she asked back; Unsure of what to say or what to feel. She was so perplexed with all that happened in front of her eyes.

 

He just smiles sweetly.

 

“I know him during our umrah stay. He helps my friends and I a lot while we were there. So I invite him to stay at our home for a couple of days. He is our new brother and he already performed umrah. I am so impressed. We can invite ustaz to help teach him while he’s in our home.” Madam Khatijah said.

 

“Mom, didn’t he want to go back to his hometown and see his family soon? Don’t burden him with that request mom.” Elyssa tries her best to avoid awkward moment later with the guy.

 

“It’s okay, I actually have several days for my off day and I didn’t have anything urgent to attend to. I can afford to stay here a few days before I go back to my hometown and resume my work.” He said then.

 

Madam Khatijah smiles happily hearing his answers. And they move to her car to continue their journey.

 

“Mom, isn’t Shamill enough? I thought you said what I feel is important too. Why are you doing this?” Elyssa tries to communicate with her mother through eye contact, but her mom seems not to understand. She just smiles sweetly at the passenger seat, fastening her seatbelt.

 

They proceed with their journey back to Johor in awkward silence.

 

 

*******