Chapter 6

The Ugly Duckling

Byun Baekhyun

She stood there, wide open and she had dropped the broom that she was holding in shock. I stood there, half cursing but also half snickering because the entire situation seemed so absolutely ridiculous.

I glared at Chanyeol, ran up to him and put him in a headlock, "What the hell is wrong with you?! We're not dating!"

Chanyeol just half laughed and choked.

I noticied Soobin rolling her eyes in the background. She seemed to do that a lot.

"I think I should introduce you guys," I replied, quickly straightening my sweater and jeans. "This is Jung Soobin. And these are my stupid friends."

Soobin smiled politely as she introduced herself with a curt bow.

"Hi, Park Chanyeol here," Chanyeol replied with a huge smile, showing his row of pearly whites.

"Sehun," The youngest said with a curt nod which caused me to frown slightly at his rather off-standing tone.

"Luhan," The oldest smiled softly, his eyes crinkling into the ever so familiar crow's feet.

The last of my friends walked to the front and said in one of the softest voices possible, "Hi, I'm Yixing. Nice to meet you."

The look in Soobin's eyes flickered before melding into the dark black and it seemed as if she looked the tiniest bit amused at Yixing. That thought completely disappeared when she looked towards me and said calmly, "I'm usually all for meeting new people but since I have to clean up this classroom, it would be nice if everyone," she pointedly stared at me, "left."

Yixing chuckled beside me.

Before I could stop them, Luhan offered, "We can help you."

And that is how I found myself cluthing a mop with endless pain in my lower back. I glowered at Luhan the entire time we were cleaning and I noticied that Soobin and Yixing had been exchanging smiles and laughs near the back of the room. I frowned slightly. Why isn't she that friendly with me? I was the one that first talked to her. I shook my head as I started angirly mopping the floor.

With the help of 5 boys, we were able to finish cleaning the classroom in a relatively less time that if it was just Soobin. I glanced over the clock that hung on top of the chalkboard and it read 6:30 which meant that we had been cleaning for about an hour. 

"Finally!" Chanyeol yelled as he slumped into a nearby chair, "Remind me, Baekhyun, to never help you with anything."

Soobin had collected everyone's cleaning supplies which included brooms, mops, dustpans, you get the idea and put them back in the closet. She turned around, bowed her head slightly and said, almost inaudibly, "T-thanks."

Luhan smiled casually, "No problem!" while Sehun gave her a curt nod and went back to looking out the window.

I grinned, "I know how you can pay us back."

*          *         *

To be honest, I never really saw a girl that laughed so casually, mouth wide open, when she was playing a air hockey aganist me. Usually, when I'm out on a date, the girl tries to act really feminine or cute. I actually remember this one girl -- I had taken her to a nearby coffee shop after dinner. When we were there chatting (which was hard enough as it was since it was rather hard to keep a conversation with her), she had not-so-subtlety gotten cream on both her top and bottom lip and looked at me as if I was going to act out the scene from Secret Garden. As if! I just handed her a napkin and told her she had food on her face. Obviously, she wasn't really happy and we only went on 2 more dates before I decided to call it off.

But seriously, Soobin looked so carefree when she was playing. The rather permanent scowl on her face had disappeared and was in turn replaced with a wide smile that showed the top row of her teeth. I honestly don't know why she doesn't smile more, she looked beautiful despite wearing no makeup and in her school uniform.

"Haha," She yelled in glee after she managed to make a goal, "I win!" 

I grinned in response, "You seem to be enjoying yourself."

She threw me a look as walked over to the ticket counter and got a keychain with a swan attached to it in exchange for the tickets that she won with air hockey.

"You should smile more," I told her as I walked next to her and examined the other prizes. "You would be more popular."

Soobin shooked her head, "I don't believe in smiling just for popularity." And with that she stalked off and walked over to examine Chanyeol and Yixing's intense fighting battle.

I scratched the back of my nape. Did I say something wrong? I looked over at the scene in front of me as I leaned on the counter, with Soobin telling Chanyeol what move he had to use next and Yixing laughing hysterically as Chanyeol kept pushing the wrong buttons causing Soobin to give him a light smack on the back of his head. To be honest, I don't know how easy it took her to open up to the two of them, considering her usual rather cold personality. Though, I have to admit that Chanyeol's personality was rather contagious. 

Luhan and Sehun weren't here -- they both left after cleaning the classroom stating that they had to "dance attendance" at some sort of banquet. It seems as if Luhan's father recently bought a chain of coffee shops and Luhan had to be present. Sehun had to be there as well -- after all, they were cousins.

I glanced swiftly at the time, it was 7:45 so I decided to walk over to where the three idiots were. As I arrived, Yixing had just beaten Chanyeol and was telling him to cough up money. Chanyeol huffed but handed over a 10,000 won nevertheless. Yixing just laughed as he high-fived Soobin who I noticied turned a little bit red at the contact.

"Oh no!" Soobin yelled as she stared at Chanyeol's phone who had just taken it out to text some girl back. "I can't believe its already 7:47. Damn it. I gotta go!" She bowed swiftly at the three of us before heading towards the exit, swinging her backpack over her shoulders as she did so.

"Wait!" I yelled, considering that I might be able to give her a ride, but she disappeared before I could get another word out. Something caught my eye and I walked closer to it and picked up a keychain with a swan on it.

I chuckled a bit at the irony. "Just like Cinderella."

                                                                                                                                                                                         

 

Ah, this chapter was pretty bad to write -- its also a bit longer than the rest, hoping that you guys enjoyed it? Jealous?Baekhyun is Hot!Baekhyun. Love triangle, bby~~!

Also, I made up some sort of soundtrack for the story, its really just a list of 10 or so songs that I thought fit into the story well. Tell me if you guys would like to see it!

Anyways, updates are every evening, if you guys didn't already know.

Comment and Subscribe! Bye~