Chapter 2

The Ugly Duckling

Byun Baekhyun

"I heard you got told off today by the Ugly Duckling," one of my good friends, Park Chanyeol, laughed as he came into my house. He nudged me rather hard, causing me to almost trip over my shoes. 

I rasied an eyebrow as I watched him hop from one foot to the other before he took of his shoes to enter my house, "Oh? Where did you heard that from?"

"Dude, its all over school!" Chanyeol replied happily, "I think I heard it from Kyungsoo, who said he heard it from Sehun who heard it from Miyoung who hea--"

"I think I get the point," I interrupted as I followed Chanyeol into the kitchen. "What are you doing here?"

"What?" Chanyeol replied with a lopsided smile as he opened the refrigerator and grabbed a beer, "Can't a friend come and visit for no reason?"

I rolled my eyes as he started drinking, "You don't come here for no reason. You either come here when you want to get drunk or when you want cash."

Chanyeol laughed his loud horse laugh, "It's because your apartment is so big. Baekhyun, stop being such a ! Anyway, I was just curious on why you decided to help Ugly Ducking out. Everyone wants the insider's scoop on why you, the ideal Prince Charming, decided to extend his hand to one of the seven dwarfs instead of the ever so beautiful Snow White." He took another swig from the beer bottle.

I rolled my eyes another time, at this point, I started to lose count, "Because unlike you, Park Chanyeol, I am not nice to a girl just to get into her pants."

Chanyeol shrugged, "You never seem to show interest in her before. What's with the sudden change of heart?"

"Maybe I'm just trying to be nice?" I mirrored his shrug and went out of the kitchen and plopped myself down on my couch. When I was replaying the scene that happened today in my head, I remembered something that I had yelled at her. Don't you think that I see you by yourself a lot already? Idiot! Why did you have to go running your mouth on how much you stare at her? I groaned in frustration. No wonder she ran away, it was probably due to the fact that she thought I was some crazed stalker! Great. Perfectly wonderful. Can't wait for those "Byun Baekhyun is a stalker" rumors to circulate around Seoul High.

Chanyeol was munching on a bag of chips when he entered into my living room , plopped down on my couch and my TV. I glared at him, hoping that he'll capture the dislike I had for him at that current moment. "Nah, Baekhyun, that's not really like you. You used to party a lot, I remember, ever since Yoobi. Now, that I think about, don't you think Yoobi and Soobin kind of look alike? Well, if Yoobi had messier hair and didn't wear makeup and dressed poorly..."

I let him drone on for I wasn't really listening until he had mentioned Yoobi. I wasn't going to deny any of Chanyeol's claims -- they were grounded in truth perhaps.

"Hey, hey" I saw two fingers snap in front of me and turned uickly to Chanyeol who asked, "Wanna go over to Luhan's? He said he was having a party since his parents are in China. There are probably going to be cute girls there."

I shrugged, I didn't really have the intention to go out and party. I didn't particularly like drinking either. I had the occassional beer if I had a bad day at school, but I didn't really like drinking for no particular reason, especially after the incident. "Maybe," I replied. "I don't know. I have a lot of homework."

Chanyeol snorted in response, "Since when did the great Casanova Byun Baekhyun care about his grades over women? This is quite a shocker."

I threw a couch pillow in his face in retaliation. "Get out of my house! Go and make out with some chick at Luhan's house!"

"Gladly," Chanyeol howled with laughter and ran over to my kitchen, grabbed another beer, put on his shoes and left before I could throw another pillow at him.

I sighed and sunk back into the couch. Chanyeol did put up a good point. Why was I so adament about helping Soobin when I never showed interest in her previously? Was it because Soobin did actually look a lot like Yoobi? 

I groaned in frustation again before closing my eyes and drifted off to the clouds that you couldn't see anymore in the sky of Seoul.

 

                                                                                                                                                                  

 

An introduction into the life of Byun Baekhyun, more will be revealed soon :)

Also, comments and subscriptions motivate me and make me happy :P