Chapter 4

in your arms

School day seemed so endless. The classes, lunch time, breaks... everything was getting in slow motion. Finally, the bell rang and the school day was over. 

Both Lay and Kai were heading to Kai's house. "Ohh gosh, Lay-hyung, what do we do?" Kai asked, a little bit tired from all the hard walk.They are both heading to Kai's house. "We can drink some water, it should be already over, I mean, the walk. Your house is pretty close to the school. Wow, you are such a lazy" Lay laughed at him.

"Oh, r-right....." Kai seemed to be in thoughts, serious thoughts. Luhan- that was the only thing on his mind.

They both laughed. Kai felt a little bit better because of Lay, his best friend and his favorite  hyung, who always made him feel better. After a few minutes he started sinking again in deep thoughts. "What's wrong? You seem to be a little confused " Lay started another fail-like talk. "Am I? " Kai asked, looking away. 

"Do you wanna..?" Lay started to ask him something,  but Kai cut him off - "No..I don't wanna build a snow man" Kai said, blinking " Stop talking weird things hyung! " 

"If you just let me finish my sentence you could understand that I wanted to ask you if you want to talk about what you are going through... -_-".

"Oh, hyung....  would you.... listen? It's pretty complicated " Kai hesitated. Lay nodded in agreement,  "Of course. You can tell me everything. You know that I'm always here for you and you can trust me" Lay tried to comfort him. "Thanks hyung " he sighed and didn't knew from where he should start.

"Wait. Is it about Luhan- hyung? " . Lay's question surprised Kai. 

"How did you... know?" Kai gulped , looking away. After all, it's his secret. "How did he know? Was I being too obvious? "

"I'm a healing unicorn duhh" Lay laughed "you guys always think that I'm stupid, but I'm not"

"Remember what I told you earlier ? So now I really mean it- you're talking nonsense " Kai . "Anyway, How did you find out that Luhan is the reason for what I'm going through? " .

Lay became serious " Well it's obvious that you start to feel something for him.. you can't see it, but I can. The way you look at him everytime, all the glances... you really look like Chanyeol when he looks at Baek "Lay stopped for a minute to observe Kai's reaction. when he saw Kai's expression he understood that he was right so he continued " Tell me, what do you feel when you look at Luhan?,  what do you feel when you see him?is he the only thing that you are thinking about all the day, even in your dreams?".

Kai was frozen. "How do you know that? How do you know what I feel?what I dream? What I think? I don't even really know all the answers " he thought to himself and suddenly asked Lay if he (Kai) is sick. Lay burst in laugh " Why do you think you are sick? I think you just started to open yourself and fell for Luhan hyung " 

" Wait a minute.. did you just said that... I.. fell in love? I don't even know what it means. And another thing - I can't fell in love with someone that is not handsome and rich. You know that..."

"Yeah, yeah, Yeah... the whole world knows about your stupid rules.  But it really looks different this time. I think you should give him a chance. He is really cute, smart and talented "

"I know all of this, but it's wrong. Even my mind tells me that I should stay away from him.. but he still makes me crazy. I can't take it anymore hyung ". Lay came closer to him and hugged him " it's okay, stop denial your feelings. You should know that whenever it comes to Love, you should use your heart and not your brain. Don't be so stubborn and go with your feelings, let them lead you. " 

Kai really couldn't take it anymore, he felt like he was going crazy. He started to cry on Lay's shoulder "but what if I'll get hurt? What if he will get hurt?"Lay tried to explain him that this is the beautiful thing about love " you can get hurt and even hurt the one you love,even if you didn't mean that, but the feeling of loving someone, the need to protect him and take care of him, all the new feelings.... it's really exiting.  Don't try to fight against your heart because you'll regret this later".

"Huyng,  have you ever loved someone?" Kai asked him and Lay told him that he never felt like this, he never fell in love before. 

"So How do you know all of this?" Kai was in shock and Lay started to laugh" I told you I'm a healing unicorn. I know everything".

They both started to laugh. They played a little, ate dinner and then went to sleep. Kai snuggled with Lay (Yeah.. it was really bad habit...  snuggling with people. But it was his best friend so he didn't care). "Thanks hyung.  For Everyting" he whispered and saw Lay's  smile. 

In the morning they woke up, ate breakfast and got prepared for school. Suddenly,  the door's bell rang. Kai opened the door and wasn't surprised to see all his friends, but he was surprised when Suho started to dance like crazy to the song " Barbie girl".

"OMFG...  I didn't expect to see this in the morning.. oh my eyes..." Kai closed his eyes, terrified from what he had just saw.

"We told him not to do this and instead,  we should dance apink - no no no" Chanyeol said and everyone agreed.

"You guys are such party killers!! Fine... let's go now"

 All the way they laughed about Suho's dance. " Can you believe that he even wanted to wear a dress?" Chanyeol laughed. "What? I just wanted to help my friend and made him feel better... unlike you guys." He tried to protest but failed. Kai really felt better and he felt so lucky to have friends like them. They entered the class and went to their sits. The class begun and Kai tried to listen to their teacher. The 2 hours of history class didn't seemed so terrible for Kai today. When the bell rang and lunch time came,  Kai and his friends went to the cafeteria and sat in their usual places. They talked about what they just learned in history and then Chanyeol starts to tell jokes and everyone laughed. "Wow. I really missed this. All of us sitting together at the cafeteria, eating lunch and having fun" He said and stared at Kai. "I'm really sorry for making you worry guys" Kai apologized for the 100th time.

"Hey, are you ready for art classes that we'll have next week?" Lay asked him, and Kai nodded "Yeah, I can't wait to start. I'm so happy that you took this class with me hyung. You're the only talented hyung here" He teased the rest. "Excuse me, but I'm also  talented, It's not that simple to put the eyeliner like I do" Baekhyun said and everyone laughed.  Suddenly, Lay whispered something in Kai's ear,  and both of them stood up. "Where are you going?" Suho  asked

and Lay said that he have to go somewhere and he needs Kai to help him with something. 

They walked back to the class and made sure that no one can hear them.

 "Do you really mean it? How did you find out that he goes there every weekend?  Are you a stoker or something?" Kai seemed a little confused."Well, last week I went to visit my friend at his work. When I entered the Cafe, I saw many photos of costumers on the right wall. When I came closer I found a photo of him. While me and my friend were talking, I asked him if he knows Luhan hyung and he told me that Luhan came there every weekend. "

"How this fact can help me? I don't even know where he is..." Kai sighed. Lay smiled, "You can work there. My friend told me that they need employees. I told him that you'll come tomorrow after school." Kai wanted to say something,  but he decided to give it a chance and said "Fine..".

Lay laughed and told him what the work at that cafe requires. Kai wrote everything and tried his best the next day, when  Lay's friend taught him everyting about the work.

" So.. you think you can handle this"? He asked kindly and Kai nodded.  " Okay. great. so you'll start this Thursday" . 

Kai left the cafe and called Lay. " Hyung,  I got the job! ill start this Thursday! " Kai sounded enthusiastic. Lay told him that he is really happy to hear that. " I have a feeling that something good will happen to you" . Kai didn't understand why Lay thought that. 

 

Thursday came and Kai started his first day as a waiter. He found out that it was really nice and not that hard ( but not that easy too). No one could bother him in the cafe, and not everyone could enter to this cafe (unless you are rich because it was really expensive there). 

Suddenly,  Kai noticed the wall with all the photos of the costumers and looked for Luhan's.  When he found it he realized something     " This place is for rich poeple... how does Luhan come here? It's obvious that he is not rich. From where he's got money to sit here and buy things? Is he a drug - diller or something?" Kai tried no to think about it too much and focus on his work. When he finished his work he changed back to his school uniform, and put his work uniform in his locker. He took his bag and say goodbye to everyone. 

Kai never believed that things like "fate" and "destiny" really exist. But he didn't know what was waiting for him. The moment he went out  of the cafe, someone walked beside him and entered to the cafe. Kai was forzen " Is...it him? ". He tried to think rationally " It can't be him. he is not here anyway. I guess that I think about him too much so I'm starting to imagine that I'm seeing him". 

 

The next morning Kai came to school and talked with Lay before class. Lay asked him how was his first day at work and Kai told him that it was pretty good. Then, he became serious. "Hyung, this cafe is expensive right?" . Lay nodded . "And only rich people can sit there and buy things, right?" . Once again, the older boy nodded and ask " What is your point? Did something happened yesterday? "

 Kai sighed " I saw the picture of Luhan on that wall, and when you think about it- Isn't that weird? how he can sit there and buy things? He isn't rich and he lives in a small house. Do you think that he is a drug - diller or a gangster? I know that it doesn't sound real, but I really can't think about other options..." 

" I'm sure he is not a gangster or a drug - diller.  I think that maybe he is working hard during the week so that way he could sit at this expensive place" Lay tried to sound more realistic.  Kai calmed down a little bit and then he smiled again " Hyung I'm so happy. today is our first art class" . Lay told him that he is also so exited. 

They kept talking antil the teacher came in and the class started . In the middle of the second class the door was opened and some one came in. He bowed to the teacher and apologized for being late. 

Kai's heart started beating fast. He recognized the sweet and soft voice. "Luhan. It's really him. He... finally came back" . 

When Luhan went to his sit, Kai noticed that he look different. He looked tired and he was a little bit pale. He noticed that Luhan put his head on the desk and fell asleep. " What happened to him? He looks so bad and he never falls asleep in class" Kai started to worry. When the bell finally rang, Kai made sure that everyone went out from the class and then he went to Luhan. "A-are you okay?" Kai's hand touched Luhan's shoulder. Luhan opened his eyes and looked at Kai. "I'm fine, just a little bit tired" Luhan said and forced himself to smile " it's lunch time now. I think you should go to the cafeteria and be with your friends". Kai didn't say a word and left. He saw that Luhan really needed to sleep since he looked like a ghost. He went to the cafeteria.  "Hey Jongin - ah look at this-" Chanyeol giggled and pointed at his upper lip " it's a ketchup mustache". Everyone laughed. " You are so stupid... Baeki I'm so sorry for you. how can you even handle with that stupid little troll? "

" l got used to it" Baekhyun smiled.  " Hey guys are you busy tomorrow? since its weekend I really want to do something together. Let's go to the beach " Chanyeol suggested and everyone agreed except Kai. " I can't come tomorrow I'm working".

"Wow. I never thought that I'll hear the words "Jongin" and "work" in the same sentence" Suho, and everyone else was surprised.  "Why you are so mean to him? he just started his first job and I think it's really good for him." Lay laughed and Kai smiled . " At first,  I also thought that work is not for me, but I found out that it's really nice and it's not that easy but not so hard either. I never thought that one day I'll find myself working as a waiter in a coffee house. but before you'll misunderstood- it's a coffee house for rich people only. Lay helped me to get this job "

"Our little Jongin becomes a man. I think I'm going to cry" Baekhyun and asked him whem they can come visit him at work but Kai refused " No. you can't come, don't come,  never! I don't want you to come and interrupt me while I'm working. Do you remember what happens when you come to my performances?" No one said a word since he was right. The problem with them is that whenever they came to see Kai's performance,  they embarrassed him . They changed the subject and started to talk about everything that happened to them during the week. 

After the bell rang, everyone returned to class, put their uniform for gym class and came to the gym. Even Luhan came, and he looked better now.  The coach wasn't there. "I wonder if something happened to him... he never late for class" Lay said. The other students also started to wonder if something bad happened to the coach. After ten minutes the coach came in "Sorry for being late. ihl had to bring our new student here. Come in and introduce yourself" He shouted and everyone started to whispered " New student?  Who is he? Do you think he is hot?....". All the whispers stopped at the moment when a tall man came in.

"Hello, my name is Wu yi fan, but you can call me Kris"

 

 

 

A/N: I'm so sorry that I didn't update lately because I didn't have much time. I was sooo busy; ;;;

Anyway,  I wrote this chapter in two days!!  I've got some help from my friend. She is so talented and she really helped me a lot. ~ so she will be also the author of this fic ♥♥♥~

I really hope that you will like this and I hope that I'll continue soon :)