chapter 3

in your arms

Kai looked at the cookie that was layed on his table. Carefully, he took it and start to examine it. 
"It looks good, smells good," then he took one bit and "OMG! I feel like I'm in heaven right know" He really enjoyed eatimg the cookie. Suddenly, he took his notebook out and looked for the list he made about Luhan and wrote another thing: 

5. He ate really tasty cookies *-*

He closed his notebook and put it back in his bag.

" Now I can finally...." but before he finished his sentence the bell rang . " Ohh great! you stupid world!! Why I can't sleep for ing five minutes here?" . Everyone entered to the class and took their uniform for gym class. In gym class, all the girls and the boys with long hair had to collect their hair into ponytail. 

" Hey Baeki, is it suite me? The ponytail? " Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded. "Do I look pretty like this?" He asked Chanyeol and they both laughed. Kai was looking for something. Well,  actually for someone. (You are right! he was looking for Luhan. He really wanted to know how does he look with a ponytail ). Finally he found him. Luhan was sitting in the corner  and Wow!  He looked so adorable with that little ponytail.

"Ya! Kim Jongin.  Stop thinking about things like this. He means nothing for you! Don't get involved with him" his mind was told him, but his heart refused to listen. His heart made him to be more and more curious about the little angle. 

" Get your princess right here and start act like a real men!" the coach said and everyone gathered around him. "Today, we are playing soccer" he continued and everyone's got really exited. 

 They split into two groups and started to play. During the whole game, Kai watched at Luhan,  and be saw how the little angle, the quite kid, became to a wild and free teenager.  He couldn't recognize Luhan on the filed because he never saw him like this. Just yesterday he learnt about Luhan - the quite, cute and singer kid, but today he saw the free, wild and y Luhan. 

"Okay, you really have to stop it. Don't you dare to say anything else about him. You really should find something else to think "

After gym class, all the students went to the showers. 

Kai had a really good luck but he never appreciate it and saw the good things that were waiting for him.

The only shower that wasn't taken and was near his friends was the shower next to Luhan. "Oh god. Why?? " .He tried to get away from the shower but Suho catched his arm and dragged him to the shower." Do you want to go home with all this sweat? Come on! It's been a long time since we all took a good shower here (yes- one week is a lot.don't you dare to judge your hyung! )." Suho grinned. 

"Umm.... I..." Kai didn't know What to say and Suho smiled at him and said "you've got 2 minutes to take off your clothes and came to the shower or else me and the guys will come and we'll take them off for you"

"Aish! fine!!!" 

Kai quickly took off his clothes and came to the showers. 

"Okay I can do this!! " he tried to convince himself. He went to the empty shower next to Luhan and Suho. "See? It's not that bad right?". Suho didn't know how bad it was. Not for him of course,  but for Kai. His heart started to beat really fast and Kai felt like his chest is about to explode. " You can do this. It's nothing. He is nothing for you!" He thought to himself, but the curiosity killed him.  "Don't you dare Jongin!  Don't you dare to look at his  bare body!"

However, Kai couldn't listen to his mind anymore.  He peeked over his shoulder and saw a really strong (and wet) back,  and a brown and wild hair. Kai bite his lower lip and he felt how his cheeks turned to red. "Okay now seriously you have to stop if you want to stay alive!!  No matter What never look down". 

Kai finished as fast as he could and then he put his uniform and went to the front gate of the school.

Fortunately, his friends left school quickly so they couldn't find out about him and Luhan,  and they couldn't ask any question about Kai's weird behavior. 

 

"Where is he?" Kai was wondering to himself after he looked at his watch and saw that he was waiting for Luhan over 20 minutes.  "Did something happy him? should I go and look for him?".

Suddenly, Luhan came." Sorry it took me so long.  I just wanted to make sure that no one will see us" Luhan apologized and smiled at him. Kai couldn't resist and smiled at him back. "Let's go to my place" Luhan said and Kai followed him. They didn't talk much all the way. " I live in this house" Luhan said. Suddenly, someone came out.  "Long time No see my dear friend" he said. He was very tall and looked so cool.  "Wu fan" Luhan said and Kai saw that Luhan's eyes were so cold and his expression and voice were so different from What Kai knew.

They started to talk in Chinese and Kai didn't understand a word, but he looked at Luhan all the time.

-Kris and Luhan conversation -

Kris: This is what you wanted to tell to your friend after 3 years? 

Luhan: So now we are friends? What are you doing here?

Kris: You left us- your family and friends, for guys like him? You don't care about us huh? You didn't even say goodbye when you left.

Luhan: You know why I left. I don't want that people will now about me and my family, I want a normal life like regular teenagers.  I don't want my father's business and I don't want my father's money. I just wanted to start a new page in my life and meet new people...

Kris:  And you do.. but we could help you go through all the problems and support you. But you decided to leave.

 Luhan: think What you want. And just to remind you- you never answered my calls.

(Kris didn't say a word)

Luhan: You didn't answer my question- What are you doing here?

Kris: everyone was so busy so they sent me here. Your father is sick and they want you to be there and take care of the business. 

Luhan:  I told them that I'll never come back and I don't want to do anything that is related to the business. 

Kris: Ya!! How can you say that?he is your father and he need you right now! I'll tell you this once- you've got 24 hours to get your things and come back with me.

Luhan: I already told... 

Kris: I don't care. They sent me here time get you and that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

- End of their conversation -

Kris left and Luhan stood there. Kai came closer and carefully touched his arm. " Are you okay? ". Luhan turned to him and smile " Yeah I'm fine, don't worry about me. Let's get in"  

 

Kai followed him and they entered to the house. It was smaller than Kai's house of course, but it looked so organize and clean. " you can put your bag in the living room. We will sit there. " Luhan said and went to the kitchen to bring some snacks and something to drink. Kai noticed that Luhan put his phone on the table. " Since he is going to be my private teacher,  I should take his number and give him mine" he thought to himself. Then, he took Luhan's phone, dialed his number in Luhan's phone and save the number (in both phones). Then, he started to observe all the house and many thoughts were running in his head: "He is so organize " , " Even thought his house is smaller than mine, it makes me feel more comfortable, and it so warm" , " It smells like a real house ". Luhan came and cut his thoughts. Kai saw that he brought cookies, just like the cookie he gave him at school. "I guess he really love those cookies" Kai thought. 

" Eat some ^^. I hope you'll love it. It's a new recipe that I tried".

 

Kai hesitate at first, but then he took one cookie and ate it. "It's really good! " Kai didn't know how to describe his feelings right now. He felt like he was in heaven, but he tried to maintain his Cool image. 

" I'm glad that you love it" Luhan smiled ,but Kai could tell that something is wrong.

They started to learn math and Kai listened carefully. He wrote in his notebook for the first time and he looked like a real student. He asked Luhan questions and they solved problems together. 

During all this time Kai noticed that Luhan was there but he also wasn't.  Luhan was with him but his mind doesn't.

"Hey, are you sure that you're okay? Do you want to talk about it?" 

Ligaments refused politely " I'm sorry about What just happened earlier. You don't have to worry about me" Luhan tried to fake a smile but failed.

" Okay, you know what? Let's take a little break. We finished all the homeworks " Kai changed the subject " Let's play basketball".

"Sounds good. but I'm warning you - I'm really good player" Luhan .

"We will see" Kai accepted Luhan's challenge. They went out to the back yard and started to play. after few games, Kai saw that Luhan didn't lie about his basketball skills. They kept playing until evening.

"I think I should go now. It's getting late". Laid didn't want to leave but he didn't want to bother Luhan.  They entered to the house and Luhan told Kai to wait. After few minutes he came back with a little hard full of cookies. " I saw that you really liked my cookies, and you also made me feel better and have fun so I really wanted to thank you". Kai smiled at him " I'm really happy that you feel better now and I should say thank you for your help and for the cookies" . Kai felt how his cheeks turned red. "Anytime" Luhan said and Kai was so happy to hear that. Before he left, he say goodbye one more time and saw the little angel's smile for the last time.

He went home, wore his pajamas and laid on his bed. He looked at the jar with the cookies and then looked at Luhan's number. He decided to send him a message: " thanks for everything. Good night". After a fee minutes he got a message . " who are you? "

"Damn! How could I forget to write my name???" Kai whined. 

Quickly, he sent another message: "It's me-God. No I'm just kidding. it's your lovely dongsaeng- Jongin". 

" Ohh okay hahaha.  Your welcome ^^ I'll make it up for you next time. Good night Jongin-ssi" .

Kai stared at the second sentence "so there will be another time!!". He took one of the pillows, hugged it and rolled in the bed. "! I have to stop this girly behavior right now O_O ". Then, he took his notebook and rewrite the last thing he wrote: 

 

5. He made heavenly cookies *-*

 

He  put the notebook in his bag and closed his eyes and tried to sleep. He dreamt again about him and Luhan. In his dream, Kai entered to a huge maze. He tried to find his way out but it was more difficult than what it looks. He gave up so quickly and he just sit there " ... I'm trapped,  I'm trapped..  Ohh great. Why am I singing this song right now??"  Suddenly,  he felt someone's hand touch his shoulder. He saw that it was Luhan.  "Hyung " Kai looked at him and smile. Luhan helped him to get up and they both started to find the way out. The feeling of going with Luhan, the warmth of Luhan's hand, made Kai feel protected.  They didn't talk all the way. They found together the exit.  "Wow! How did you do it? you found it so fast" . The only reaction he got from him was his beautiful smile. Ligaments let go of Kai's hand and Kai looked confused. He took Luhan's hand again "come with me" he begged. Gently, Luhan took Kai's hand and put it down. Kai was standing in front of him and looked at him, when suddenly a big wall came and separate them. Kai woke up and found out that it was morning. "It was just a dream" . He got a good shower before he went to school. He met his friends at class right before the bell rang. He went to his sit and looked at Luhan's sit. It was empty!  " Hmmm, he never missed class..." Kai was thinking to himself. After a week that Luhan didn't came to school, Kai started to worry. "Did something happen to him?". He sent him a message. He was waiting for an answer the Whole day. He sent a message to Luhan but there was no answer. After 4172527272 messages, he tried to call Luhan but again, there was no answer. He decided to go to his house but there was no answer there. "Where could he be?"

With every day that passed and Kai didn't talk with Luhan, he felt really bad. For 3 weeks he was depressed. He didn't eat, sleep or talked with anyone, and he couldn't talk about his feelings with his friends. Of course, they were worried about him and they tried to convince him to talk about it, but he didn't want to.

 

One day, Kai decided that he have to talk with someone. He decided to talk with Lay. " Hyung, do you want to come to my house after school?". Lay understood that he wants to talk about what he is going through. " I'll sleep with you tonight " Lay said with a smile and Kai smiled to him. He knew that he can trust Lay and Lay understood him better than the others, since they were together many years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I got some of the ideas here from my friends XDD

Kai and Lay's friendship was longer than the relationship Kai had with the others, that's why he decided to talk with him and not with someone else.

Poor Kai ;_____; stop denial and confess you love to Luhan <3

.

.

Hope you liked the chapter ;)