Captured

Shadows

Key's lips hovered over Sohee's dangerously.  Her shoulders dug into the wall under his tight grip.  Her gun-injury screamed with pain.  He stared into her eyes with a look of greed, staring right into her soul.  She glared back.

His lips brushed in front of her soft ones, teasing her.  She could feel her arms stiffen as his tongue passed over.

"Aw, you're no fun," he murmured as he bit her lip.  

Sohee had enough of this.  She kneed his stomach, grabbed his shoulders, and shoved his head into the wall, knocking him out.  She looked at him with disgust.  A large bruise started to form on his forehead, his lips were smeared with her red lipstick.

"Sohee," she heard her sister whimper.  

She turned and grabbed her hand.  "You okay?"

Iris hesitantly nodded.  

"Let's run."

--

"Sohee!  Iris!" Sehun nearly shouted as they came barging into the ballroom.  He ran over to them, forgetting completely about his cover.

"Sehun," Sohee whispered, her voice sounded grave.  "We have to go now."

Her tall brother glanced across the room, meeting glances with all the other members.  They all nodded and proceeded towards the door.  He turned back to his two sisters.  "Let's go," he said as he grabbed both their hands.

They were about to step out of the room when they heard a sharp cry.  Sohee looked back to see Hana's bodyguards gripping Baekhyun's shoulders.  The poor boy struggled, but nothing could be done to escape.

"Baekhyun," Sohee breathed.  Anger boiled in her as they beat him badly.  

"Sohee!" Suho shouted and grabbed her hand.  "Come on!"

She slipped her hand out of her leader's and found herself running towards Baekhyun.  Her heart skipped a beat as they dragged him outside onto the deck.  She banged her shoulder into the door and pushed it open, wincing ever so slightly.  

"Sohee, run!" Baekhyun screamed as the two men punched his stomach.  He glared at them and spat blood in their faces.

Sohee slipped her hand down her leg and pulled her gun out.  She pointed the barrel at their heads.  "Freeze!"

The men faced her with evil grins plastered on their faces.  "Stupid girl."

A hand wrapped around her neck.  She remembered screaming as pain shot through her body.  The figure spun her around and held her up against the railing.  She looked up to see Key, with lipstick still smeared on his face.  She glared intensely until she finally passed out.  

The last thing she heard was Baekhyun's voice.

Then she surrendered to the black void.

--

"Is she here yet?" Tao asked Suho.  

"What does it look like?" the leader snapped.  He sighed.  "Sorry, Tao, but no."

Kris spoke up.  "Suho, we can't wait much longer for them."

"No!" Sehun begged.  Iris clung to his arm.

"I'm sorry, Sehun," Suho sighed and pressed his foot on the pedal, driving fast and away from the ship.

--

"Sohee," she heard a voice say in her ear.  "Sohee."

She opened her eyes, her vision blurred slightly.  They finally focused on the face above her.  It was Baekhyun.

His hair was messy and clumped.  His eyes were filled with pain.  

"Baek," she coughed.

Her partner wrapped his arms around her, sobbing softly.  "I thought you were dead!"

"I feel like I'm dead," she croaked.

He pulled back.  Anger filled his eyes.  "When he comes back, I'm gonna kill him."

"Baek, don't waste your energy on an idiot like him," she reasoned.  "It's a waste of time."

"An idiot, huh?" a voice said.  Baekhyun and Sohee turned to see Key snickering in the shadows outside of the gate that surrounded them.  The boy walked over and sat down in front of the gate facing them.  "Is that how you treat a close friend?"

"What are you doing with them, Key?" Sohee glared.  "I thought you were smart."

"I am," the boy said.  "They offered to pay off my debts.  How could I say 'no'?"

Sohee winced.  She remembered every single day during their training period, Key would always be yelling at someone over the phone for some stupid reason about money.  It eventually cost his parents' lives.  He was clearly broken.

"So that gives you the right to choke me to death?" she said as she rubbed her sore neck.

"It's my job now, Heather," he said.

"Don't call me that," she glared.  "You're so stupid, Key, and you always will be.  Come over here, you coward, so I can knock some sense into you."  She held her fist up threateningly.

"I'd rather not," Key clucked his tongue.  "I worked very hard to get my face to look like this, and I don't need a dirty orphan to ruin it for me."

Sohee winced at the word.  "Don't call me an orphan, Key, no matter how true it is," she spat.

"No one wanted you," he said.  "I can see why."

The poor girl could only tremble with annoyance.  She wanted to desperately forget about her past.  Her past meant nothing to her.  She wanted to focus on the present and future.  No matter what she thought, she knew it was true.  Her birth parents had to give her up, because they couldn't even take care of themselves.  Key couldn't really say that no one wanted her.  She knew they loved her enough to give her a chance to live and make a difference.

"That's enough of your foolishness, Key," Baekhyun growled protectively.

Key lifted his finger into the air.  "That's the thing, though, Baekhyun.  You agree with me."

"How?" Baekhyun deadpanned.  "Name a reason."

Key only shrugged and got up.  The boy stared into his eyes.  "You know plenty."  He turned and stalked to the door.  Before he could walk out, he turned and snickered.  "I'm gonna have fun torturing you two."