Operation Relocation

Shadows

Sohee sighed deeply as she hastily packed her things into a small bag.  She didn't have much, only her uniform and a couple outfits.  Her fingers shook with adrenaline as she finally zipped it shut.  Her amber eyes glanced tiredly at her arm.  She pulled the skin-tight sleeve of her uniform back to reveal small but deep cuts in her arm.  She winced as she pulled sharp bits of glass out of her flesh, biting her lip to hold back a groan.

"Sohee, we're ready-," Baekhyun poked his head into her room.  Seeing her look of pain, he dashed over and examined her arm with worry-filled eyes.  "W-what happened?"

Her lips smiled a soft, small smile.  "It's okay.  It's only the glass that shattered in the car."

He looked at her questioningly.  "Heather Bae.  Your arm is bleeding waterfalls of blood, and all you can say is 'it's okay'?"

She yanked her arm away from his grasp.  "Honestly, Baek, I'm fine."

Being the stubborn boy he was, he grabbed her hand and led her out of her room and down the hallway to the bathroom.  He sat her down on the counter and rummaged through the cabinets.  His eyes lit as he reached for wipes and a box of bandages.  His slender fingers carefully pulled the wipe out of the package.

"This may hurt a bit," he warned.

As he gingerly rubbed the wipe across her skin, she felt a sense of relief and numbness.  He tossed the wipe into the waste basket and started wrapping her thin arm.  With every time he brought the bandage around her arm, more and more blood seeped through, turning the beige bandage into a crimson red.  He bit his lip with concentration as he wrapped her arm with a second bandage.  He tied it off and gently pulled her sleeve over it.

"Thanks, Baek," she stared into her eyes with a look of genuine thanks.

--

"Where are we going?" Sohee asked the boys curiously as she and Baekhyun emerged out of the bathroom.

Suho wore a look of extreme panic and worry.  "Well, we were thinking of going to Baekhyun's grandmother's house..."

"Hey, leave my grandmother out of this!" Baekhyun objected.

Suho threw his hands up innocently.  "It's in the country, though!  No one will be able to find us there."

Sohee glanced up at Suho.  "Suho, stop being so ridiculous.  It's true; we'll be safe there, but it's just one more person we need to protect," she sighed and looked at Baekhyun.  "No offense."

"None taken."

"Okay, seriously, guys," Kris strut into the room, looking grumpy as usual.  "We need to decide quick and get out of here fast."

Sohee's brow furrowed with thought.  "Where could we possibly go..." she thought.  Their headquarters was completely abandoned, let alone the fact that it was burned down and destroyed.  Sohee's parents would hate having to house boys like EXO.  Not that they weren't clean, because D.O. made sure of that, but it was just plain uncomfortable.  Her sister's house was probably under strict guard.  Her own apartment at the edge of the city was too small.

"Couldn't we just camp out in the mountains or something?" Tao asked as he sat on the couch, his lollipop.

Kris smacked his head.  "Are you kidding me, panda?  You'd be the first person to complain!" he shouted.  His low voice cracked to imitate the younger's higher pitched voice.  "'Ah, it's a spider!  Someone save me from this madness!  I hate all the bugs!  Why did we have to come here?  WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS?!'"

"Ah, shut up," Tao scowled.  "It was just a thought."

"Kris, this isn't helping," Sohee rolled her eyes.  She grabbed her bag and swung it over her shoulder.  "Let's go.  We'll decide on the way."

The rest of them glanced at each other and nodded.  They trailed out the door and down the empty street.

--

"They left?" Hana hissed with annoyance.

One of her masked companions sulked.  The other one, taller, nodded.

She smacked their heads and screeched with annoyance.  "Ugh, I don't know why I was paired with you two!"

The taller rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.  "Well, they're on the streets right now."

"I never asked," she glared.  "But thank you."

--

Sohee's arm began to ache badly under the weight of her tiny bag.  She shook her head, trying to convince herself she was okay, but the pain kept throbbing, sending a rhythmic pulse throughout her body.  It reached her feet, and they too started to throb.  She bit her lower lip with frustration.

"You okay?" Baekhyun looked at her.

She nodded, not saying a word.  He nodded back and kept his eyes on the ground, watching his feet step in front of each other.

"Sohee," Sehun panted as he caught up to them.  "Don't we have that place that Mom's friend gave to us?  You know, that 'castle'?"

Her eyes widened with realization.  She smacked herself.  "Of course!" she yelped happily and hugged her brother's tall figure.  "You're a genius, Sehunnie!"

--

"Whoa," Tao breathed.  "What the heck is this place?"

"It sure is bigger than I remembered," Sehun gaped.

"Yeah," Sohee murmured.

They stood in front of what could possibly be the biggest mansion on the planet.  Its walls were built from the ground up with giant slabs of grey stone, making it look like a castle.  It towered over them with vines of flowers encasing the walls.  The front door was a giant piece of polished wood that stood behind the tiny wire gate.

Sohee's fingers touched the cold railing as she cautiously stepped through the gate.  She took tentative steps down the narrow path leading to the door.  Using her shoulder, she pushed it open.  The house was completely dark.

She turned her head back to EXO.  "Come on, guys."

Baekhyun's lips pursed slightly for a moment.  He walked forward with the others trailing behind him.

--

"I call this room!" Tao squealed as he flung his muscular body onto the tall bunk in the first room on the second floor.

"Hey!" Kris yelled and threw the panda-boy out.  "Didn't you see my bag here?"  He pointed angrily at the bag on the chair holding the door open.

Tao stuck his tongue out.  "That's my bag, stupid!  Can't you see the Gucci logo?"

Kris' cheeks turned pink.  He turned his head to see that the young panda-boy was right.  He stalked out of the room.  "You and your Gucci," he muttered under his breath.