Party Time

Shadows

After lunch, Sohee found herself training in the courtyard in spite of the pain in her arm.  Her mind was flooded with thoughts.  Before she knew it, her mind had a sudden flashback.

     "Stop it, Hana."

     "Think you're tough?" Hana spat with hate Sohee's face.  "Hit me."

     Sohee trembled internally, but refused to let the girl see her fear.  "We wouldn't want to see blood dripping in waterfalls down your nose, would we?"  She pushed her chair back and got up.  Her legs started to shake as she started to walk out the door.

     "Come back here, you worthless piece of-!" Hana screeched.  Sohee kept her head down and kept walking.  Desperate, Hana's hands d on the table until they found a sharp steak knife.  Grinning with pleasure, she drew her arm back and flicked her wrist.  She watched with hungry eyes as the sharp knife went sailing through the air towards the back of Sohee's head.  

     Sohee could hear the air split with the sound of metal.  Reacting, she swerved her body to the side and watched with wide eyes as the knife brushed lightly against her cheek and went digging into the wall in front of her.  She could feel a warm drop of blood trail down her cheek to her chin.  Anger started to swell within her.  She turned around and glared at Hana.

     "You think killing me is going to solve your problems?" Sohee deadpanned.  "I don't think so."

     Hana hissed with annoyance as Baekhyun came barging into the empty cafeteria.  His eyes darted from Sohee, to the knife, to Hana, who was panting with uncontrollable anger.  

     "What the heck happened?" he asked.

     "It's about time you noticed," Hana's teeth gritted.  "She's so full of herself.  I don't know what you see in her."

     Baekhyun stared into Hana's green eyes.  "What I see is a bright, strong warrior underneath the many layers of beauty, both inside and out.  What you should be questioning about is what I see in you."

Sohee's forearm was covered in goosebumps.  She could still feel Hana's anger towards her, as if it happened only yesterday.

In actuality, it was three years since that accident occurred.

She punched her imaginary opponent with force.  Her fists and feet flew with annoyance.  

"Any stronger, and you'll be able to destroy anything," someone commented.  She turned to see Baekhyun leaning against a tree, watching her intently.

"What if that's my goal?" she replied, still punching and kicking her imaginary opponent.

"Then I would want to stay out of your way," the boy chuckled.  His face straightened.  "You shouldn't over-exhert yourself.  The doctor said-"

"The doctor doesn't know who I am," she said and turned to face him.  "I'm Oh Sohee, third-year agent of EXO, fighting to save the world from danger and to keep the peace.  'Rest' isn't an option for me, Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun threw his hands up innocently.  "Okay, you got me there."

She smiled and went back to wounding her imaginary opponent.  

"Don't you ever, you know, take a break?" he asked after a while.

"What do you mean?" she said and stopped.  "Well, what is there to do around here?"

"I don't know," he shrugged.  "Tao spends all his time shopping online for Gucci stuff, D.O. devotes his time to cooking, Chanyeol managed to set half the rosebush on fire..."

Sohee laughed at the thought.  "He's so clumsy," she noted.

"Indeed," Baekhyun agreed.

Silence.

"Just...don't take all of this upon yourself, Sohee," he said.  "You've done more than enought already."

"More than enough, and I still haven't caught them," she shot back.  

They stopped bickering at the sound of rapid footsteps.  Sohee looked up to see Sehun, his hair messy and his eyes filled with panic.  She already knew what that meant.

"They're-"

"Okay," she cut him off and walked into the living room.

--

"Apparently they're going to be at a party a donor is holding tonight," Suho explained.

Sohee sighed.  "Where?"

"A big cruise ship," he replied.

"This is our big chance," she slapped a determined look on her face.  She looked at the rest of the boys.  "Let's get ready then."

--

Sohee sat in front of her mirror applying makeup and adjusting her dress.  She then fastened large pearl earings in her ears and wrapped a simple gold chain around her neck.  Before walking out, she took one last look.  She wore a long, deep blue dress that hugged her hips.  Gold and silver jewels embedded the one strap she had across her shoulder.  Her long brown hair was styled to the side with little flower pins running down from the roots to the tips.

"For Iris," she muttered before walking out.

She walked down the hall and the spiral staircase with her heels in her shaking hands.  The boys were in the living room, adjusting each other's ties.  She had to admit, they looked smashing.

"Whoa," Kai whistled.

"Wow," Tao commented.

"Stunning," Baekhyun gaped.

Sehun threw his arm around his sister's shoulders.  "Hey, guys, this is my sister you're talking about."

"Sehun, it's okay," she shrugged.  "Back off for once."

She turned to face the others.  "Everyone ready?"

--

The party was a lot more detailed than Sohee thought it would be.  Servers with trays of endless amounts of food walked around.  The tables were decorated with flowers and gold.  

"Sohee, do you copy?" she could hear Suho's voice through her hidden earpiece.

"I copy," she said quietly.  "Any sign of them?"

"Tao says that he sees them walking through the door right now."

She turned her head to see Hana in a stunning red dress walking through the open front door.  Her two bodyguards were closely following.  

"Confirmed," she stated.  "They're here."

"What's your plan of action?" Baekhyun's voice came through the mic.

She paused for a second.  "I'll go see if they're keeping Iris close by," she replied.  "Suho, take Baekhyun and snoop around for a little bit.  Tell the others to do the same."  She sighed.  "If you guys are caught, run."

"Gotcha," Suho said before the mic went silent.

Sohee proceeded out of the room and down the hall of the massive ship.  The lights started to flicker as the boat lurched forward, finally coming away from the dock.  Her heels clicked and echoed through the hall, making her heart beat faster and faster.  

She at last came to a suite at the end of the hallway.  Her instincts paused her.  She then pressed her ear against the door to hear the weak whimpers from the other side.  

Without thinking, Sohee pushed the door open.  There Iris was, gagged and tied to a chair.  Her cheeks were extremely red.  A small cut bled from her full lips.  Her eyes were filled with exhaustion, her hair frazzled.  She looked as if she were close to death.  Her sister sat there panting.

"Nice of you to stop by," a voice whispered in Sohee's ear.  She looked to see a boy with sleek black hair.  The pitch-black tuxedo he wore outlined his figure in the dark.  His eyes were written with mischief.

"Key," Sohee breathed, taking a step back.

The boy took a step towards her.  "It's been a long time, Heather."

Sohee winced at the sound of her real name.  This boy knew everything about her past and her family; he's a real threat.  "Run away," a voice in her head pleaded.

Snapping back into reality, she dashed over to her sister and undid the bond that gagged her.  

"Heather," Iris groaned with pain.

"What happened?" Sohee asked as she speedily cut the rest of the ropes with a pocket knife she pulled out of her bag.

"We were having fun," Key snickered.  "We'll have even more fun now that you're here."

Sohee gulped.  

The boy took another step forward and touched Sohee's face lightly with the back of his hand.  "Hm, your face changed," he commented.

"Uhm, we need to go now," Sohee tapped her foot impatiently.  "So if you could just-"

Key suddenly shoved her against the wall behind her.  He stared straight into her eyes.  A small whimper escaped from .  She wished it didn't and silently cursed in her mind.

"I don't think letting you go is an option, Heather," he breathed in her hair.  

Her body tensed.  "Move, Key, or you'll regret it."

"Make me."