Bubble Tea

Shadows

Sohee stared at her hand lying flat on the table with thoughts running through her head.  How could they have known that she was her sister?  Family files were usually destroyed or kept secret.  Her hand balled into a fist with frustration.

"We have to get her," she thought.  "Even if it means..."

"Sohee," Sehun put his hand on hers.  "I know what you're thinking, and it's not a good idea."

She looked at him and sighed.  "Well, what do you suppose we do, Mr. Leader?"

"Hey, I'm the leader," Suho pouted.

--

Sohee walked down the busy street with Baekhyun.  She sighed at the thought of the recent memory.

     "Get me bubble tea!" Sehun whined.

     Sohee smacked his arm.  "Why should I?  Go ask Luhan or something!"

     "Yeah, that is true," he tapped his chin, as if in thought.  "But I like it when you get it for me."

     She rolled her eyes as he told her what he wanted.  She glanced up at him.  "Anything else, Your Majesty?"

     "Can you get a bag of rice from the market?" D.O. shouted from the kitchen.

     "I want chicken!" Luhan exclaimed from his room.

     "Chicken is not my style," Kris yelled.

     "Ugh," she rubbed her forehead.  "Fine, fine!"

Baekhyun held the door open for her as they walked into the small bubble tea shop.  The smells of taro and milk made her smile with satisfaction.

"Hello, can I help you?" a boy from behind the cash register asked with a wide smile.

Sohee nodded and stepped up.  "One chocolate bubble tea, please."

The boy punched in the order and looked up, blushing slightly.  "Will that be all?"

She nodded and paid.

"What's your name?"

"Sohee."

He smiled.  "One moment, please."

Baekhyun came up behind her.  "You're not getting anything?"

She looked back.  "I don't feel very well."

He sighed and shook his head.  She glanced into the kitchen to see a conspicuous man in black clothes.  She strained her neck to try and see his face, but he vanished into the back storage room.  "Strange," she thought.

"Sohee?  Your bubble tea is ready," the boy came back and smiled at her.  She nodded and took the drink in her hands.  Before letting go, the boy made eye contact with her.  "I'm Min, by the way."

She smiled shyly and bowed her head slightly.  "N-nice to meet you, Min."

The boy blushed and smiled widely.

"Looks like you've got an admirer," Baekhyun teased in her ear as he steered her out the door to the market.

"Shut up," she pouted.

--

"Here's your drink, idiot," Sohee said with annoyance as she gave the cold drink to Sehun.

His face lit up with a smile.  "Thanks!" he squealed and immediately sipped its contents.

She rolled her eyes and set the heavy bag of rice on the kitchen counter for D.O.

"You're done already?" her eyes widened at Sehun as she turned around.  It's entire contents were nearly gone.

"Ugh, I don't feel very good," Sehun held his stomach.

"That's because you nearly swallowed it in less than a minute!"

"No, I feel really...weird."

Sohee's eyes widened even more.  "Are you joking?"

"What does it look like?" Sehun groaned with pain and backed into a wall.  "Oh, God..."

Sohee snatched the cup and opened the lid.  She sniffed it.  Under all the scents of chocolate and tapioca pearls, something smelled like...

"Poison," she concluded.  

Sehun moaned and kneeled down, clutching his stomach.  He sighed and passed out.

"Baek?" she called.  

Baekhyun immediately appeared from around the corner.  His eyes widened at the sight of a deathly-pale and unconscious Sehun.  He looked at Sohee with shock.

"Poison," she explained.  "There was poison."

Baekhyun nodded and lifted Sehun up into his arms.  Sohee grabbed her bag on the couch and her phone on the table.  

"Guys, we'll be right back!" she shouted.

"Where are you going?" Luhan poked his head out of his room, curious, but it was too late.  The door slammed without explanation.  

--

"Will he be okay?" Sohee asked the doctor as he examined Sehun.

The doctor sighed.  "Maybe."

"What do you mean 'maybe'?" she half-shouted.

"The poison nearly escaped into the bloodstream," he explained.  "He's in a very weak state.  Antibiotics are too strong for him."

Sohee sighed shakily.  She grasped her brother's cold hand.  Baekhyun put his arm around her shoulder.  

"Hey," Sehun opened his eyes slowly and looked deeply at Sohee.  "Who punched me?"

She smiled with tears b in her eyes and squeezed his hand.  

"Did you?"

"Sehun, you're so stupid," she shook her head.  "You were poisoned."

"Really?  By who?"

"Nevermind," she shook her head again.  She turned toward the doctor.  "Thank you."

The doctor bowed and left the room.