Gunshots

Shadows

Sohee sighed as she finally reached the restroom.  Sehun's weak condition was driving her crazy, and she hated being in hospitals.  After what happened to her oldest brother.

     Her feet ran alongside him as the doctors rolled his bleeding body into the building.  She was sobbing hard, her tears blurring her vision.  Her hand reached out to hold his.  For a moment, she could feel his tight grip, but it then loosened, and his hand fell limply at the side of the cart.

     "Miss, please stay here," a doctor held her back as they wheeled her brother into the next room.

     "I need to make sure he's okay," she hiccuped slightly.  "He needs to know I'm there!"

     "I'm sorry, miss," the doctor bowed and ran after the panicked party.

     Her shoulders slouched and she collapsed on her knees.  She cried even more at the impact of hitting the cold, lifeless ground.  She could remember waiting.  Waiting.  Waiting.  Until the same doctor came out and helped her up.

     "Is he okay?" she looked at him with despair.

     The doctor turned away slightly.  "I'm sorry," he muttered, and he walked down the hall past her.

     Sohee thought she was going to faint.  Her head felt extremely light and airy.  Her oldest brother, practically her best friend, was...gone.

She finally got to her senses as she pushed the heavy door open.  As she went on her search to find an empty stall, a tall girl with long brown hair walked past her.  Sohee's nose twitched.  That scent.  The girl smelled of flowers and deception.  This could only mean...

"Hana?" Sohee turned tentatively towards the girl.  "Clover?"

Her eyes widened.  "H-Heather!" she nearly exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?" Sohee narrowed her eyes slightly.

"I...I was just..."

Sohee stood absolutely still, not letting her guard down.  This girl was known for being ruthless and extremely clever.  

Who was this girl?  Clover, otherwise known as Hana, was Sohee's worst nightmare.  Ever since the start of their trainee days, she had always been competing with Sohee, whether it be looks or skill.  It got to the point where she nearly killed Sohee by throwing a knife.  Thankfully Sohee's reflexes were sharp and quick, and the knife dug into the wall behind her.

Sohee's head spun with confusion.  "Why the heck is she here?" she thought.

Hana pulled a gun out of her bag and pointed it at Sohee.  "I knew I would find you here."

Sohee glared.  "What are you doing?" she growled.

Hana's tall heels clicked against the tile as she walked circles around her.  "Didn't I tell you about my new job?"

With finesse, Sohee twisted the gun out of her hands.  She pointed the barrel at her head.  "Who sent you?"

Hana chuckled nervously and opened to say something, but before she could do so, two masked men came barging in.  Sohee's eyes glared even more fiercely.  

"It's about time, boys," Hana pouted.

The men stepped forward with their guns pointed at Sohee.  

"Better let go, Heather, before your brains blast against the mirror," Hana suggested.

Sohee smirked and kicked her towards them.  Her hands grew sweaty as she saw a evil grin appear on Hana's pearly white face.  "Terminate her."

Sohee's eyes widened as the men took aim.  Thinking fast, she slid through the narrow gap between them and charged out the door.  

"You idiot!  She's getting away!"

"She went that way!"

"I see her!"

Sohee ran as fast as she could back to Sehun's hospital room.  She barged in and saw the doctor talking to Baekhyun quietly.  

"We need to go," she panted.  "Now."

"But, miss, your brother is still in a weak condition-"

"He's going to die anyways if we don't get him out of here," she shot back and proceeded to taking Sehun's thin body in her arms.  She looked at Baekhyun.  "Aren't you gonna help me?"

Baekhyun nodded and reluctantly took him into his arms.  They ran down the hall, leaving the doctor speechless.

--

"Who's coming after us?" Baekhyun shouted at Sohee.

A gunshot exploded through the air, hitting the exit sign above them.  The sign flickered and then died.  

"I'll explain later!  Just shut up and run!" she yelled back.

They ran through the parking structure and finally came to their small black car.  Baekhyun, panicked, threw Sehun into the back seat and messily buckled him up.  Sohee dove into the driver seat while Baekhyun stationed himself in the seat next to her.  The turned the key and pressed down on the heavy petal.  They zoomed past the two men, who were shouting and shooting at the car continuously.  The glass in the back shattered loudly, waking Sehun up.

He sat up straight.  "Where the heck are we?!" he yelled.

"Get down!" Sohee shouted.  

Surprisingly, he obeyed and crouched down.  The car finally zoomed out of the parking structure and down the street back to their apartment, the tires screeching.  

"It's Clover," she whispered softly to Baekhyun.  "Hana.  I think she's working for them."

Baekhyun's eyes grew dark as they pulled into their garage.  They looked up to see EXO standing in the doorway.

Sohee stepped out of the car calmly.  "We have to go.  They're following us."