Noodles

Shadows

Sohee awoke not realizing where she was.  She suddenly remembered, and her head started to pound.  A slight groan escaped from .  "I should just run it out," she thought.

She quietly crept along her creaky bedroom floor to her closet.  She changed into a plain t-shirt and her uniform cargo pants.  Her sore arm screamed with pain as she bent down to slip her shoes on.  She closed her eyes, trying to shut the pain out, as she climbed down the stairs to the door.  

The warm morning sun touched her face.  She skipped down the steps and started to jog down the dirt trail.  Her feet were still sore from the walking she did yesterday, but she didn't care.  She desperately needed to get out.

She paused to catch her breath.  Her ears twitched slightly at the sound of the bushes rustling next to her.  She turned to see the same masked men from the day before grinning devilishly from ear to ear.

"Well, look what we have here," one sneered.

"We knew you'd come out eventually," the other clasped his hands together.

Sohee rolled her eyes with boredom.  "What the heck do you think you hooligans are doing?"

They looked at each other with confusion.  "Maybe we're not scary enough," the first suggested.  They looked back at her, snaring and glaring fiercely.

She smirked.  "These guys are truly the definition of 'stupid'," she thought to herself and chuckled.

"What are you laughing at?" the first asked, acting offended.

"Your stupidity," she replied simply.

He pulled his gun out from his belt.  "Say one more word, and I'll kill you."

Her voice squeaked with false fear.  "Oh no!"

Without warning, he pulled the trigger.  She dove out of the way just in time.  The bullet whizzed into the trunk of a tree behind her.  Before she could get up, the second pulled her up by her hair and rammed his elbow into her stomach.  She cried out with pain and tried to free her hair from his grasp.  He grabbed her bandaged arm, causing it to bleed more.  She belted out a scream and clawed at his arm.  

"Hold her still so I can kill her, idiot!" the first bellowed.

Just as he was about to pull the trigger once more, Baekhyun came running down the path with Kai and Sehun behind him.  "Sohee!"

The first looked at them and snickered.  He aimed the gun once more.  A shot rang out into the morning air.  

Everything seemed to go in slow motion.  The bullet whirled towards her, and she mustered all of her strength to desperately dodge it.  The second's grip on her shoulders tightened, causing her to panic.  She sank to her knees as the bullet buried itself deep into her right shoulder.  The second released her suddenly.  She looked up to see Kai pointing his stun gun in his direction.  She looked over to see that the first was in the same condition.

"Sohee!" Sehun propped her head up onto his lap, away from the offending dirt trail.  "Sohee, stay with me!"

She could see tears in his eyes.  "I'm fine," she murmured before laying her head back and closing her eyes.

--

"She'll be fine," Sohee heard someone saying.  "Just make sure she rests."

"Thank you," she heard Baekhyun's voice.  In the background, she could hear a soft chorus of sobbing erupt as soon as the door clicked shut.  

She opened her eyes to see Sehun curled in the far corner.  His cheeks were wet with tears.  "Hey," she rasped.

He immediately looked up, his eyes filled with shock.  "S-Sohee!" he exclaimed.  Within the next moment, he was by her side clutching her hand tightly.  "I'm sorry, Sohee.  I didn't get there fast enough-"

She squeezed his clammy hand.  "Nonsense."  She looked around.  "How...what happened?  After I lost consciousness, I mean?"

Baekhyun came and sat on the side of her bed.  "Sehun yelled as if the world was gonna end."

Sehun pouted.  "It's true, though!  She's all I have with me!"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes playfully.  "Anyways...Kai ran back to get the others to call a doctor.  We didn't wanna call the ambulance; it would've caused too much attention."

She shuddered.  "How long have I been out?"

"About four hours," Baekhyun replied.  He placed his hand on her forehead.  "Just rest for now."

She found herself nodding and drifted off into a deep sleep.

--

When Sohee woke up, she felt like someone punched her right shoulder.  She looked to see that it was bandaged tightly but neatly.  She buried her head into the pillow with exhaustion.  

"What if they come back with more?  How will I be able to shoot?  What if my arm won't be the same again?" she thought worriedly.  

"Oh, you're awake," she heard Baekhyun mumble sleepily.  He sat on the chair next to her and looked at her with tired eyes.  He looked at her with concern in his eyes.  "How are you feeling?"

"Horrible," she answered honestly.  "But alive."

He chuckled.  "You hungry?"

"Yes!" she exclaimed.

With his help, she made her way down the stairs to the kitchen, where D.O. was making lunch.  The wide-eyed boy looked up from the pot in front of him and smiled.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Starving," she replied simply and plopped herself down at the table waiting hungrily.

He placed a bowl of steaming hot noodles in front of her.

"I shall eat well!" she saluted cutely and started shoving noodles messily in .  D.O. laughed and ruffled her hair before serving the others.

Baekhyun sighed happily.  "What can you do," he murmured.

 

************

Hello everyone!  *bows*

I hope you're enjoying the fanfic so far!  Don't forget to subscribe and feel free to comment below! 

Thank you for your support!  :)