Lifeless

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is going on here?!!?”

Kyuhyun asked looking around, his face pale and sweaty.  What the hell is Sungmin talking about? The sobs from Ryeowook suddenly stopped and Ryeowook slowly lifted his face up. With a gasp, Kyuhyun fell backwards on his and Sungmin quickly ran to Kyuhyun and rubbed his back, trying to calm the shivering boy. Ryeowook’s face was… Ryeowook looked like a ing corpse. His lips and skin were almost blue and his face had sunken in so bad.

“Wo… Wookie?”

“Kyu,” Ryeowook whispered with trembling lips. “Please don’t leave me.”

Kyuhyun was lost and scared. He looked between Sungmin and Ryeowook, stuttering and shivering. Finally, Sungmin sighed and knelt next to Kyuhyun. He looked at Kyuhyun straight in the eye and gave him a small smile.

“I’m sorry you had to find out like this, Kyu.”

“What’s going on, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked. “Ple.. Please tell me.”

“I’m dead, Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun turned from Sungmin to Ryeowook and he felt his heart breaking. Kyuhyun sniffled and took closer steps and cupped Ryeowook’s cold face. Both of them stayed that way, staring deeply into each other’s eyes, both their eyes glistering.

“What did they do to you?”

A drop of tear rolled down Kyuhyun’s cheeks and soon, both of them were crying as Kyuhyun rested his forehead against Ryeowook. Kyuhyun spooned Ryeowook and rocked him side to side while he sobbed loudly.

It pained Sungmin seeing both of them like this. He tried so hard to protect Kyuhyun’s heart but it was too late now. Kyuhyun knew the truth and there was no way Sungmin was able to mend the broken pieces back together. Sungmin heard footsteps slowly making their way towards the living room and although he could hear the gasps, he didn’t need to explain what was going on.

“Please don’t leave me, Kyu.” Ryeowook shook his head. “Don’t.”

Sungmin was afraid of this too. Once Kyuhyun would see Ryeowook, he wouldn’t leave Ryeowook. But how long could Ryeowook possibly stay here? Forever? How long was Kyuhyun going to stay in this unhealthy relationship with a spirit? Sungmin reached out and touched Kyuhyun’s shoulders.

“Kyu…”

“I have Wookie’s ashes.”

At the mention of that, Ryeowook started wailing and pulling his hair, screaming at the top of his lungs. The members stepped back with wide eyes, some of them gripping each other’s hand, afraid of how Ryeowook was reacting.

“NO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!” Ryeowook screamed. “PLEASE I DON”T WANT TO LEAVE!”

Ryeowook clung onto Kyuhyun for life and all Kyuhyun could do was hug the poor eternal magnae. He kissed Ryeowook’s lips and pulled him into his chest, his hair. Ryeowook relaxed into his touch and soon stopped crying and screaming.

“Don’t do it, Kyu.” Ryeowook whispered his voice breaking. “If you love me, don’t do it.”

Kyuhyun nodded with sad eyes hugging his lover closer. He couldn’t do it even if he tried. He didn’t want to let go of Ryeowook. Even if it was just his spirit, even if Ryeowook’s face looked like a corpse, he wouldn’t even let go of Ryeowook. He didn’t want his boyfriend and best friend to leave. Kissing Ryeowook’s cold skin, Kyuhyun assured Ryeowook again.

“I won’t, baby.”

***

Kyuhyun brought Ryeowook into his room and both of them stayed inside the whole day. Kyuhyun missed his schedules and the members had to call manager hyung and lied to him that Kyuhyun was sick. Kyuhyun wouldn’t come out for food or drink, he just wouldn’t move away from Ryeowook.

“I’m really confused, hyung.” Donghae said, shivering. “What the hell is going on?”

By now, all the members were surrounding Sungmin, all of them knowing that they wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter