Burn

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, save them, please, you’ve got to save them.”

Sungmin took a deep breath, pulling his hoodie over his face. He hoped to hell that no one was able to see him. Tiptoeing down the corridors, Sungmin wanted to puke at all the disgusting smell in the air. It smelt of cigarettes and smoke, beer and everything just smelt so bad.

“Hyung, save them.”

Ryeowook’s voice echoed in Sungmin’s head again and again. Sungmin was trying but he didn’t know where or how to begin. Ryeowook had given him details of this place but he couldn’t believe how nasty it actually was. He could hear screams of pleas, he could hear women shouting for help, he could hear men shouting and grunting. He could hear so much pain through these walls. The thought of Ryeowook going through something like this….

“He’s in room 23. Find him and he’ll help you with the rest.”

Room 23. Room 23. Ryeowook had mentioned that at four thirty in the morning, all the guards were changing duty and all the masters were going back to their headquarters for their daily meeting. At this particular time, no one would walk down the hallways. But Ryeowook also did mention that Sungmin had to be quick. If he wasn’t, the guards would catch him and… Sungmin could end up like how Ryeowook ended up.

Room 13. Room 40. Room 28. Damnit. Ryeowook also mentioned that the rooms were at random. They didn’t follow accordingly. Sungmin was going crazy, trying to find that room. Sungmin stopped when his eyes landed on a number.

“What was your room number, Wookie?”

“27.”

27. This was Ryeowook’s room. Sungmin’s hand automatically went to the doorknob. Sungmin wondered if… No, that wasn't possible. Shaking his head and snapping out of his thoughts, he quickly continued running down the hall. Sungmin’s head was spinning, he really wanted to get out of this place as fast as he could. But he made a promise to Ryeowook. Sungmin’s heart skipped a beat when he heard voices coming from where he was going to head. Sungmin froze in place, not knowing what to do. If he ran back, they would see him and catch him. Without thinking, Sungmin grabbed the nearest doorknob and quickly went inside the room.

A shocked gasp startled him and Sungmin quickly turned, pressing his body against the door. A young boy in torn clothing stared at him for a long time, he too with his back against the wall. He shivered and held his hands out.

“P… Please, don’t hurt me.” He quietly begged. “Please don’t.”

“I can’t take it, anymore.”

Sungmin’s heart broke. This boy… He was just a kid. How could anyhow hurt a kid like this? But the way the kid was acting… It was exactly the same as how Ryeowook was acting. Sungmin made slow steps to the boy and carefully removed his hoodie off his face. The boy looked at Sungmin and in an instance, his eyes went huge.

“S… Super …. Super Junior…. Hyungnim.” The boy whispered. “W.. What are you… What are… You doing here?”

“H… Hyung, a… are you… are you here bec… because of Ryeowook?”

“I am.” Sungmin nodded. “I’m going to get all of you out of here, alright?”

“Hyung… They’re coming back in any second now… You… You be… better get … get out of here.”

“Look, I need to find room 23. Do you know where that is?”

“I.... It’s at… at the end… “

Sungmin nodded. “I need to find Jae. He’s in that room right?”

“H… Hyung. I am Jae.” The boy said.

“You are?” Sungmin’s eyes widened.

“Y.. Yes, they moved me here… B.. Because th.. they wan.. wanted me to… to serve three… .”

“Oh my dear.”

Sungmin’s heart ached for the poor boy. Sungmin slowly made his way to the boy and when the boy did not step back, Sungmin pulled him into a tight hug. The boy sobbed uncontrollably while Sungmin held him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter