21. A Good Day to Start Over

One Magical Summer

Chapter 21

Elle's POV

"Did you remember anything about the accident?" I stare blankly at the guy with the white coat - I'm guessing that's the doctor right there- and shook my head. He nodded and wrote something. "That's normal, people usually doesn't remember their accident. It's normal to feel confused afterwards, and..." I looked at my sister, who is listening intently to whatever the doctor is saying right now. I've been involved in an accident? "So, what do you remember?" What? "There was an accident?" He smiled at me. "Yes, it was a car accident, and that's the reason why you're here now. You've been in a coma." Coma? What? "For how long? Where am I? I'm in Korea?" His smile dissapeared. "Yes, this is the Seoul National University Hospital, You've been in coma for 2 weeks." 2 weeks? Seoul? "When did I come to Korea? I thought this is Paris?" I looked at them, the doctor looking slightly taken aback, and then he gained his composure, and my sister looking anxious. "So.. Elle, wasn't it?" I nodded. "Well, you have lots of catching up to do."

So, it seems that I've been in Korea for 3 months, and my memory loss explains why I have this blank space on my head. Jess tapped on my shoulder. "How are you feeling?" I shrugged, not bothering to answer, since my throat is still hurting. "Do you remember my name?" I gave her a look. "My throat hurts, Jess." She looks relieved. "Do you remember anything?" I tried searching something on my brain, but none come out. I shook my head. "Okay, so, the doctor said it'll take time for you to remember everything, and I think it would help you to meet those you've met in the past 3 months." I nodded. "Okay, wait up! They actually brought a little something for you." She walked away from me, still smiling. My eyes searched the empty, white room. What can possibly happen in 3 months?

 

A moment later, the door opened, showing me a black haired guy in his suit, carrying a large bouquet of flowers, consisted of white lilies, pink roses and some other stuff. He smiled at me. "So, based on what Jess said, you must not know me, then." I tried searching for his face, or his name, but my brain gave me nothing. I shook my head, giving him an apologetic smile. He laughs. "So you really not know who we were back then, that's crazy. Anyway, I'm Dong Youngbae. Some people called me Taeyang, whichever you prefer." I smiled. "Youngbae ssi, nice to meet you again." He smiled, showing a pretty eyesmile. "Nice to meet you, Elle Eun Ji. I'll just put this here." He put the flowers on the table near my bed and sat down. "You really didn't remember anything? How did we met, anything?" I cringed. "Sorry. Can you please refresh my memory?" He smiled, and began the story.

"What? I was actually willing to join the YG Entertaiment?" They laughed. Somehow, they managed to convince the nurse and enter the room alltogether. The Big Bang members, they introduced themselves as (again), are currently retelling me the story on what did I miss, and Jess is listening as well. "Yes, I'm very surprised as well. My beloved sister, all of sudden, out of nowhere, said that she's now part of the team. And I couldn't be any happier." "But my dream is to be a professional dancer. And who, and how is he to be able to talk me to that kind of thing? No offense, guys." The guy with the big undereye, Seungri ssi, smiled. "None taken. Actually, you should ask-" "Elle?" An unfamilliar voice cut his sentence as I heard the sound of the door opened and closed. He didn't seem all that upset, though, he just smiled knowingly. I look at him, puzzled, and then looked at Jess, who is giving me the reassuring smile. A guy, his blond hair tousled, his dark brown eyes looking straight at me. He's wearing a suit- why would anyone wear a suit to the hospital? "Elle." His facial expression softens, looking relieved at the same time. As my name being called, it's like every bit of cells in my body responds, and my heart is pounding rapidly, for a moment, the needles don't feel as painful. Who is he?

 

GD's POV

"Have we met before? Do I know you?" She asked me, after a moment of silence passed. A hint of urgency rushed in her voice, and I took a deep breath. The boys have warned me before, that she have a memory loss for a moment, and for me to prepare that she won't remember me in any way. But it is harder than I thought. It's so much more painful, the fact that she doesn't even remember my name, or my presence. "Yes, we've met. Actually, I'm one of the guys. Have they introduced themselves?" She nodded quickly. "Big Bang." "Well, I'm the leader, the songwriter." She examined me, as if trying to get the answers she didn't get. "We were telling her from the beginning, when she met us for the first time." Daesung's chirpy voice broke off our eye contact. I broke off a second afterwards. "Nice. I wouldn't miss this." She glanced at me and finally focused on Daesung as he continued the story. 

"Any news from the police yet?" Jess looked up to me as she closed the hospital door. She hesitated for a moment before finally spoke. "Well, based on the survaillance camera they watched, they were pretty sure it is no accident." My eyes almost popped out. "You mean someone did this on purpose?" She nodded. "The police said the car was a black sport car, they haven't able to know the lisence plate because of the dark, but when they do, they will catch the subject right away." I stare at her door. "But who would do such a thing?" Jess shook her head. "I don't know. Whoever it is, I hope the police can catch the subject right away. She doesn't deserve any of this." I nodded. "I'm sorry she didn't remember you anyway. Other than me, she didn't remember any." The pain I've been ignoring clenched my heart once again. "Yeah, me too."

I cleared up my schedule for the next day, which Yang CEO approve, on so many terms. I will have to do an exclusive interview with bunch of magazines tomorrow, and I have to make songs for the newie, but nothing I can't take care of. With a bunch of DVDs on my right hand, a laptop bag on my shoulder, and a guitar on my left, I knocked on her door. "Come in." I tried to open the door when the DVDs fell to the ground. I cursed. As spoiled as this might sound, but I'm used to have people serving me - literally - on anything I need. Her eyes widen at her sight of me - alone - with so many things on my hand. "Hey." She stared at me, slightly open, her eyes scanning from my head to toe. "You know, if you're done staring, I can really use a helping hand." She blushed furiously, tucked her hair behind her ear, and glanced away. Aww, and I like her staring. "Sure, umm, what can I help? Oh, but I'm not mucb help, since I can't really get up with those bandages on my hand and feet right now. You know, of the accident." I grinned. "Yeah, actually I've got this covered. Just want to see your reaction." She squint her eyes, giving me a look. "What brings you here?" Other than looking after my girlfriend? "Nothing, can't I be here?" She blushed, and I held my urgency to held and kissed her right now. "No, sure, since Jess have school to attend, but don't you have TV show to run, or stuff?" I shrugged. "I don't have any schedule today, if that's what you're asking, and I think it would be fun to watch these with you." I lifted my choice of DVDs, the ones she loved. "Oh my Gosh, you like A Cinderella Story? That's the most romantic movie!" She squeals. "Lets watch this! I'm bored to the core." I laughed. "Hillary Duff it is." I set up the Macbook, and the Laptopper I brought. "Did we do this a lot?" I put the laptopper on her thigh and the laptop on top. "Not really." I didn't really have time to do this, but I guess I have to make time for those I love the most. "Oh." A flash of dissapointment flickered on her eyes before her eyes turned normal again. "Let's watch this then."

 

Elle's POV

"Careful right there, can you take the stairs?" I gave him a look. "Of course." I was released this afternoon, and it's weird when a stranger you just knew already know where you live, downright to the way to my room. Odd. "It's not like they chop away my foot." He looked at me, clearly upset. "Do not ever say things like that. And you're using that crutches, so I don't think you can climb 16 steps of stairs alone. He kneeled. "What?" What is he trying to do? "Get on, I'm going to carry you. And I don't take no for an answer, because the doctor clearly told me not to leave you all alone or do hard jobs." My heart beat is all over the place. There's another thing with this guy, Kwon Jiyong. I have no memory of him whatsoever, but everytime we met, I feel this sparks, my whole body is tingling, and I felt unusually comfortable. And I don't usually do well around stranger, and people I don't know. There's something with him that is able to make me feel like it's okay to show him the real me. And the fact that he has so much knowledge about me, and the fact that I'm not really bothered about that.  " I don't think climbing stairs is such a hard job." "It is for someone who has crouches on her hand. Now give me your purse and get on to my back." Hesitating, I hand him over my prada bag, which he received and waited for me to climb to his back. "Sorry, I'm heavy." He chuckled and get up without hesitation. For a small guy, he's really strong. The walk was a moment of comfortable silence, when my head suddenly was in pain, and a graphic image came to mind. "We have done this before." He put me on the bed. "What?" I looked at him. "I've done this before. You have been in my house. You carried me." A pure happiness flickered on his eyes. "Yes! That's true! And then? Anything else you remember?" I close my eyes, trying hard to remember. "Sorry," His face fell in disappointment. "That's alright. I'm glad there's something you remember." He tucked my hair behind my ear and smiled. "I'll get you something to drink. Lemonade, isn't it?"


This, by far, is the HARDEST chapter to write. Seriously, it took me months to write just a few sentences, which then I erased, and redo all over again. Sorry guys... What do you think? Is it a crappy chapter? Please please tell me what do you think. And I have an idea to write another story - but sure, I have to finish this one first. Please let me know who your bias is, so that I have some idea about who to write. Preferably someone with the bad boy / player vibe all over him. :D

THANKS GUYS FOR KEEPING UP WITH ME :") looking forward to your comments!

 

Ciaoooo and XOXO