Past and Present

One Magical Summer

Chapter 12

We went to a nearby korean food restaurant. I ordered Gamjatang and Jiyong Oppa ordered Bibimbab, and the waiter left after he noted our orders.

"I used to come here a lot, with my members. And we would always play rock paper scissors to decide who paid the meal." He smiled. "But as we get busier and busier, we don't come here that often again, let alone had a proper meal." I smiled. "Well you're with me now. And I'm not your members, but at least we get to eat here together. It's my first time here. I don't eat in family restaurant often." He grinned. "Yeah. Anyway, you know, normally girls won't eat anything when they are with me. I don't know why. But it kinda makes me feel like I eat like a monster." I laughed. "I definitely won't do that. Maybe they are just nervous, you know. Not everyday you get to eat with a superstar." He groaned. "Don't think of me as a superstar, okay? Just the regular guy, Kwon Jiyong. So, you're not nervous having dinner with me?" I tried to ignore the knots in my stomach and my fast heartbeat. "Hey, I'm here with Kwon Jiyong, not G-Dragon, right?" He laughed. "Right." 

"Oh my Gosh, your sister is a designer? That's crazy! I think fashion runs in your blood." He laughs. "Yeah, I actually want to be a designer if I don't succeed in entertaiment industry. I wear her design sometimes. Wanna see?" He pulled out his phone and showed me pictures of him and his sister. I couldn't help but smiling. It's like us, but with one of us being a guy. "That's really sweet of you guys." I gave the phone back to him. "She's an amazing designer, by the way. Her designs are totally young and it suits you." He laughed. "Thanks. Tell me about your sister." He put his phone back to his pocket. "She's crazy. Nowhere near your amazing sister. She likes to sing, and a better singer than me, and she has more passion in business than I do. I think she will make an amazing CEO to our company, but my parents want me to run the business." "Sorry to hear that. Anyway, have you heard anything from Paris? Sorry, the name is just too hard to pronounce." I laughed. "Conservatorite de Paris, yes, I should be hearing in about 3 weeks. I'm so nervous whenever I think about it. If I don't get accepted, the choice is either being a trainee or my parents will put me to Yale." He takes a sip on his coffee. I frowned. Coffee again? "I think you'll make it. I know you will. Well, it'll be prettty without you here, but I think you'll make it." People had been saying those words for so many times, and plenty of them were just empty words, just something they say to me without any meaning, but for some reason, it felt different when he said those words.

 

"And then you turn left, and- Oh. You've been to my house before." He laughed. "Sorry. It really was rude of me. You should've called Jess to fetch me." He smiled. "The one with the white fence right?" I nodded. "Thankyou again for always taking me home- well, not always, but, yeah, you get it right? Sorry I'm blabbering." He laughed again. I can feel my face redden. Stop making yourself look stupid, Elle. "So, here we are." He parked the car in front of the gate. I sighed, pretty much couldn't hide my happiness. "Here we are." "Wait, are you that eager to dismiss me that much? I thought we had fun." He put his hand over his chest. "You hurt my feelings, Elle." I laughed. "You're so weird." He smiled. "Wait, I'll get the door for you." He opened the door for me. I couldn't stop smiling.

"Found a new boyfriend already, kitty?" Great. Way to ruin the moment. "Danny. I didn't expect you to be here." I glanced at Jiyong, who is currently eyeing Danny with a weird look on his face. "So, now that you disses me, your taste is a man who wears eyeliner on?" "Danny, just leave. I will never ever get back with you." He scoffed. "Is it because of this guy? This little guy with eyeliner on?" "Dude, can you not disturb my girl over here? Be a man and leave." My heart went crazy. He only did that to help you, Elle. Danny gave me a look. The one I hated the most. "Elle, I was going to go for the subtle way, but if you act like this, then fine. Just don't come crying after." 

"Here. Drink this tea." My hands reached for the cup. "Thanks." He held my hand. "You're trembling. Who is he?" I closed my eyes as I sip my tea. I laughed bitterly. "I actually was hoping that you, of all people, wouldn't find out about this. But yeah. He is Danny. He.. is my ex fiancee." His eyebrow rose. Yeah. This is going to be a long night. "Me and Danny first met because of business matter.." And just like that, my mind took me to a year ago.

"Elle, we have dinner plans tonight. Dress nicely. And behave. Don't treat this guy like Kim Soo Hyeon. His dad is our important business partner." I glanced at my mom. "Yes." Do I have any other option? "Great. The hairdresser from the salon should be here in 15'." 

"Another dinner date?" I tore my gaze from my walking closet. "Yeah. Wanna trade place? I heard you have a manner course to go after this." I glanced at the clock. "What kind of parents who will arrange a course for their daughter at 7 pm in the evening?" "Beats me. It's your mom and dad." I took my blue dress I haven't able to use. "FYI, they're yours too." Jess rolled her eyes. "Urghh. I wish we could be like other kids, you know. We even haven't eaten dinner together in like months. Seriously, our dining room is just for people to look at. And for Christmas dinner, which is just as horrible." I sat on the couch next to Jess. "Seriously, who spends their Christmas listening to our aunts and uncles bragging about their fortune?" I pat her hair. "You know, when we are adults, later, we will be free from them, and get to choose what we want. Me, as a professional dancer, and you-" "will be running their business, actually. I don't mind" she shrugged. "As long as I'm in control" I heard a knock on the door. "That must be the saloon guys. I'm wearing this blue dress. What do you think?" She eyed me for a moment. "Whatever. It looks good on you. Besides, you'll be ruining this dinner plan, aren't you?" I cringed. "Not this time. The Red Queen seems serious about this. Perhaps later, when I have an alone moment with the guy." She laughed. "Well, good luck with that."

"Your daughter looks so beautiful, she must inherits her features from her mother." My mom laughs. Really? They fall into her super fake laughter? "Thankyou. And your son is adorable. They look good together, aren't they?" His parents laugh. "They sure do. I think our children couldn't wait to get to know each other, isn't that right, Danny?" The blue eyed scoffed. "Right." Dude, I'm as unhappy as you are. Don't think I like it. His father patted his back. "We should give our children the opportunity to get to know? Why don't you take Elle a walk in the park, Danny?" He smiled. "Sure, dad."

"Cancel this engagement." He looked at me as if I grow 2 heads. "What?" I walked past him. "You heard me, cancel this arrangement. I don't like being engage to someone I clearly don't trust, and I've just met. So, cancel this arrangement." He scoffed. "Right. And why won't you do it?" I rolled my eyes. "Duh. I'll be in big trouble. Mom said it's some kind of big meeting between our companies." He sat on the bench. "Same as me. I've ruined the past dinner dates, and I'll get into way too much trouble for me to handle." I sat next to him. "Parents, huh?" He laughed. "Yeah. I don't want to inherit their stupid company. No offense, but suits just won't do it for me. Way too..." "Uptight?" He looked at me, surprised. I laughed. "We're on the same page. I want to be a dancer. What about you?" He smiled as he looked up to the sky. There weren't any stars at that time, just the moon and us. "I want to travel around, and write book. A journal, actually. I want to explore the secrets I've never knew before that's hidden in every corner of the earth." His blue eyes twinkled. "You know, we should call it a truce. Let's start over. I'm Danny Ho." He offered his hand. "Elle. Elle Eun Ji." I shook his hand. "Friends?" I glanced at the blue orbs. "Sure. Friends." 


So! Here's my second update, everyone! OMG I couldn't believe I just did a second update! LOL. Well although it's pretty lame, this story went just the way I imagined it. 

Thankyou for the readers, for the comments, subscribers, upvotes...

And for those who haven't, please do. :D

Anyway, I'm looking for someone who is willing to help me out. Just give me some comments to the chapter I'm going to upload, and some ideas about the story. I want all of you to enjoy this story. So, if you're interested, please email me! on: [email protected]. What's the payment, author-nim? Well... you have a new friend? I guess? LOL. But it's totally fine if you think this is just fine the way it is, me working alone. What do you guys think? Please let me know.

 

Ciaooo and xoxo