9. A Song For You

One Magical Summer

Chapter 9

When I told Jess I would be leaving  with G-Dragon Oppa in 15 minutes, she literally freaked out. And of course, she whined and begged me to tag along, but I don't think G-Dragon will be able to experience the "normal people" experience when his ssaeng fan come along, so I declined her with all my might. I might have to buy her the new Ferragamo heels she always wanted to stop her from sulking. Seriously, that girl is spending way too much money on... about everything. 

I was brushing my hair when I heard a sound of car honk. I put on my hat and grab my ankle boots. Since we're going to go shopping, I decided not to wear anything tiring like stilettos, and decided to wear comfy clothes instead. 

After bidding my sulking sister goodbye, I run to the front of the gate and find a white bentley. I stopped myself from rolling my eyes. Really? Bentley on a normal people experience? He shows me his perfect teeth before opening the door for me. 

"Really? Bentley? I thought we were going to experience what normal people usually do." I bit out a laugh. He shrugged. "Well, you didn't say anything about how we're going to go there, and you know, usually girls would go crazy when they are being picked up by a Bentley." I let out a laugh. "Well, I'm not most girls. You know, if we want to blend in, we can take my car." He takes off his shades and gives me a look. "Right. Because a pink audi is what normal people usually drive." I rolled my eyes. "We can take my benz, that's more... modest." I let out another laugh looking at the expression he gave me. "Well, I don't think what car we're driving is such a big deal anyway."

We went to Apgujeong and spend couple of hours to buy him a new shirt. It seems that our plan "blending in as normal people" failed miserably, though. His shades didn't do a really good job hiding his identity, and the sales clerks were literally swooning all over him. I pretended to be his stylist-slash-manager when they are beginning to show even worse symptoms than Jess. It was pretty fun, especially when I told those girls that G-Dragon's "packed schedule" and how he only have a couple of hours to relax, how I think a true fan should understand, and voila, they disappear almost immediately. He seems to be having a good time, which is really good. I finally bought him a new Saint Laurent shirt, since he is a fan of SL too, just like me, and when he tried on the shirt, I knew for sure it is a must buy. He look incredibly *cough* handsome, even though I think he can make a worn out shirt to a high-end look. 

"Thankyou for letting me redeem my mistake, and I really am sorry for causing you such troubles." I said as we walk to our table. We decided to take a break on a cafe. He flash a boysih grin. "No, I should be thanking you. It's been quite a long time for me since BigBang debuted, and we barely have any free time to do this." I give him a small smile. "Is it hard? You know, being in the spotlight." He thinks for a minute before answering my question. "Sometimes it is. Like even though I'm tired to the core, and hadn't been sleeping, or even when I have problems, I still have to manage to smile for the camera. My fans help me on some of hard times, and my members are too. But there are times when I just want to be alone and do nothing." He gives me a sad smile. "This industry is hard. There are people who are willing to do anything, even though it's not good, to make their way to the top. You don't know if they are real or fake. But my love for music beats all of those thing, I guess." He takes a sip on his coffee. "Have you decided on staying in Korea or study dance in Paris?" Oh right. Paris. I sighed. "I don't know. At first I'm really sure on my desicion on going to Paris, but now that I've trained in YG, I don't know anymore." I bit my lips. "You know, I think I can understand what you're going through, even though I'm not a superstar like you." I lock my gaze with his. His brown eyes is really pretty. I feel like being drawn into him. "My father... He owns the biggest stock on Posco, yes the steel industry. In short he owns it, and he barely there in my childhood. I spent most of my childhood with Jess, and he is busy doing whatever he needs to, and travelling. People don't look at us the same way when they know we could be the one who inherits the company. Some tried to be our friends just because our parents are rich, and there were people who tried to get close to us to get some inside information of my dad's company." I closed my eyes, trying to ignore the pain on my chest. Danny. "And dance... it helps me. I can forget about who I am when I dance, and I went through a lot to make my parents sure that I can be a professional dancer." I laugh bitterly. " I don't think my father is grateful to have us, 2 daughters, not sons, who absolutely have no interest in bussiness." Oh, I think I talked too much. "So, yeah. My story is kind of boring, isn't it?" He gives me a small smile. "No, it's nice to talk to someone who understands." I tore my gaze from his eyes and take a sip on my coffee. We enjoyed a comfortable silence between us. For a moment, I couldn't see him as a superstar, as G-Dragon. Just an ordinary man who loves music. As Kwon Jiyong.

We were talking about Jiyong's most bizzare concert experience when a waiter deliver a slice of strawberry cheesecake. I eyed the cake, confused. "Um, I didn't order this." He gave me a small smile. "It's from the singer." He points the cafe singer. "He told me to give this cake to the lovely lady in the black hat and he said he would love to hear you sing." I almost choked. That is so... cheesy. I heard Jiyong scoffs beside me. I glanced at the singer, who gives me a flirty smile, and stand up from his chair on the stage. "Please give the lovely lady in the black hat a round of applause, since she is going to entertain all of us with her singing." I hold my death glare. I sighed. I can't back out now, can I?

I step to the stage, and sit in front of the microphone. My gaze locked with Jiyong's before he gave me his signature smile. Feeling myself smiling, I started singing. 

May the angels protect you
Trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you when its time to go home
May you always have plenty
Your glass never empty
And know in your belly
You're never alone

May your tears come from laughing
You find friends worth having
With every year passing
They mean more than gold
May you win but stay humble
Smile more than grumble
And know when you stumble
You're never alone

Never alone
Never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you, stay with you
Baby, you're never alone

Well I have to be honest
As much as I wanted
I'm not gonna promise the cold winds won't blow
So when hard times have found you
And your fears surround you
Wrap my love around you
You're never alone

Never alone
Never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you, stay with you
Baby, you're never alone

May the angels protect you
Trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you when its time to go home
And when hard times have found you
And your fear surrounds you
Wrap my love around you
You're never alone

Never alone
Never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you, stay with you
Baby, you're never alone

My love will follow you, stay with you
Baby, you're never alone 
 
(never alone - Lady Antebellum)
 

People seem to fade as I sing, and occasionally take a small glance to Jiyong, who looks at me with a complete interest. My heart won't stop beating, and I feel a little bit of lovely pain. I take another glance at him as I singing. Whatever it is, it feels so... right.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It is probably the longest chapter I've ever written and it took the shortest time ever! LOL I don't know what get to me. Usually I have to do many research and thinking just to write the few sentences. *sigh* I think holiday is starting to show its effects, no? :D not only to my brain, but as well as my stomach * another sigh* I'm gaining weight... But what is holiday without the infamous "i-have-no-control-on-what-I'm-eating", right? (or is it just me?) anyway, I'm going to go to the gym starting 2moro. It's about time, isn't it? my mom already told me for the millionth time that I'm really fat now. Yes mom, I know, you don't have to mention it every single second of my life :") 

Please tell me what you think! Comments, new subsribers and ideas are always welcome!

 

Ciaoooo and xoxo