15. Choices

One Magical Summer

Chapter 15

I'm a lightsleeper, so, staying up late until 2 or 3 am in the morning is pretty much nothing to me. After Ji Oppa left, I spent most of my time laying on my bed, trying to figure what I'm going to do with my life. I was so sure with my choice to go to Paris before all this, and now I'm not. At this rate, if I don't decide anytime soon, my parents will do the honor to make my choice, and let's just say last time they did it, it didn't turn well. But that's another story. I stared at the ceiling and then closed my eyes. The images of me being in Paris came to my mind. The images I've been having ever since I could remember. I went to the university once, and it was really beautiful. I remember first time I saw it, I was kind of in love, and I vowed to myself that someday I would be there, dancing away. The dorm wasn't much, and I have to share it with 3 other people. Of course, Jess couldn't come as much as she wanted to if I stayed on a dorm, and it was pretty small compared to my room, but it was everything I could ask for. There's a window by the table, and it showed me the view of Louvre. Well, it wasn't up close, and some buildings cover the Louvre, but I'm pretty satisfied. I went there like 4 months ago and I loved it there. I loved the way city turns bright and warm at night, and how people were so romantic there, I loved sitting and just watching people walking past by. Being in Paris and being able to dance everyday is a dream come true. And then YG came to my mind. Sure, I still don't have the strong urge nor desire to be a celebrity, but just the thought of being able to stand in the same stage, being in the same limelight, being able to dance, to sing with Ji on stage, it is enough to make me feel torn, and also made my heart thumping and jumping wildly. I looked at the chandelier. And if I stayed in Korea, Jess wouldn't be all alone. I know I'm the only one she has, and although she wouldn't say it, I know she would be devastated with me not being here. She would have to eat in the ty dining room all alone, she would have to face our parents alone, she would be all alone in this stupid mansion on Christmas and New Year, because mom and dad would be overseas, doing business or whatever they have to. And I probably wouldn't able to celebrate her birthday, and she would celebrate it all alone, with me not being there, she would have to skip our tradition, as our parents being just the ty parents they always have. We always celebrate our birthday together. It doesn't matter if we held a party or not, as long as we're together. Sometimes Ga Eun would come if she's in Korea. We would eat dinner together, and I would bake some cake for her, which sometimes burnt, but that's not the point. And she would tell me her crazy imaginations that includes some kpop idols, which I never really paid attention to, and she would sulk when she realized that I haven't been listening to her. I smiled sadly. That won't happen anymore the moment I go to Paris. I closed my eyes, and my mind drift me to the dream world.

 

"Welcome, Elle. Caramel Latte again today?" I smiled to Kim Joon, the waitress from Beans Bins cafe. It is located near YG building, and there's something about this, whether the taste of the coffee, or just the atmosphere that made me stop by everytime I finished my training session. "You know me too well, Joon-ah." He smiled and put the order. "For my best girl, anything." I laughed as I pulled out my wallet. "Things going alright with YG?' I shrugged and handed him 10,000 won bill. "They are alright." He handed me a cup of caramel latte and a slice of strawberry cheesecake on a tray. "Wait, I didn't order this." He shrugged. "Just a small compliment from the cafe because you have been a loyal customer." He leaned closer and whispered. "And because the manager thinks you're pretty." I laughed. "I did not say that, okay?" "Really, Joon-ah. What would I do without you?" He laughed and handed me the change. "You'd probably die out of loneliness from missing me, or you'd die from you're need of cafeine." I shook my head. "And if you're wondering how to repay my unlimited kindness, you can totally set me up on a date with some cute guys. Preferably TOP, though." I laughed. "Let's see if TOP has the same preference as you. Thankyou Joon-ah." He laughed. "Hey! You dare leaving me? I thought I'm the only guy for you!" I glanced a dirty look for him before sitting down in my usual spot.

Joon always mock me for sitting down at the same spot everyday, everytime. He said it's 'Elle's corner'. He told me once he shooed a customer for sitting on my spot, and get scolded afterwards, but I'm not trusting him. I sighed as I absentmindedly look outside. My mind begin thinking about the choice I would make, and decided that I need to talk to Jess about this. Taking a sip on my latte, Jiyong Oppa came to mind, and I immediately blushed. Geez, Elle. What luck you have in love life. First you fell for a crazy psycho guy and now you love a superstar. Like literally superstar, who, I might add, doesn't love you back. Great. A pain sliced through me. Now that I think of it, my life is pretty screwed, and ty. Well, I had my great moments too, but really. What did I do in my past life? I let out a sigh. Call me stupid, but I want to see him. I wonder what is he doing now? I glanced at my watch. 5.08 pm. He's probably busy. Should I text him? I pulled my phone. But what should I talk about? I put it down, heart thumping rapidly. "Not going home?" I almost dropped my cup, startled. I turned my head and saw a playful glint on his usual brown orbs and a familiar grin that always melts my heart. "Oh my gosh, you scared the hell out of me. What are you doing here?" He pointed his black coffee. "I need my cafeinne intake, and then I saw you, and I think it's better to have a company than being all alone." He grinned and take a seat in front of me. "Back to my question, what are you doing here?" I shrugged, trying to calm the heartbeat. "It's my favorite spot? Well, I don't know. Just thinking." He nodded. "Is it Paris?" I glanced at him as he removed his sunglasses. "Well, that and some things. Wait, aren't you supposed to be on other places? I don't know, maybe singing, or just being the busybody G-Dragon?" He smiled. "Nope. G-Dragon is currently taking a rest, thankyou for asking. I don't always work, you know." I raised an eyebrow. "Right. Because you never record BigBang song until 2 am in the morning." He laughed. "hey, on my defense, Seung Ri was all over the place. And who told you that?" I smiled. "A little birdie told me." He laughed. I couldn't help but smile. His laugh is infectious. And then his phone buzzed. He read the message and sighed. "My manager is looking for me. I guess that's my cue." I smiled, trying to hide my dissapointment showing on my face. "Going back being G-Dragon? You should go." He studied my face. "You know what, come along." What? Did I hear right? "What? No way! I would get in your way." He flashed me his smile, not like the one I saw in magazine, it's more beautiful, more genuine. "No you won't. It's just song recording, and some other schedule. You don't have anything to do, right? And you don't want to go back to your house just yet." I seriously wonder if he has psychic powers. I bit my lips, glancing a look to his hopeful pair of brown eyes, knowing that I won't be able to resist. "Okay, then."

We went to a huge recording studio where his manager and some people I didn't know already gathered. We bowed as he closed the door. "This is Elle, and she would be watching our recording, and help me out with... water, I guess." I almost rolled my eyes. Really? That's his best excuse? Even I am a better liar. Oh wait, I'll probably just tell the truth. Well, I guess we both are horrible liars then. They greeted back and welcome us warmly. "Wait here, okay? I'll just go for a bit." Still smiling, he talked to the director for a while before he entered the recording room and began to rap.

It only took him 2 tries to get the song perfectly, before he moved to another song. I watched him in complete amazement. I smiled as he glanced at me and gave me a small smile. "Elle Eun Ji, am I correct?" I turned my head to see a middle aged man, smiling at me. I stand up and bow my head. "Elle is fine." He took a seat and I do so too. "You came to watch? To learn?" I smiled. "Actually, he told me to come along, and since I've got nothing to do, so here I am." And his brown eyes is too much for me to reject. He nodded. "It's rare for that kid to bring someone to his recording session, or any to any of his schedule. You must be special, then?" I laughed as I glanced at the immersed Ji. Right. I wish I were. "No, we're just friends. I think he felt sorry for me, rather than special feelings." He looked at me with interest. "Sorry for what?" I shrugged. "My parents are a bit busy, so my house is currently empty." He laughed. "I'm pretty sure what he's feeling isn't sorry. So I'm guessing that you'll be around for his next schedule?" I nodded. "Probably just for today. Is it alright?" He smiled. "Sure. It's good for him to have moral support aside from me." I cast a glance on Ji. "He's really good at this. I mean, I get that he's a pro, but he only need like 2 - 3 tries to get it perfectly." He gave me an unreadable expression, with a smile on his face. "You know, he normally wasn't this good." Still smiling, I furrowed my eyebrows, not getting the point. "That kid is a perfectionist, so everything he does has to be perfect. Sometimes he put too much on his shoulder." I smiled. "Yeah, Seung Ri Oppa told me that Jiyong Oppa is a perfectionist, and he's scary when he teaches. But I think he taught me just fine?" He laughed. "Of course he would be nice to you."

"Are you tired? You did so great just now." I handed him a water bottle, since that's the only thing I could help him with. "A little bit. Were you bored?" I shook my head. "Not really. Your songs are catchy and I like listening to you rapping, it's like having a mini concert for free." He grinned, his eyes twinkled. "Anyway, why did you record so many songs?" He gulped down most water on the bottle before turned his focus back to me. "It's for my album. We record many songs so that afterwards we can pick out the best ones." I nodded as we walked down the hall to the elevator. "So you're going to take photos for your album now?" His manager pushed the button to go down and we waited in front of the elevator "Yeah. After that the music video." I watched him. "You seem busy." He smirked as we entered the elevator.  "Why? You miss me already?" I laughed as I pushed his shoulder lightly. "Cocky dragon." He shrugged. "Youknow, if you're tired I can drive you home. Right, hyung?" His manager frowned. "What are you talking about?" I shook my head. "No, it's alright. I have trouble sleeping, so it's actually good for me to have some night activities, although I'm just going to be a water caretaker." I smiled playfully. He gave me a look as he ruffled my hair. "Aww, you know you mean so much more to me." And I froze. Get your grip together, Elle Eun Ji. He doesn't like you. He's just a sunbae. A really hot, nice, attractive sunbae. Damn it.

"Yes, that's right! Keep giving me that stare!" "Look a little bit to the right, yes, yes! Oh, I love that." "Look at me as if you're going to kill the camera! Give me that intense eye!" I watched him going back and forth around 5 times, changing his wardrobe. He looked really cool, sure. It was a dark and mysterious concept, I think. It actually fits GD a lot, but it's pretty different with how Ji usually is. I watched him with interest. Now that I think about it, G-Dragon and Kwon Jiyong is like 2 different people. It's like G-Dragon is his alter personality who pops out on several occasion. I rolled my eyes. I'm being so dramatic here. My phone buzzed. It's from Jess

R u eating @ home? They made us ur fav mushroom risotto.

I smiled and typed a response immediately.

Can't. helping GD with his photoshoot. Don't wait up. gonna come home late.

And my phone buzzed like in about 20 seconds.

OMG SHUT UP! Give me his private pics, or else. 

I laughed, realized that I haven't told her anything about my desicion nor my feelings

Not gonna do that. Anw, I've something to tell @ home.

U . Y? Is it dad? danny?

Nope. Gotta go. TTYL

I shoved my phone back to my pocket as Ji walked to me, already changed his clothes, and his thick eyeliner still there, intensify his eyes, looking as good as he ever be. He put a small smile on his lips. "Tired?" I smiled back as I took a good look on his handsome face. "I'm the one who's supposed to ask that to you. You just did a recording and photoshoot session. All I did was hanging around, doing absolutely nothing, other than watching you, it that counts. Do you want me to help you with anything?" We walked to the car. He opened the door for me and his manager began driving. He looked pretty tired. His makeup did a good job making his eyes pop and stuff, but still looking tired. I unconciously put my one hand on his cheek, cupping it."You look tired." I quickly realized my action and pulled my hand. I can feel heat crept up to my face. "Umm, sorry. I do that a lot to Jess, so it became pretty much a habit. But I think you need some rest." He smiled. "Yeah, I could use some sleep." He leaned his head to my shoulder and closed his eyes. "Umm.. what are you doing?" Cause my heart is having its own little party in there. "Shh, I'm trying to sleep here." I glanced at Ji, admiring his features. My attempt to lower my heart rate  failed miserably, and I can just hope he won't hear my heart.

I woke him after our 30 minutes ride passed and we arrived in front of a building. I asked him if we will record the MV as soon as we get there and he shook his head. "Today will be just a meeting. The director will tell me about the plot and stuff." The real shooting will begin tomorrow. " I nodded and he opened the white door for me. We greeted and they told us to sit down. "Who's that girl with you? A model?" He glanced at me, still smiling. "No, she came to watch. She's actually a trainee." The director turned his focus to me. "Elle, isn't it? Okay, so, Elle, we're maing a music video, it's a love story, and I think you'd be perfect for the model. It won't take you long, just 4 days, tops. What do you think, Elle, GD?" I ran out of words, and I glanced at Ji, asking him for help, who is looking as bewildered as I am. "Hyung, that's..." Good. I think if Ji told them that I'm pretty much not a model, they will.. "That's a really great idea!" Wait. What did he just said? "Elle, why don't you do it?" I coughed. "Huh? I'm not a professonal model, and are you sure I'm pretty enough to be on his video?" He laughed. "No, you're perfect! It's really easy. You just have to smile around and looking pretty. We were going to use Dara, but when we saw you, we know you're the perfect girl for GD." That sentence is so misleading. "Actually my man is calling your manager right now, and it seems that your manager is okay with that. So it's all set, right?" My head is currently spinning. Everything happened way too fast. I took another glance at Ji, who is looking at me with a twinkle on his eyes. Before my brain can process anything, I nodded and finally agreed.


Hey guyss! I think I'm on fire nowadays, and my ideas are pouring out. Actually I was going to make GD writing a special song for Elle, (actually I already wrote the lyrics myself), but... I'm not sure if it's good enough.... So.. I skipped that part in this chapter... Let's see about that in my upcoming chapter, shall we? What do you think? Should he write a song for Elle?

Anyway, tomorrow I'll begin my internship, and I think I'll be having less time to do this story, so I hope you like this chapter!

Comments, ideas, subscribe, upvotes, anything is warmly welcome! They literally make my day brighter and it makes me want to write some more!

And also, please let me know what do you think of my updates. :D Your opinion does matter!

 

Ciaooo and xoxo