19. Wake Me Up when It's All Over

One Magical Summer

Jess' POV

"She's not picking up." I bit my lips and looked up to see Yi Jung staring at me. Turns out that he wasn't cheating on me. She was his business partner- yes I'm dating a guy who is 6 years older than me- and she made it clear that she's not interested in men. "I think I'm going to wait for her." He shook his head. "No. It's really late and I don't want you all alone in this place. If she's not here in 15 minutes, I'm driving home." I nodded, redialing her number. The number you are calling is not available, please try again later. I cursed under my breath, trying to ignore the knot in my stomach. Where is she? 

I bid Yi Jung Oppa goodbye as I walked towards my house. I scanned the carports inside my house and frowned when I saw no sign of our pink audi. I dialled her number again. Still unavailable. She always tells me if she's staying at some friend's house or if she's not coming home. I entered her room. It's empty. My frown deepend. Probably she's just running out of battery and stayed over with Jiyong Oppa. Yes. That must be the case.

"Excuse me, miss." I tore my gaze from the dining table, wondering should I have bread or cereal for today's breakfast and glanced at Maddame Kim. "Yes?" She looked at me, her face full of worry. "The police are here." Huh? "Police? As in cops?" She nodded. "What do they want?" They can't arrest me because an underage teenager went to a club right? I didn't drink any alcohol nor taking any drugs. Okay, probably I took a couple of vodka shots, and couple glasses of martini, but that's not a good reason, right? She shook her head. "You should probably see them." I walked to the living room to see 2 cops standing. I stood up straight, trying not to look nervous as hell, like what I always see in movies. "Excuse me, miss Jessica. Are you familiar with the name Elle Eun Ji?" My heart stopped beating. "Yes. What happened with my sister?" Panic rushed in my head. A thousand what ifs popped and I felt weak and dizzy. Is she in trouble? Does it involved with why she didn't come home yesterday? I knew I should've checked on her. "Yesterday we got a report that your sister was involved in a car accident. We are investigating right now, but we believe it was a hit and run." My knees felt weak, and I sat down, not able to process the information. They didn't look sorry or showed any sympathy. "What? Why? Who did this? Where is she? Is she okay? I need to see her right now. It's not a prank, right? because if it is, it's not funny at all." I swore I will kill eonni if ir's one of her prank. One of them shook his head, and my heart sank. A huge part of me doesn't want to believe this as the truth. I wonder how they kept their poker face when they are telling me such a freaking shocking news in front of an almost mad teenager. "We don't know who did it yet." He explained patiently. "She's in Seoul Hospital right now. Where were you between 11-12 pm yesterday?" I felt sick. "Did you guys think I did this?" Tears started to fall freely. "Are you guys just that desperate to think I did this? I only have her for God's sake. Now if you don't have anything to do, please leave. I want to pay a visit to my sister."

Everything went in a blur after they left. My head was so occupied I couldn't think straight. Maddame Kim called our driver and told me that I better take a bath and prepare myself to go to the hospital. After I took the fastest shower ever, I went to the living room to find Maddame Kim with a huge bag on her hand, waiting for me, teary eyed. I started crying again. "Miss Elle will be alright. She's a strong girl." I glanced at Maddame Kim. She has been working for us ever since... forever. Her husband has passed away and she has no children, so we're like her daughters, and she's like our godmother. I heard the door opened and find our maid bowed down. "The driver has arrived." She held her hand, her eyes still red and teary. "Let's go." 

"Can you tell me your relationship with the patient?" The nurse in charge asked me. "We're her family." I answered, trying not to choke up. "My name is Jessica Eun Ji and she is our caretaker. Where is she?" She nodded and got up, started walking to the white, almost empty hallway. "Please follow me." "How is she?" I bit my lips. Please let her survive. Please. "She passed the critical condition." she opened a door and let us in. "That's good, right?" We passed 2 other patients and their family. I'm going to move her to VVIP room."Yes, that's a good thing." And then she opened a curtain, I assume that's my sister's. "She's still unconcious, and currently in coma." Tears started to form in my eyes. Coma? "Can I meet the doctor?" She nodded. "Sure. Please wait for a moment." "And please move her to VVIP room. I want a private and secluded room." She nodded "Sure. Right away." I walked to her bed and tears started falling, again. Her face void of makeup, her right hand is in cast and bandage on her head. I almost smiled at her perfect hair, and her perfect - slightly pale - face, even when in state coma. Once, I was jealous at her sort-of perfect attitude, and her sort-of perfect sculpted face, and her smartness, and everything. You'll be alright. I'm sure in no time you'll wake up and nag me as usual. Yes. You'll be alright. It's just another obstacle you have to go through. 

"She hit her head pretty bad, and she has some broken ribs and bones." The doctor finally spoke after what felt like forever. "Will she be alright?" He looked at me, his eyes unreadable. "She will if she managed to wake up from her coma. Other than medicines, emotion plays a huge part, and we will do our best, but still, the possiblities for the worst still there, and you should be prepared, because if she doesn't want to wake up.." He didn't continue and sighed. "We will do our best, you should pray for her too. Talk to her, she can hear you." She will wake up. I will take her to the best hospital in the whole world if that's what it takes. 

"Yesterday, turned out that Yi Jung wasn't cheating on me. It was all a big, fat misunderstanding." Silence fills the room. "Yes, I know you have been telling me how bad of a guy he is, but I really like him this time." My eyes watered. "Unnie, please answer me." I held her hand, too tired of crying. Madamme Kim walked and touched my shoulder. "I've contacted your parents. They are still in States and told me they will come home as soon as possible." I scoffed. What a bunch of crap. They wouldn't even change their schedule and probably will be back in a month. "Okay, thanks." She looked at me sadly, knowing all too well what kind of parents I have. "Do you want me to contact other people?" I thought for a while. "I'll do it myself. Thanks. You may go home. Today must be tiring for you." She nodded. "Thankyou miss. You should eat some food too, and take a rest. Please tell me if you need something." I nodded, although I have no appetite at all. I watched her leave and pulled out my phone. It's 3pm. Should be in 8 am in Paris. She should already awake by now. "Hello? Yeah, it's me, Jess. Ji Eun ah, how are you?" I'm listening to her with mixed feelings. "Me? I'm alright. Elle unnie is in hospital. I'm at the hospital right now." I smiled at her panicked voice. "A car accident. If you're not busy with your clothing line there, can you pay us a visit? Probably she wakes up by your presence. She always like you." I listened to her, feeling a little better now that I actually am talking to people. "She passed her critical stage, now she's in coma. Doctor doesn't know when she will wake up." My lips curled up in a smile as I listened to her comments. "Yeah, thanks. Sorry for taking your time." "I know. You're our most favorite cousin. Thanks. Bye." I put my phone down. "Did you hear that? Ji Eun will come and visit you!" I sat and a name crossed my mind all of sudden. I wonder if he's busy. I bit my lips. Will he pick my call? I took my phone out and scrolled down on my contacts. On the third dial he picked up. "Hello?"


Hiii everyoneeee! So... I've been receiving those sad comments about the last chapter... :( And I'm sorry, and grateful for you still taking your time to comment and subscribe although I've been such a bad author. Pleasee look forward to the next chapterr I promise you guys it'll be so much better. LOL. I'm writing at every chance I got on my phone, so just hopee I don't get new ideas when I'm in class because it'll be a problem for me. But please look forward to my writing *bows down*

Anywaayy... New ideas are still welcome! I love it when you take time to comment, and I promise I will reply your comments, so don't hesitate to comment, and subsribe, and upvote, whatever you need to do. And you can tell me if you have a fanfiction recommendations, because I love reading, it's like giving me a me time. Or any e-books. Do you guys read e-books? I usually download it from tuebl and read the reviews from goodreads.com. I loveee abby glines' work! You should totally read those. If you have any books recommendation, do tell!