10. When The Past Comes Around

One Magical Summer

Chapter 10

"How was G-Dragon Oppa? Did he hold your hand? Wait, what kind of movie did he picked? Or did he let you pick the movie? What kind of food did you guys ate? Did he paid for your meals?" I rolled my eyes as I enter our house. Of course, why on earth would I think she will let this go all that easily? "Hi to you too sis, I had a good time, thank you for asking." She pulled me to the couch. "Of course you had a wonderful time. It's my G-Dragon we're talking about." I scoffed. Hers? "So, how was the date? I still couldn't believe my beloved sister who wasn't a K-Pop fan would be so brave and ask my GD Oppa for a date. Nice move, sissy. Maybe GD Oppa likes agressive women. Although I really didn't see that coming from you." "For the twentieth time, it wasn't a date, and I'm still not a K-Pop fan." Probably not hating it, just... well, I don't think it's all that bad either. Totally won't admit this to Jess. "And, I didn't ask him for a date. It was me, redeeming my mistakes to him, and he also need a 'normal-people-experience' to write songs." She shakes her head. "Oh my lovely, innocent Elle Eonni. He's no novice. He's a professional music writer who don't need to do any research just to write songs. And he's a guy, and you obviously a pretty looking trainee, so of course he would take you out on a date. And his apartment is pretty far from here." I raised an eyebrow. "What? Of course I knew his address. Because I'm just that nice, I won't stalk him like a creppy ssaeng fan." I rolled my eyes. Aren't you already? "Anyway, no one would go to such trouble picking you up from there, not to mention riding his white bentley. What? You think I didn't know? Of course I would peek my big sister going on a date with my idol. My point is, he definitely tried to impress you, . Anyway, now that you've gone to a date, does this change your mind of going to Paris? Have you decided yet?" I let out a sigh. If only it were that easy to decide. "Personally, I think you should stay. It's kind of cool to have a big brother in law who happens to be an idol. Besides, I'm going to miss you if you leave." She shrugged. "Just... Just tell me if he hurts you, okay? As much as I like him, if he treated you the same way... you-know-who did, I would totally curse him and throw rotten eggs at his face. Okay, not his face. Probably his car. Wait, probably not. Anyway, I would still curse him and make little voodoo dolls." I chuckled. "It's not like we're going to talk again." She smiled. "Famous last words, sissy." She gets up and walked to the kitchen. "I'm going to have a hot chocolate. Do you want some? You know, to drink as you tell me the details about your date." Oh man, this is going to be a long night.

 

The next day comes off just as usual. More dance practice, more singing, more rapping, more language classes. I can do pretty well on them, except rapping. Really, no matter how hard I practiced, it just didn't come off like what I expected. And I hate being at the bottom of the class. Ever since I was a kid, being at the bottom is something my paretns loathed. Being the oldest, they expect me to do well. I have to be the perfect daughter, the perfect student, and it has been like that since forever that I don't know how to do something not in the perfect way. That's why it killed me not be able to do well in rapping. 

I listened to CL's song for the hundredth time already that I've memorized every part of the song, The Baddest Female with my blue Beats headphone as I tried to rap the song, waiting for the class to start. This time, I have to do well. 

"Good afternoon everyone! Did you practiced for today?" Jun Seonsaengnim's voice echoed through the room. I quickly put my headphone in my bag and look up. I almost choked at the sight I'm seeing right now in my very eyes. Jun Seonsaengnim isn't alone. He's with Jiyong Oppa. Great. Like this couldn't get any better. What is he doing anyway? "Well, as you can see, today you all will be getting some important lesson from G-Dragon. I don't think we need any more introduction, do we?" The class went wild as he gives off his signature smirk. Wait, let me rephrase. Those girls went wild when he gave his signature smirk. I couldn't help but smile. I bet Jess would kill to be in my position. "Well, today we will be having a group test. Now, shall we begin?" 

The first group killed the song, naturally. They did such a good job that I think the teacher was incredibly impressed. Jiyong seems also impressed too. I feddled with my Lucas Hugh shorts. It's going to be the death of me. Enough embarassment with the teacher and the class, now with him too? What if I screwed up? Gosh. I wish it's a dancing lesson. I let out a small groan as I sing my parts in my head. "Oh my gosh Elle, I don't think I can do well with G-Dragon Oppa watching me." I gave her a smile. I don't think I can do well even without him around.

Turns out that 'not doing well' is an understatement. I did badly. At least that's what I thought. "Aeri, Jessica, you did pretty good back there, just make sure you don't forget the lyrics like you did just now. Ga Eun, you did really well. As for Elle..." I hold my breath. Literally. "Actually you get all the lyrics correct, and you didn't miss any beat. But it still felt like your rapping is way too robotic." My heart sank. "What do you think, Yong?" Gosh. Can't this be even more embarassing? Suddenly I found my Bottega Venetta sneakers to be more appealing than listening him giving comments about my crappy ability to rap. He looked at Jun Seonsaengnim and thinks for a moment before answering. "Well, I think you guys did a good job, given the fact that you all seem to spend many hours to practice." Squeals. "But you see, it's not about how many amount of practice you do. You need to enjoy what you're doing." More squeals. I glanced at him, and he flash a boysih grin. He gets up from his seat and scan the room. "Rapping is like talking, but with rhytm. For me, it's like I'm speaking my heart out. Like this." 

Ayo! 
Finally! 
Is this what you've been waiting for? (brand new gd)
I'm all by myself, but it's all good
You're my heartbreaker (dj and yg)
Let me take this song

Nado eodiseo kkullijin anheo
Ajik sseulmanhan geol jukji anhasseo
Neohana ttaemune manggajin mom
Sarajin kkum motchatneun mam
Neol wihaeseoramyeon I han mom nallyeo
Niga inneun gosimyeon dallyeo
Hajiman geudaen naege annyeong tto annyeong

Neon naega shiltago
Iyuga mwonyago
Jasininneun nipyojeongi modeungeol malhaejwo seulpeugehae
Geuraedo jotago
Gihoereul dallaedo
Hanbeon doraseon nimoseup chagaun geu nunbichi shireoyo

No no
You're my heart heart heart heart heart breaker naega mwoljalmotaenneunji
You're my heart heart heart heart heart breaker no way no way

(Heartbreaker - G-Dragon)

I would be a complete liar if I said that wasn't great. It was breath-taking. Funny because I don't usualy like hip hop and rapping, but I don't know if it's his charm or his aura that makes me absorbed into his performance. I glanced at him as I clapped my hands. He was going to say another thing when a man come rushing, and talk to him - probably his manager. He whispered something to him and he left. "So, that's my cue. I guess I have to get going now." The class awwed in dissapointment. Well that's too bad. Our gaze meet for a miliseconds before s - yes, BigBang members - came rushing - of course earning them another shriek from those girls - and literally pulled him out. My lips curled up into a smile. They are impossible. I glanced at the closed door. Speaking my heart out, huh? It's worth a shot.

 

I groaned as I glanced at my watch. It's 8 pm already. I took another sip of my caramel latte and glanced at my surroundings. It was a cafe near YG, where she decided to give a shot of practicing rapping for a while. Turns out that 'a while' turns to 'a few hours', and I let out another sigh. Rapping really is hard. I pouted. Really. Even Seungri Oppa can do well in rapping, although he's a ballad singer. Don't ask me how I know that. Of course I know that, I have a walking BigBang dictionary in my house. I smiled, remembering how crazy she will be when I told her that -

"Hey." I looked up, and my jaw nearly dropped. "Oh, annyeong." I gave a small wave. "What are you doing here?" Stupid Elle, he can be anywhere he wants. What do you care? I felt heat crept up to my face. "Oh, I mean, I guess since you seem busy and anything, and is is okay to wander off alone? What if a creepy fan stalked you?" Great, Elle. Way to start a conversation. He laughs. "You know, just chilling. We like to come here too, to take a break." He glanced at a busy Seungri carrying everyone's coffee and the other members laughing. I chuckled. Poor Seungri Oppa. "What about you?" This is so embarassing. "Well... I'm practicing my rapping?" He raised his brows. How can a guy wear eyeliner and still look good in it? I forced myself to speak, not wanting to make a fool of myself. "Well, I clearly couldn't practice at home, since Jess will totally laugh at my failed attempts." She already did, actually. I pointed my laptop and showed him some songs' lyrics. "So, I practiced here, and I guess I got carried away." I shrugged. "Oh! Elle, isn't it?" Seungri's voice chripped up. He puts down those glasses of coffee he brought and some pieces of cake. And then he sat next to me, followed by the others. "What are you doing? Not going home? It's dangerous for pretty girls, coming home at late night. People can do dangerous things you know." TOP rolls his eyes. "The only dangerous one is you." I let out a laugh. "Well, I'm practicing my rapping? I couldn't do really well on it." His face lit up. "Oh, I can teach you." And earns a smack on his head from Jiyong Oppa. "Just work on your dancing moves. You haven't even memorized them correctly." He mumbled something and turn his head to me. "Don't even dare to ask him for lesson, Elle. He's really scary when he teac- Oww!" Another smack. This time by Taeyang. "Shut up, maknae. " I bit my lips, biting my laugh. "Why don't you try rapping, Elle? And we can tell you how to improve." Taeyang flash his genuine smile. Really? Embarassing myself in front of them? Well, whatever. I bit my lips. "Well, it's really embarassing. And you have to promise you won't laugh." Jiyong gives me an amused look. "Of course we won't." 

This one is for the boys with the booming system
Top down, AC with the cooling system
When he come up in the club, he be blazin' up
Got stacks on deck like he savin' up

And he ill, he real, he might got a deal
He pop bottles and he got the right kind of bill
He cold, he dope, he might sell coke
He always in the air, but he never fly coach

(Superbass - Nicki Minaj)

 

I stopped, not wanting to make even more embarassment of myself, and focused on my caramel latte, trying to hide my crimson face. "Actually, your technique was pretty good." I look up and my gaze meet to TOP's. "Really?" My voice couldn't hide my excitement. "But it was too... stiff." My shoulder sank. "What should I do about them? I've practiced my off, and still couldn't do well." Jiyong Oppa's gaze drills into mine. "You focused way too much on the lyrics and the technique. You need to feel what the singer feels when she is rapping." "It's actually quite alike with singing, but at rapping, you need to talk it out rather than sing it out. You still need to understand the emotions going on with the song, you get me?" Seungri Oppa added. 

After a good 10 minutes I spent with BigBang members, my driver texted me that he's arrived to pick me up. Taking it as my cue, I bid them goodbye. Yes, I forbid him to come and personally tells me if my ride has arrived. Well, I don't want another scene, and I don't want to be taken as a spoiled rich brat. Duh. I flopped down in my Benz SL Class and check my phone. Mom. Dad. Ji Hoo. I rolled my eyes. He still tried to date me? No offesse, but I don't really fond of a guy whose saliva is drooling all over any girl who come across, not to mention he has a bad breath. Gross. I opened Jess' message. 

Hey sis. I'm staying over at Ga Eun's 2nite. Dont wait up for me, k? How's ur day? 

I sighed. Well that pretty much . I was going to reply when my phone rang. Mom. I take a deep breath and press the answer button.

"Yes, mom?" 

"Oh honey, have you gotten our present yet?" 

Huh? "What present?"

She let out a laugh. "Oh stupid girl, of course it's your birthday present. Bought you a white Aston Martin. You mention about not liking the color of pink and that your favorite color is white?"

An ache fills my heart. "Mom, my birthday is next month." And it's not white. It's blue.

She let out another laugh. Dry and sour. As usual. "Well consider it as an early present then." I bit my lips. What kind of mom who forgets her daughter birthday?

She continued talking in her usual forced tone, as if trying to be somewhat bubbly and excited. "Anyway, how's your trainee thingy going? You're not seriously considering working in  that kind of business, are you?" 

I closed my eyes shut. "Don't say it as it's some kind of low profession, mom." 

Silence fills for a second. "But it is." 

"Mom-" 

"You know what? I'm not having this conversation with you. I believe you're mature enough to decide between your kind of hobby and Yale. You know you're accepted at Yale, right?"

I stayed silent, knowing where this conversation is going. My mom took it as a cue to talk me up some more.

"Good. Just give me best regards to your sister."

And she hung up. Not even bother saying her daughter's name. What a good mother.

I let out another sigh and replied Jess' message.

U :/ Bigbang just taught me how to rap. ha. I know you envied me rite now. :p Anw, mom bought me white Aston Martin. For bday present. She's so out of it. Life .

It didn't even took me 30 seconds until my phone vibrates.

OMG r u serious? Gosh wish i were u. well, tht , mom being our crappy mom. want me 2 ditch slpovr? need someone 2 talk?

I hesitated. I know she would be more than okay to ditch her sleepover, but I know for sure too, Ga Eun is her important friend. Growing up, we don't have many friends, just a pile of teachers, from manners to maths, but not friends. Ga Eun, is pretty much like us. Not many friends, left by our parents. She's one year older than me, but still childish and bubbly. She and Jess hit it off, and me, being the older one, has to throw me with those pile of high expectations my parents have.

Nah, I'm fine. Just arrived home. u go have fun.

K. TTYL. cheer up. Call GD if u lonely. :p

I laughed as my chauffeur opens the door for me. "Miss, you have a guest." Huh. Who could that be? "Who is it?" He walked by me, walking past through the fancy car my parents bought me, not minding the huge ribbon on it nor the card on the wiper. "It's a guy. He arrived when I was going to pick you up. Madamme Kim - that's my head maid- said he's a friend of you, so she let him in. I nodded. "Thanks. You may go now." 

I opened the door as I typed another message to Jess. "Hey Elle, it's been a while." I look up, and clenched my phone. No way. "Miss me much?" He let out a deep chuckle. "You still look the same." I held my breath and let out a whisper. "Danny." 


Hey guys! So, here's the new update I promised :3

For those who are curious, my holiday went really good! It's just me, my big brother, and my cousin (and her husband). No parents! Yaayy! And our weren't that big, so we had crazy fun. I went to Melaka, it was totally cool, and the architecture were interesting. It was hot though, and I get to wear y clothes without any nagging from my parents. (teehee, sorry mom). And thankyou for your suggestion, I went to Bugis and bought some cute presents for my friends, and cheap too! I went to River Safari and saw red panda. OMG IT WAS LITERALLY THE CUTEST THING ON EARTH! I wishhhh I can keep him! (or her?) OMG. Anyway, my ideas are literally pouring out! I even got some ideas for GD's point of view story, and got some ideas for new stories. So, please keep me updated. I think if this continues, probably 2moro, there will be another update. :D

Thankyou for you new subscribers, and the ones who are nice enough to bear with me. :)

Comments, new ideas, new subscribers, and upvotes are much welcome! >.<