My Days with an Ex-Angel

Forever to Never (MBLAQ oneshots)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This story is a continuation of Chapter Seven: You Are My Wings.  I strongly advise that you re-read or skim that chapter just to refresh youself so reading this won't be too confusing. 

ALSO MBLAQ HAS REACHED THEIR 1000 DAYS!!! IM SO PROUD OF THEM!! LET'S SUPPORT MBLAQ FOREVER FOR THE NEXT 1000 DAYS AND MANY MORE TO COME <3333

            I’m the luckiest girl alive.  Do you know why I am?  Well, let me tell you. I have the greatest boyfriend on earth…and maybe even the heavens.  No I am not this delusional girl who is in love.  Okay, I am in love, but I’m serious.  My boyfriend is an angel.  Before you go and say that I am indeed crazy, let me tell you that my boyfriend really, literally, is an angel.

            He had wings, he had the tattoo that is worn by all angels, he has the muscular body, even the fiery golden eyes. 

            My G.O was an angel.  He was my guardian angel in fact. 

            He lost his wings to be with me.  So he’s not an angel anymore.  But to me he is.  He saved my life before and maybe it's a little too cheesy to say that he saved me more than once.  The first time he saved me from falling to my death and the second time he saved me from a life full of sadness. 

            Okay I’ll shut up now.  I’m at G.O’s house anyway. 

 

            I knock on his small studio apartment door and it swings open and I see him smiling at me.  He takes no time in bringing me into his cozy little apartment and wrapping me into a warm hug. 

            I quickly return it and as soon as he lets go, I scold him.

            “What did I tell you about walking around here !” I pick up a shirt from a chair and stuff it into his hands.

            “I’m not ,” he laughs at me, but puts on the shirt nonetheless.

            He has the greatest body of anybody I know.  He’s tan and muscular.  Not too muscular but muscular enough.  And he has no flaws, because he was a friggin angel. His skin is perfect!  Yes, being an ex-angel has its advantages.  Hell, being an ex-angel’s girlfriend has its advantages.

            “Are you jealous?” he tugs at my nose and then squishes it.  He just loves doing that because he knows it annoys the hell out of me.

            “G.O!” I exclaim.  I push him onto the couch and he just laughs.  He gets up and quickly kisses my forehead.

            “You’re just too adorable when you’re annoyed.”  He kisses my nose and I feel my cheeks burn up.  You’d think after going out with this guy for half a year in high school and then one year in college that you’d be used to all of his romantic and cute actions to me, but it still gets my heart beating every time.

            “My girlfriend is too cute,” G.O says with a smile.  He picks me up bridal style and throws me onto the couch. 

            Soon after he collapses onto it next to me and initiates a tickle war. 

           

            “I don’t know why you like crap like this,” G.O says as he points at the TV.  We just finished my favorite movie of all time, Titanic.

            “What don’t you like about it?  It’s a classic!” I exclaim.

            “They don’t even end up together!  He freezes to death.  How is that romantic?”

            “Um…hello did you not get the whole story of a rich girl falling for a poor guy.  And despite these differences they find love in just a short amount of time.  A true love that even if short, lasts a whole lifetime.  And the ending!  They’re together after death!”

            G.O laughs as he squishes my nose again, “I love when you get annoyed.”  He sticks out his tongue and buries his head in my shoulder.  My boyfriend is an idiot. 

            “I am so annoyed right now!”

            “Baby, come on.  You know I love that movie,” he looks me in the eyes, “a love that lasts a lifetime.  Kind of like ours.”

            “Our lifetime hasn’t even finished yet, Mr,” I push him away so I can look at him.

            “But we already proved nothing can keep us apart,” G.O says.  He pushes against my arms that are holding him away from me and the next second his lips are covering mine. 

 

            “Hey!”

            I turn around to see G.O’s good friend Seungho.  Actually I’ve known Seungho for a long time too, probably longer than G.O and Seungho have known each other.  We all went to high school together.  Even though Seungho and G.O are best friends, Seungho is like my older brother. 

            “Oh hey, Seungho!” I wave at him as he runs up to me.  I’m in my first year of grad school and Seungho works right near my school.  So we see each other quite a lot. 

            “How is he?” Seungho reaches me and quickly pulls me into a one-armed hug. 

            “What do you mean?” I ask.  I know he’s talking about G.O but I don’t get what he’s asking.

            Seungho pulls back from the hug and eyes me warily, “You don’t know?  G.O’s been telling me he’s been having problems recently.”

            “Problems?” I ask, “What kind of problems?” I pull Seungho to me.  My eyes are wide and I’m freaking out.  I  must honestly look like I’m about to kill him.  He even pushes me away so I’m an arm’s length away.

            “It’s nothing,” he says silently, “So where do you want to go to lunch?”

            “Nothing?  It’s the first thing you said to me when you saw me!” I push him against the wall.  Yeah I can be pretty tough when I want to be, “Yang Seungho, tell me what is wrong with G.O.”   Forgot about honorifics, I need to find out this information!

          “He’s been feeling some pain lately. He has bruises on his body and he doesn’t know where they came from.” 

            “But!” I think about how we were playing around yesterday.  Don’t get any ideas!  We were having tickle wars!  And he seemed the same as he always was.  Teasing, joyful and just simply G.O.  He didn’t seem to be in pain.  He didn’t have any bruises on him.  Remember he didn’t have a shirt on?  *drools* So what the heck is Seungho smoking to think something like this.

            “You’re good,” I say to Seungho as I pat him on the back.

            “I’m serious!” Seungho exclaims.  He fixes his shirt.

            “G.O’s fine,” I walk away into a pizza shop, “And you’re paying.”

 

            “Hey open up the door,” I exclaim as I knock repeatedly on G.O’s door.  I have two dvds in my hand, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and The Notebook. Yes G.O you are going to love this movie marathon!

            But the door doesn’t open and I start worrying.  Curse Seungho and what he said earlier.  Is G.O really hurt?  I’m about to call for help when the door swings open and I see G.O smiling back at me.  He’s in the middle of putting on a shirt and pulls my hand inside the apartment.

            “What took so long?” I question suspiciously.

            “If you’re thinking about whether I’m cheating on you or not, she just went out the fire escape.”  G.O squishes my nose (of course) and grabs the dvds from my hands.

            I run at him and jump onto his back.  He stumbles at first but he quickly hooks his arms around my legs so he can give me a piggy back ride.

            “You’re okay right?  Seungho told me you were…in pain?”

            G.O stops, but turns to me with a smile.

            “Honey, as long as you’re here, I’m always going to be okay.” He gently lays me down on the couch and goes over to pick up the dropped dvds.  He freezes for a second as he bends over and I see pain go through his eyes.  But it’s only for a second; he picks up the dvds and pushes The Notebook into the dvd player. 

           

            I squirm on the couch and open my eyes.  I must have fallen asleep.  G.O’s arms are tight around me and he’s sleeping too.  I put my head onto his chest and just listen to his heartbeat.  His heartbeat is different from our heartbeats.  From human heartbeats.  It beats very fast, like about 200 beats per minute.  That’s about three times more than a normal heart. 

            But something is different this time.  His heart is still beating quicker than a normal heartbeat but not as quick as it used to and this worries me.  I quickly poke him awake and fangirl internally when I see him stretch and greet me with his sun warming smile. 

            “Hey, sleepyhead,” he moves his face forward to give me a light kiss. 

            “Your heart…isn’t beating as fast,” I say.  I put my hand to his heart and he looks down at it.  I see his eyes widen for a second before he takes my hand off, “Maybe it’s because I’m becoming more human.  Hey…hey why are you crying?” G.O quickly takes my face into his warm hands and uses his thumb to wipe away tears that are now falling down my cheeks. 

            “You’re not okay are you?”

            G.O’s eyes lose that shine they usually have and his smile turns into a frown. 

            “You know I love you right,” G.O is looking at me seriously and I only nod because I’m mentally and emotionally preparing myself for the bad news.

            “I love you so much.  I would’ve done the same thing a hundred times if I had to, so I don’t want you to beat yourself about it.”

            “What are you talking about?” I grab onto the hands that are on my face and pull them down so I can look at him. 

            “Angels can’t live on earth for a long amount of time if they aren’t guardian angels.”

            “But you’re not an angel.  You lost your wings!  You told me!” I exclaim.  I get up off the couch and G.O is quick to pull me into his embrace.

            “I did.  I did lose my wings but I still have all the genetic makeup of an angel.”  I feel him gently caress my hair, “The last year with you has been amazing.  But…I don’t think I have much time left on earth.”

            “No!” I exclaim.  I break away from him, “You’re lying!  It’s not possible!  We’ve only been together for a year!  You can’t!  It’s supposed to be forever!  Why!  If you knew this would happen why would you do this?” I wanted to run away from the apartment but I collapse onto the ground with tears falling like a waterfall down my cheeks.

            “Because I wouldn’t be able to live without you in heaven.  A year…even if it’s only a year, would be worth a lifetime if I could spend it with you.”

            “You’re so selfish!” I exclaim, “Did you ever think about me?  Did you ever think how I would feel when you left!  You can’t!  You just can’t!” 

            G.O falls to the ground beside me and gently my hair, “Maybe I am selfish.  But I couldn’t stay away even if I wanted to.” 

            He grabs a loose strand of my hair and moves it behind my ear and I notice that G.O’s arm has a sickly purple bruise on it. 

            “We need to take you to a hospital!” I exclaim as I grab onto his arm.  G.O just shakes his head sadly.

            “It has nothing to do with that.  My human body is just rejecting my angel genetics.  It’s a different way of decomposing,” he looks at me with a small smile, “But I’m still me.”

 

            The next few weeks go by really quick.  I spend every day with G.O.  Sometimes we act like it’s a normal day.  We argue, we fight, we watch movies and fall asleep together on the couch.  And it makes it easier to forget.  G.O is still the same.  He has that shine in his eyes and he still smiles whenever he sees me.  He’s still the same old dork.  

            But most days we go out.  We travel to beautiful places and eat expensive dinners.  We make most of what life should be. 

            But it gets harder.  It gets harder to go out because G.O’s skin is turning a purplish blue and it’s getting harder for him to breathe or even walk.  I see him like this and I feel like I’m dying along with him.  It’s so hard to see him like this.  I can actually see him getting weaker in front of my eyes.  My angel. 

           

I’m making some oatmeal in the kitchen now.  G.O is in his room.  He’s gotten to the point where he can’t even get out of bed.  I remember first walking into the room and seeing him in bed.  He was in pain, I could tell, but he still smiled at me. 

            “Make me breakfast in bed, honey and we can watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s.”  My movie tastes must have really affected him. 

            But it’s hard for G.O to swallow anything nowadays so I’m here making him oatmeal.  Oatmeal.  Isn’t it so romantic?  As I draw nearer to his room I hear another voice that isn’t G.O’s.  An accented, majestic voice.  And even though the door is closed I can see a bright light coming from underneath the door crack.    

            “What are you doing to yourself G.O?”      

            “You know the process of dying, don’t you?” G.O’s light humorous voice answers the stranger’s.

            “This is too much.  You’re doing this for a human?”

            “You could never understand love, Thunder,” G.O’s voice was a little threatening.

            “You are one of our best angels.  The higher sanction have agreed to grant you what no other ex-angel has been given before.  You have been given the honor to become a full angel again.” 

            There was a sharp intake of breath, “And that’s it?  I can go back to heaven like that?”

            “Of course all of your memories here on earth will be erased,” Thunder spoke simply, “Just take my hand G.O and we can both go home.”

            “No.  I can’t do that.  I can’t just forget everything.” 

            I couldn’t take it anymore.  I broke into the room.

            “You have to.” 

            I have to shield my eyes from the bright light standing near the window.  The angel named Thunder was emitting a glow that made it hard to look at him.  But from the short glimpse I caught of him, I knew he was just wearing a loin cloth and had bright blond hair. 

            “I don’t want to,” G.O said.  He turned around in bed so his back was facing me, “Go away, Thunder.  Your visit here has been useless.”

            “G.O!” I run to him and put a hand on him.  His skin has become so blue and it’s cold to the touch. 

            “If you love me, you’ll do this!  I don’t want you to die! If you die, I die,” my tears are wetting his neck and he turns around and squishes my nose.

            “I can’t.  I can’t forget all of this.  I don’t want to forget you.” 

            “Stop being so selfish for once,” I put my hands on his cheeks, “I need you to be okay.  If you love me, you’ll become an angel again.” 

            G.O turned his head to look at Thunder and I saw longing reflected in his eyes.

            “I would rather die than forget you.”

            “Stupid!” I exclaim, “Our love is forever, remember?” I pull out that winged necklace he gave me back in high school, “It brought us back together.”

            “This is different.  I won’t come back,” G.O said.  He turned to me with a sad look in his eyes.

            “But at least I would know you were okay,” I put my head down on his chest, “Just do this for me.”

            He pats my head gently and it felt like five minutes before he answered, “I’ll do it then.”

            I get up and he moves rather stiffly off of the bed and towards the glowing figure at the corner of the room.  He kneels down before Thunder, who puts a hand on his shoulder.  

            “You have to swear the oath.”

            G.O spoke in a random language that I didn’t understand and right before my eyes his blue skin turned to a normal shade of tan.  After that, his skin began to become lighter and then it started to glow. 

            G.O finished with a roar and white wings came out of his body and took up almost all the space in the room.  His eyes were blue and he turned them to me. 

            “I’ll always love you, no matter what.  Don’t forget that,” he whispers.  Thunder puts a hand to the side of G.O’s head and I see G.O’s sharp eyes lose clarity, lose recognition. 

            I only blink once, but when I open my eyes, they’re both gone.       

 

I have three more oneshots to do before I'm ending this series.  But don't worry because once it ends, I'm going to have a little surprise for you guys ^.^