I Do Know You

Forever to Never (MBLAQ oneshots)

Hey Guys I decided to let all members get three stories but that's still plenty of time!!! :D  also I have an alternate ending to this story which includes my original idea.  the title is blue so don't read if you like the original ending. 

            “Class!  The essays that we submitted last week have all been read and the winner is in this class!” The overly energetic teacher was practically jumping when she entered the class. Her wispy brown hair was wind-blown and her glasses were slipping down her nose. 

            I look up excitedly.  I had worked days on that essay.  Usually an acceptable essay for me consists of 30 minutes before class.  English is my favorite class so I’m fairly good at it.  I don’t want to brag but compared to these idiots, at this I turn to someone particular in class, I’m probably a genius.  So I really wanted to win this essay.  The prize is $1,000.  Okay, so for some people, it’s not a lot, especially if you go to this college, but I could use that money to buy textbooks.  Damn the books here are expensive and this school definitely milks me for my money. 

            So I glance around the room.  I see all these hopeful eyes staring at the teacher, mirroring my excitement as well.  Well except one kid.  

            “It’s Bang Cheolyong!  His essay was magnificently well written!”  My mouth drops at the name as the teacher walks past desks to reach him in the back of the class.  She hands him an envelope and he hesitantly accepts it.  He must be feeling what I’m feeling right now. 

            “Seriously?” I whisper.  I turn to my best friend Lee Joon, “That guy’s Engrish?  He’s horrible in this class.  There’s no way!”

            “Stop being dramatic,” Joon slightly pushes me but retracts his hands when he sees the look on my face. 

            “No fricking way!” I say under my breath. 

 

            As soon as class ends, I try to pack my things quickly.  Joon sped off to his next class alredy.  I hate this class now.  No way in hell could someone like Bang Cheolyong have written a better essay than me!  What kind of name is Bang Cheolyong anyway?  A weird farmer name?  Jeez no one has that kind of name.

           And I haven’t even begun on his hair!  Okay so it’s about the third month of school and he’s already had red, black, blond, and white hair.  He’s had it mop like, short and spiky and now he has this weird thing where it’s short and blond but you can see his black hair on the sides.  These Koreans are extremely weird when it comes to hair.  Okay so I dye my hair too and occasionally go through different hairstyles but not in the span of three months.  Seriously!  

            I’m about to put away my things when I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see that Bang guy looking at me.  He smiles and it’s the goofiest smile I’ve ever seen that I can’t help but laugh.  But because it’s goofy not because it’s cute.  Definitely not because it’s cute. 

            “What do you want?” I say through gritted teeth.  He backs away slightly at my harsh tone. 

            “Um I’m really sorry that I won,” he says softly.

            “HUH?” I can’t help the surprise that comes out of my tone.  Was he apologizing for winning?

            “You probably should have won.  You’re a better writer.”

            “Well I’m glad someone noticed,” I say to him.  I look at him weirdly.  This guy was a complete mystery.  He doesn’t speak in class but I know enough that he isn’t a great writer at all.  He hardly speaks English because he’s Korean.  But he has the nerve to talk to me?  Does he think I’m approachable?  Hell no.  I’m a tough one!

            “Hey do you wanna—“ he begins and I glare at him, stopping him midsentence.

            “Don’t finish your sentence.  I don’t want anything from you, especially not your pity.” 

            I quickly storm out of there.  That kid….where do I even begin.  Aish, so weird. 

           I turn back to him and see his eyes are wide-eyed and his mouth is hanging slightly open.  I smirk at the sight. 

 

            “So where do you wanna go?” Joon asked as we walk to his car, “Hey, it’s that Bang guy again.” I see him pointing at someone and sure enough it’s him.  He doesn’t seem to notice us as he gets on his yellow bike and starts pedaling off. 

            “Yeah, he tried to talk to me after class today.” I get into Joon’s car.

          “Really?” Joon raised an eyebrow as he gets in the car, “What did I miss?  Did he ask you our or something?”

            “Ha!  He stole that award from me!  He really is dumb if he thinks I would go out with him.”

            “Anyway, everyone knows your mine,” Joon grinned as he put an arm around me.

            “Ewwww.  That’s disgusting.” I pretend to gag as he laughs. 

            “We make sense.” 

            “We’ve been best friends forever.  It would be weird, don’t you think? Let’s go,” I say and we drive off.

            A couple of minutes later, he drops me off at my house.

            “Hey movie tonight!” Joon says.  I nod and wave as he drives off.  As the car moves, I see someone familiar driving his bicycle up my street.  I hide around the side of my house so I can’t be seen but I can see him.   

            What the hell? Is this guy stalking me now? 

            Cheolyong is panting heavily as he keeps on pedaling.  I live on a hill you see.  He stops across the street from my house and puts his bicycle by the side of a tree.  He wipes his forehead and sits by the sidewalk. 

            Okay so he’s staking out my house.  Damn, first he has the nerve to beat me in English with his own engrish and now he has the nerve to stalk me????? Someone’s is about to meet my foot right now!  I’m about to get out of my hiding place when he gets back on his bike and pedals off.

            And now I’m curious.  So I run to my garage and take out my scooter.  And no it’s not the electronic ones.  It’s no better than a skateboard.  And I run after him.  By the time I reach the top of the hill I’m dead.  I can’t breathe.  I’m about to have a heart attack.  All I can say is that I’m glad it’s all downhill from here.  So I push off the hill and ride down that hill as fast as the speed of light.  Okay I’m exaggerating, but it’s fast enough to have the wind knocked out of me and my hair flying behind me like I’m Power Girl or something. 

            When I reach the bottom, I look like a mad woman with my hair everywhere.  And I have dried up wide eyes, but I don’t see that guy anywhere.  Seriously, this guy always makes me look like a really unflattering person. 

            I scooter around town hoping to see where he could’ve went but I don’t see anything.  I’m about to give up when I see his yellow bike by the side of the orphanage.  I stop in my tracks as I walk beside his bike.  Is he an orphan? 

            “Um what are you doing here?” I turn around to see him looking at me.

            “Are you?  Are you?” I stutter.  Okay so I’ve been caught red-handed….stalking him.

            “No,” he holds out both hands, “I volunteer here.  The kids are fun.  They deserve to be happy so I come here every Wednesday to play with them.  They’re really nice kids,” he smiles that goofy smile again but this time I don’t find it goofy. 

            “Oh,” is all I can say.

            “So what are you doing here?” he asks as he gets on his bike. 

            “None of your business,” I snap.  I get on my scooter and scoot away. 

            But it only takes a few seconds before he catches up and is pedaling right beside me at a leisurely pace. 

            “You’re going this way? I’m going this way too!” he says.

            I silently try to outrun him by pushing the scooter even harder but he just speeds up only slightly before he’s right next to me again.

            ‘You don’t talk much do you?” he asks.  Deep down inside I’m thinking, ‘You’re one to talk.  You don’t talk in class for three months and when you do, it’s to me?’

            “Are you still mad at me because I won? I know you really wanted to win.” 

            Mad because he won? Hmph yeah how could he possibly come to that conclusion?  We’re now at the bottom of the hill and I just want to drop dead now.  How am I going to, not only escape this guy next to me, but go up that hill at the same time?  I’m not Power Girl! 

            He looks up at the hill too and I can see his expression kind of mirrors mine. 

            “Well let’s go then!” he says brightly and starts pedaling like crazy up that hill.  Even I’m impressed.  I’m about to push my scooter when I think of a brilliant solution to both my problems.  I’ll just stick around town for now.  That way he is the one leaving me and I don’t have to go up the hill yet. 

            He’s about halfway up the hill and I still see his mouth moving.  He thinks I’m behind him.  Ba! I quickly scooter to a coffee shop to re-energize.  Let him worry when he realizes I’m not there. Not that he’d worry or anything. 

 

            “Okay you’ll never guess what that kid asked me today,” Joon sat next to me at lunch with an apple stuck in his mouth and an overflowing tray of food.

            “That you shouldn’t do that?” I say in a Joon impersonation as I pointed at his apple.  It was making his mouth form a gigantic O.  I wonder how he even asked me a question. 

            “He asked me if you were okay.  I think he likes you.” He took out his apple and started chomping it while making side glances at me.    

            “He what?” I exclaim, “Why would he ask something like that?” I pause, “Who are we talking about?”

            “That Bang guy.  He says you could have been kidnapped.”

            “Seriously?” I laugh out loud, “That kid is seriously weird.” 

            “He’s pretty cute,” Joon nudges me.

            “Then you go out with him then!” I punch him and get up.  I’ll just go to class early. 

            But I forgot that my next class is the one with him.  Oh please let him not be there. 

            I enter class and see him sleeping at his desk at the back of the class.  Okay, so I guess God just doesn’t like me. 

            I walk in as quietly as I can, acting all spy-like.  But I can’t help the sound of metal on floor as I push back my chair and his head springs up. 

            “Good morning, Professor!” he says with a smile.  But a confused expression comes over his face as he sees me instead.   I turn around so my back is facing him. 

            “So you are alive,” he says grimly. 

            “Why wouldn’t I be?” I ask without turning around.    

            There was silence and I slowly turn around to see him sleeping at his desk again.

            “Hey!  You fell asleep while talking to me? You’ve got nerve, Bang Cheolyong!” I get up from my seat until I tower above him so my shadow falls on his desk.  He lifts up his head and I see bags under his eyes.

            “It’s Mir.”

            “What is?”

            “My name,” he rolls his eyes and drops his head on the desk again.

            “Why do you look so ugly today?” I ask.  That was my way of asking why he had bags under his eyes, okay?  I don’t think he’s that ugly. 

            “I ooz unkin woo gyu.”

          “What does Woohyun and Sunggyu have to do with this?” I pause and think about this then say, “Oh.  I see.”  Okay so I guess I don’t have a chance.  Wait, why would I even want a chance with him?  God I’m going crazy.  I need to keep away from this kid. 

            “I was looking for you,” he lifts his head and I see he has warm mocha brown eyes.  And I love mocha coffee.  Okay off topic. 

            “Why would you do that?” I exclaim. 

            “I thought you were kidnapped!” Mir’s eyes were glaring at me, “You’re behind me one minute and then the next you’re not.”

            “Well actually I wasn’t behind you for a couple of minutes,” I automatically correct.  He stayed up all night looking for me?  He really thought I was kidnapped?  I couldn’t believe he would do something like that for me!  But at the same time how could he be so stupid? 

            “I’m sorry,” I sit down at the desk in front of him and awkwardly pat his head.  So I’m new at this showing affection or appreciation thing, okay?

            His head shoots up and he grabs my hand, “Hey I’m not a dog okay?  And your sorry isn’t going to erase all of the worrying I did last night.”

            “Why did you worry about me anyway?” I ask. 

            “You’re an idiot you know that,” he murmurs with his head back on his desk.

            “Hey!  What did you just call me?” I’m about to smack him but I put both my hands on his shoulders instead and say softly, “I’m sorry okay?  I didn’t think you would think that I was kidnapped.  I can handle myself you know.”

            “I can see that,” Mir murmurs. His hand flies out of nowhere and makes a shoo motion. 

            Is he turning me down?  What the heck?  Okay, seriously this guy is making me crazy.  Nothing is normal when I’m around him. 

           I mean I’m trying to apologize. I really feel guilty that he lost sleep over me.  I didn’t know he cared so much.  No one has ever cared that much…well maybe except for my best friend.  But I hardly know this guy and he’s smiling (which I find not only goofy but cute now) and talking to me (and I like when he talks to me) and even spending his night looking for me (I don’t even know why I feel so touched).

            His head is on a piece of paper and my mind immediately switches to competitive mode.  I can’t help it.  Some things will never change.  I grab it. I want to see why his English is so good, enough to win that essay. 

            I can tell he feels the paper being grabbed from him but he lifts his head a little, letting me take it. 

            “So this is your award winning essay?” I ask him but he’s silent.  He’s stiff and not moving.  I almost want to tap him because he might be dead. 

            I read the essay.  I must admit, it’s good.  The essay topic was to write about someone we admire.  I know right?  So cliché for college, but whatever.  And I wrote it about Benjamin Franklin.  Hey before you criticize me: Benjamin Franklin is awesome! 

            “You really admire this person a lot.  I have to admit even I’m impressed.” 

            Mir lifts his head up from the desk and he looks more awake than ever.

            “Yeah it’s about someone I love.”

            “Oh,” I say.  I feel kind of disappointed. 

            His hand grabs mine and I shift back slightly but don’t pull away.

            “It’s about you.”

            “What?”  That essay was about me?  I couldn’t believe it.  The feelings he felt for that person were so strong. He wrote out how her flaws were strengths that made him admire her even more.  He knew her down to the t.  He looked up at her like a goddess or something.  NO way in hell could that be me.  I mean look at me!

            “I’m not that stubborn!” I say as I take back my hand. 

            He raises an eyebrow, “You’re kidding right?” There’s a hint of sarcasm in his voice. 

            “You…you..”

            “You like me too?”

            “You’re crazy!” I exclaim as I near him, “Writing an essay about me?  You don’t know me!”  It was frightening because as I thought about the essay again, it really was me. 

            Mir shrugged, “Maybe I don’t.  I won anyway.”  

            I was totally speechless.  He had no shame, really this kid. 

            One of my classmates, G.O, walks into the room and sees me looking at him.  He eyes Mir and raises an eyebrow.  Mir nods with a smile.  The class starts coming in and I slowly walk back to my seat, still casting glances at Mir.

            “So what happened?” Joon asks as he takes his seat next to mine, but I’m too distracted to answer. 

            By the end of the class I can seriously say I didn’t learn .  I was too busy thinking about that essay Mir had written and how he tried to look for me after I left him at the hill.  I thought about how caring he was for the kids at the orphanage and how his goofy smile now makes knots in my stomach.  He makes me crazy!

           I put my books in my bag and see Mir pass by my desk.  Before I know what I’m doing, I grab onto his hand.  He looks shocked as I pull him to me and place a soft kiss on his lips. 

            “Thank you.”  I walk out of the classroom.  My cheeks must be tomato red. 

           

 

 

ALTERNATE ENDING

What I didn’t notice was the smirk that appeared on his face as soon as I left the room. 

I found out the next day that Mir had made a deal with G.O.  If I’d fallen for Mir by the end of the week and he’d gotten a kiss from me, G.O would do his homework for the whole year.

To them I was a challenge.  A girl that was unbroken, someone who was stubborn and thought too much of herself. 

Well they succeeded. I’d been made a complete fool and just finding out about that deal broke me.

“Shhh it’s okay.  Those guys are idiots,” Joon says as I cry on his shoulder at his house. 

He had a black eye from beating up the two but he definitely did a terrific job of it.  I must say he looked like a ninja when he was beating the two up. 

“I can only depend on you,” I say silently.

“And I’ll always be here for you when you need me,” he kisses me softly on the head and falls backward so we’re lying down.  Maybe it’ll be alright after all. 

 

So my original story was supposed to include a bet but things change when writing and I decided not to include that in the final.  Hope you guys liked it :D