№ 9 ∞ Star Star Star

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
//Doojoon's POV//
 
Actually I didn't plan to confess to her tonight. But I know that I must do it sooner or later, if I don't want to hold my feeling again, if I want her to know what I feel for her.
 
This feeling calls love.
 
"I-I-I...," she stammers, extremely nervous. I know it because my heart is beating really fast as well now.
 
"Take your time to think," I kiss her forehead softly. "I'm sorry if I make you confused but please don't think of it as a burden."
 
I caress her cheek and smile, "I've been in love with you before, in case you don't know. But I held back everything, hoping you would be happy with Hyoseun."
 
I lean closer and put my forehead on hers, "But now I want to make you happy by myself. I want you to know that I love you. That I will make you happy."
 
"B-but I thought...," she murmurs vividly, "...we are a family."
 
My heart aches when she said the 'family' word. Can't I move on from being her brother?
 
"Haemi ah," I pull her into another hug, "please don't draw a distance with me after this. It will hurt me if you do that."
 
I know I'm being really selfish now. I want her to love me but if she doesn't love me yet, I don't want her to walk away from me.
 
"Oppa," she clutches my shirt, "I'm sorry..."
 
I feel as if a knife just stabs my heart; my heart is bleeding.
 
"I'm sorry but I only see you as my big brother," she looks at me directly, giving me a really apologetic face. "I'm so sorry."
 
I clench my fists; I should have known it. She must be thinking about Hyoseun; she must be losing her faith in love for now.
 
What am I expecting?
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
I'm really surpised because of Doojoon's confession. I never knew that he harbors feeling for me, even before Hyoseun cancelled our engagement.
 
Doojoon has held his feeling back before. But now he decided to let me know his feeling.
 
I don't want to hurt him but I can't fool my heart. I only think of him as my big brother; nothing more, nothing less.
 
"I know it's too fast," he smiles. "I'm sorry for giving you a sudden confession."
 
I sigh, not knowing what to say or what to do. He is hurting. I know it. I know how it feels.
 
"Hey, don't give me that face," he pinches my cheeks. "Smile for me, will you?"
 
"But I hurt you....," I mumble. "I'm sorry, Doojoon Oppa."
 
"Give me chance," he says. "Maybe you can't love me more now, but give me chance. I will show you that I'm serious."
 
My heart skips a beat.
 
"But until that day...," Doojoon shifts closer to me until his face is only an inch away from mine, "...I will keep loving you with my own way."
 
He ruffles my hair and quickly pinches my cheeks, giving me surprise jolt.
 
"Oppa!" I pout. "Look what you've done to my hair!"
 
He laughs happily, "Yah, don't blame me that your face looks like you want to be teased!"
 
"Don't ever change," he pats my head. "We are still a family. It's just I love you more than the others."
 
My cheeks immediately blush; he said it calmly but my heart doesn't take it calm enough. Even after he left and told me to take a rest, I still can't forget his confession.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
 
//Gikwang's POV//
 
Yesterday was a really interesting day. The fun trip at Jeju Island, watching fireworks, and on top of that, I know that Yoseob has a crush on Haemi.
 
He told me that I must keep silence because he doesn't want the others to know yet. But again, without me telling them, they will know eventually.
 
We have done our schedule this evening and now we are gathering in the main room, like usual. We turn on the TV but we just let it be, while we talk about new song that Haemi is composing.
 
"I think it will be good if I make it as an accoustic song," Haemi says, giving some notes on the paper. "I always love accoustic song after all."
 
"I want to listen to Haemi's voice again!" Dongwoon suddenly gives an idea. "Sing it with guitar! Accoustic! Accoustic!"
 
Hyunseung claps, joining Dongwoon to pursuade Haemi, "Accoustic! Accoustic!"
 
"Yah, I'm trying to compose a song here," Haemi chuckles. "I don't think it's time to sing another song now."
 
"Haemi ah," I take the paper from her hand. "One song. Come on. I want to hear your voice again."
 
Surprising enough, she blushes. But she quickly takes her guitar, next to her, and mutters, "You must help me with the lyrics after this."
 
"Yes!" Dongwoon and Hyunseung do a high five. "Accoustic! Accoustic!"
 
"You are the best!" I pat Haemi's head and I feel cold stare from someone.
 
I bet it is Yoseob but when I turn around, I find Yoseob is looking at Haemi with a shy smile. It's not him.
 
It's Doojoon who is glaring at me. When I take my hand away from Haemi, he looks away and sighs.
 
Come to think of it, he returned from Haemi's room with a mysterious smile last night. What was he talking with Haemi?
 
"I think I can play Star Star Star," Haemi speaks. "Anyone want to sing along?"
 
Dongwoon and Hyunseung raise their hands above. I follow and grin to her. Haemi looks around and her eyes stop on Yoseob, who is looking at her as well.
 
"Yoseob must sing along," Haemi demands. "Or I will not cook dinner for you tomorrow night."
 
"Yah! Why do you give me a threat!" Yoseob protests and all of us laugh, except Doojoon who only puts a simple smile on his lips.
 
"I think it will be better if I play a keyboard though but since there is none here...," Haemi takes a deep breath, "...I will sing with the guitar."
 
She starts the melodies, whispering the first part beautifully.
 
"Hana dul set, tto hana dul set
Michi getda, byeol deura"
 
1, 2, 3, again 1, 2, 3
Stars, I'm going crazy
 
 
//Yoseob's POV//
 
I'm glad she still treats me like usual. I was scared that she would stop talking to me or something else.
 
I look at her, smiling because of her beautiful voice.
"Amuri chyeoda bwado niga boijil anha, oh baby
Du nune gadeuk goin nunmul ttaemune, da neo ttaemune
Beonjyeojin geulja wiro bichin uneun nae eolgeul, oh baby
Tto ulji mallago nal dajim haebwado, tto ureo"
 
No matter how many times I look at you, I can't see you, oh baby
Because of the tears in my eyes, all because of you
My crying face that is reflecting above the spread letters, oh baby
I promised myself I wouldn't cry again, but I'm crying again
 
Hyunseung and Dongwoon sing the next part, trying to be really emotional with the guitar play.
 
"Na eotteokhae, molla eotteokhae eotteokhae
Na ireohke, molla michige ireohke
Da neo ttaeme, jeongmal neo ttaeme
Na amugeotdo halsu eobtjanha"
 
"What do I do, I don't know what to do, what to do
This is me, I don't know why I'm going crazy like this
All because of you, really because of you
I can't do anything"
 
Haemi looks at me and flashes me a smile, giving me a sign that I must sing the refrain part together.
 
"Nan neol byeol, byeol, byeol, byeolman keum saranghae
Watdeon geoya neoreul chaja jeo meolliseo neon shining star
Byeol, byeol, byeol byeol, mareul da haebwado
Pyohyeoni andwae jeongmal neomuna
Dap daphae ije nan eotteohke haeya hana"
 
I love you as much as the stars, stars, stars, stars
I came for you to find you, you're that far shining star
Stars, stars, stars, no matter what I say
I really can't express myself
I'm frustrated now, what should I do now
 
Ah, listening to this song makes me realize that the lyrics describe my feeling pretty well.
 
I don't know what I should do now. Should I confess to her? Or should I let everything just flow and see what will happen next?
 
I'm confused.
 
"Hana dul seyeo bwado kkeuti boijil anha, oh baby
Gaseume gadeuk damgin chu eok ttaemune, tto ni saenggage
Mot dahan yaegil kkeonae honjat malppun irado, oh baby
Neol dollyeo dallago nal bonae dallago, ni gyeote"
 
No matter how many times I count, I can't see the end, oh baby
Because of all the memories that are in my heart, I think of you again
I couldn't say everything I wanted to so I say them to myself, oh baby
I want you back, I want to go back to your side
 
Haemi sings the second verse by herself, playing the guitar perfectly, giving us a really wonderful performance.
 
This time Hyunseung and Dongwoon sing but playing around, hitting the high notes and holding their laughters.
 
"Kkok butakhae, jebal ireohke butakhae
kkok haneure, naye gidoreul haneure
Nal wirohae, nareul wirohae
Jundaneun neon eodiye itni"
 
I'm pleading to you, please, I'm pleading to you
To the sky, my prayer goes to the sky
Cheer me up, cheer me up
Where are you now
 
After I found that this song suits me, I decided to sing it as I look at Haemi.
 
"Jebal byeol, byeol, byeol, byeoldura malhaebwa
Hkeut nangeoni geureon geoni dae daphae bwa utjiman malgo
Byeol, byeol, byeol, byeoldura butakhae
Dan hanbeon manira do nal nae sarang ni gyeote
Naragalsu itge haejwo"
 
Please stars, stars, stars, stars, talk to me
Is it over? Is that it? Answer me, don't just laugh
Stars, stars, stars, stars, I'm pleading to you
Just for once, my love
Let me fly to your side
 
Haemi picks the strings in order, playing the beautiful melodies as she whispers the bridge part.
"Star, star, star, ooh baby, star, star, star, oh"
 
This is the last refrain. I look at her, letting my lips form into a curve.
 
She looks really beautiful, charming, and captivating. I can't believe I didn't fall for her until now. Maybe because I kept telling myself that I shouldn't fall for her.
 
But now I can't help myself from falling in love with her.
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
"Nan neol byeol byeol byeol byeolman keum saranghae
Watdeon geoya neoreul chaja jeo meolliseo neon shining star
Byeol, byeol, byeol, byeol, mareul da haebwado
Pyohyeoni andwae jeongmal neomuna
Dap daphae ije nan eotteohke haeya hana"
 
I love you as much as the stars, stars, stars, stars
I came for you to find you, you're that far shining star
Stars, stars, stars, no matter what I say
I really can't express myself
I'm frustrated now, what should I do now
 
I put down the guitar, sigh in relief because I think I did well with the song. Yoseob, as always, with his amazing voice.
 
Star Star Star is a beautiful song and I always love it. But I still think I would do better if I sang it with keyboard.
 
"Beautiful~!" Dongwoon hums with excitement. "You should have debuted as an artist if I knew you are really good!"
 
"But I'm not going to debut as a singer," I laugh. "I love my job now. Even though I need to take care of six kids."
 
"Yah!" Gikwang cuts in. "Who do you mean by kids?!"
 
I stand up quickly, avoiding him because I know he is going to pinch my cheeks.
 
"You!" I stick my tongue and I can feel Hyunseung and Dongwoon stand up behind me, giving me grins and I know they are going to chase me too.
 
"Aigoo!" I step back and pull Yoseob so he stands up and covers me from the other three members. "Help me!"
 
"Yah, Haemi ah," Yoseob turn to see me, "I'm also the one you said like a kid. How can I help you if I am a kid?"
 
He holds my hand so I can't run from him, "Kids want to get a revenge!"
 
"Ah, you're cruel!" I laugh as Gikwang and the others approach me. They ruffle my hair and pinch my cheeks playfully.
 
"Yah! Yah!" I shake my head so they stop pinching me. "I want to make pudding! I want to make pudding!"
 
They stop teasing me and Yoseob releases his grip on me. All of them show the excitement of having dessert.
 
"You," I drag Yoseob along to the kitchen, "help me."
 
"Why me?" he protests but he follows me anyway. "They don't do anything!"
 
"Because you are the one who caught me!" I pout. "So you must help me!"
 
I can hear the other members laugh while we walk to the kitchen, preparing ingredients to make pudding.
 
I feel so happy with them. Even though I still blush slightly when I look at Doojoon because of his confession, we manage to act normal enough in front of the others.
 
I think I just need to be myself for now. I don't even know if I'm really falling for Gikwang now.
 
Please let this happiness stay a little bit longer.