№ 14 ∞ Turning Point

Aeternus ∞ Eternus

//Gikwang's POV//

I think it twice, thrice, or maybe even more. I don't want to ruin the friendship and brotherhood between me, Doojoon, and Yoseob. The relationship we have built in the last two years.

But I don't want to break Haemi's heart. I want to make her happy. I want to let her feel the happiness of being loved by someone. I want to see her happy smile that brighten up my days.

Is it wrong?

She never loved somebody else, other than Hyoseun. But now she loves me.

I'm not playing with her feeling. Really. I just want to make her happy.

"Gikwang," she murmurs slowly. "Are you asking it because you pity me?"

My heart skips a beat as I see the sad smile is curved on her lips. I can see that she is holding back her tears.

"No," I touch her cheek with my fingers. "I'm asking it because I want to cherish you."

There is a slight doubt in her eyes. To be honest, there is a doubt within my tone as well, but I try to hide it.

"I will talk to Doojoon and Yoseob," I convince her with a smile. "Will you let me cherish you?"

"Please," a smile blossoms on her face, "it will be my biggest happiness."


//Doojoon's POV//

I return immediately to the apartment after Junhyung called me, telling me to return because our manager asked us to gather together.

While I'm waiting for the elevator, someone taps on my shoulder softly. I turn around to see who the person is.

"Ah," I mutter as a smile forms on my lips. "Aegi."

"It's been a while," the girl who stands in front of me smile sweetly. "Good to see you again, Doojoon."

She is Shin Aegi. I met her around two years ago on the day of Haemi's birthday. She is Haemi's best friend since junior high school.

Aegi is as brilliant as Haemi. She is really talented when it comes to art; the difference is she works her talent as an artist. She is one of SM Entertaiment trainees.

"It's been three months, I guess," I smile warmly. "When did you arrive at Seoul?"

Aegi has been training at Taiwan since last year. She still keep in touch with Haemi though; you can say that their relationship is pretty much like sisterhood. They are really close that maybe Aegi knows all of Haemi's secrets.

"This morning," she answers and gives me a sign that the elevator is opened. "Is Haemi around?"

"I think so," I step in the elevator after her. "Have you contacted her that you will come here?"

"I want to give her a surprise," Aegi chuckles. "Is she doing good? I've heard about Hyoseun from her mother."

"Ah," my hearts sinks, remembering that she is actually not all good because of what happened recently. "Maybe you just need to ask her in person."

I want to avoid this conversation but I know Aegi is too smart to be fooled. Yes, both Haemi and Aegi share this smart and sensitive personality.

"What happened between you and Haemi?" she tilts her head, hitting the point.

The elevator door is opened and I quickly step out from the elevator. Aegi follows me, waiting for my answer.

Aish, what should I say to her?

Your best friend just received a punch from me yesterday because she got a kiss from Yoseob, her best friend.

Yes, really smooth explanation.

"Yoon Doojoon," Aegi calls my name with a demanding tone.

I stop my steps suddenly, not because of Aegi.

But because I see Gikwang and Haemi in front of us. Gikwang leans closer to kiss Haemi's forehead.

She is smiling. A really happy smile.

My heart breaks. And why do I feel it is more painful than when I saw Yoseob kissed her?


//Yoseob's POV//

I can feel Junhyung is looking at me while I'm busy with my phone. I put down my phone and look at him, "Do you want to say something?"

"You've talked with Doojoon, haven't you?" he asks calmly. "Looks like you've talked with Gikwang too."

I nod, "Why?"

"What if, it's just a what if question," he looks really serious, "what if Gikwang and Haemi become a couple?"

My heart feels like it stops beating for a second because of the question.

"There's nothing I can do," I play with my phone again. "It's her decision."

I'm lying to myself. I will be really hurt if they become a real couple. Who am I trying to fool?

The door is pushed open by Doojoon. For my surprise, I see Aegi is standing behind him.

"Ah!" Hyunseung reacts with excitement. He just stepped out from the kitchen to give us some drinks when he finds Aegi in our room. "Aegi! It's been a while!"

Hyunseung rushes to Aegi and hugs her in brotherly way. Aegi gives us her usual calm smile as one by one of us hug her in turns.

"How's Taiwan?" I ask after I hugged her. "Did you buy any souvenirs for us?"

"Yah, do you only think of souvenirs?" Aegi raises her eyebrow. "Don't you miss me?"

I laugh and take a glance at Doojoon. Weird, he looks like he is forcing a smile.

Something happened. I'm sure.

The door is opened once again. This time by Gikwang. Haemi follows him behind.

My heart skips a beat when I see her face. I can see the bruise on her cheek, the bruise caused by what happened last night.

"Aegi," Haemi rushes to hug her best friend. "I haven't hugged you!"

"Because you're too busy with Gikwang," Aegi pats Haemi's back. "It's good to see you happy. Even though you don't want to tell me the cause of your bruise."

"Ah," I can see Haemi blushes. "BEAST is going to arrange their schedule with their manager. Right?"

She looks at Gikwang and he nods slightly with a simple smile to her.

"Let's talk in my room," Haemi intertwines her fingers with Aegi's. "You need to tell me everything about your training!"

I can't help myself to smile when I see the bright smile on Haemi's face.

But my smile fades away when I look at the way Haemi looks at Gikwang.

It's so different from the way she looks at us.


//Haemi's POV//

I excuse myself from BEAST's room with Aegi, dragging her to my room as fast as possible. It's kind of awkward to leave like that but I can't do anything else.

I was really surprised when I saw Doojoon and Aegi, right when Gikwang just kissed my forehead, right after I accepted his confession.

Does it mean we're a couple now?

"I never knew that you and Gikwang are more than best friends," Aegi sits on my bed. "Or I just miss something important here?"

I used to tell Aegi about everything. She is a really good friend who share same interests with me. She is quite popular since the moment I met her but she has no interest in having a relationship; that's what she told me anyway.

"To make it short," I sigh, knowing it will be really long if I need to explain everyt detail to her, "Gikwang asked me to be his girlfriend just now and I..."

"And you?" she tilts her head, waiting for my next word.

"I think I'm in love with him," I whisper, feeling my face is burning.

"You think?" she frowns. "Love is not something you feel with only 'you think'."

I blink on her words.

"Haemi ah," Aegi crosses her arms together, "I don't know what happened between you and the others, but I can see that Doojoon is hiding something from me."

"Tell me again," she stands up now and touches my bruise. "Who caused this bruise?"

I take a deep breath.

It will be a really long story.

I guess today marks the turning point of our lives. Of our relationships that will never stay the same anymore.


__________
 
[Author's Note]
 
Shin Aegi is a character created by alize_sakura .