№ 4 ∞ Girl Meets Love

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
//Gikwang's POV//
 
Haemi is really talented. Seriously.
 
We are sitting in circle, listening to her guitar play. She is trying to find perfect notes to compose a new song.
 
"It's beautiful," Dongwoon looks amazed.
 
"It's just a refrain," Haemi stops playing the guitar. "And I end up with another ballad."
 
"We don't mind with a ballad song," Yoseob pouts as he looks at the music sheet she just wrote.
 
"You can't dance with a ballad song," Haemi chuckles. "But I will love to complete this song for your new album."
 
Suddenly we hear piano is being played by someone. We turn and see Dongwoon is focusing with the keyboard.
 
"I thought a ghost played it!" Hyunseung laughs awkwardly. "You're scaring us!"
 
"I'm just playing keyboard!" Dongwoon defends himself. "I just learned new song to play with piano so I want to give it a try."
 
"Oh," Haemi reacts and puts down her guitar. "Really?"
 
"Move, move," Doojoon stands up and tries to push Dongwoon away. "I want to play too."
 
"First come, first serve," Dongwoon holds still on the chair.
 
"Yah, you think this is a restaurant?!" I laugh.
 
"Stop arguing," Haemi stands up and pats Dongwoon's head, holding her own laughter. "Let's hear Dongwoon's first."
 
"I'm the winner!" Dongwoon grins.
 
All of a sudden, we all forget what our priority here.
 
 
//Yoseob's POV//
 
After Dongwoon showed his skill with the keyboard, Doojoon takes away the seat and grins to all of us cockily, "I just learned this ballad song."
 
I take a glance at Haemi; she is holding her laughter as she looks at Doojoon. She looks more cheerful than yesterday.
 
I know she still has her mind on Hyoseun; she is just trying to hide it from us. But I really hope she will move on from her love for Hyoseun.
 
That guy doesn't deserve to be loved by Haemi.
 
"Ah, K.Will, K.Will," Hyunseung mutters when Doojoon starts playing the keyboard.
 
"Ah, Tiffany, Tiffany," Dongwoon adds in. "A Girl Meets Love!"
 
This is a beautiful song. A Girl Meets Love by K.Will and SNSD's Tiffany.
 
I exchange looks with Doojoon and we start singing the song together.
"Neul eorin aeroman bwattdeon neoreul seoseongidaga
Naemaeumi nado moreuge jogeumsshik deo jogeumsshik gipeojineun geol"
 
I only saw you as a young child and yet my heart lingered closer
Without me knowing little by little I fell deeper
 
I take a glance at Dongwoon and we both smile as he join the next part of the song.
"Meonjeo bojin mothandahaedo
Sumgil su eobshi keojin naemami nareul deo michigehae"
 
Even though I couldn't see it at first
I can't deny that my heart is driving me crazy
 
Hyunseung and Gikwang join us in the refrain, making the ballad song become really lively.
"Nabbeun narangeol aljiman neol nohchigin shirheo
Neoui ireum neoui chueog gajil su ittge
Nae mame deureowa
Nareul chom dowajwo
Neol saranghae wattdeon nareul"
 
I know it's bad but I can't let you go
Let me have your name, the memories of you
Come into my heart
Please help me
I come to you with love
 
"Yey!" I do a high five with Dongwoon.
 
Doojoon just smiles wider as he continues the melodies; next part is Tiffany's part.
 
"Haemi ah!" Gikwang holds her hand so she comes closer to the keyboard. "Sing the female part!"
 
Ah, she doesn't like to sing. Well, it's not her vocal is bad but it's not good either. I only heard her voice twice though because she always avoid us when it comes about singing.
 
But, for my surprise, she sighs and smiles, "Just this once."
 
She must know this song since she loves ballad song and she loves to listen to K.Will. I locked my eyes on her, waiting for her to sing.
 
"Nal eorin aeroman bodeon neoreul seoseongidaga
Nado moreuge nae georeumi jogeumsshik deo jogeumsshik geodgo ittneungeol
Meomchuryeogo nareul jabado
Sogil su eobtneun nae maeumi nareul deo michigehae"
 
You saw me only as a child and yet I linger closer
Without me knowing my steps walk, little by little, to you
Even though I try to stop myself
The heart that I can't lie to is driving me crazy
 
My jaw drops immediately as she sings the song.
 
Her voice is... beautiful. Amazingly beautiful.
 
The other members also widen their eyes upon her voice; even Doojoon hits the wrong note twice; he tries his best to keep playing while he is amazed by Haemi's voice.
 
I never knew that she has such a beautiful voice.
 
But we don't say anything; we want to keep listening to her voice. We stare at her face while Haemi closes her eyes, delivering the emotion of the song perfectly.
 
"Nabbeun narangeol aljiman neol nohchigin shirheo
Airoman nareul boneun neoreul almyeonseo
Malhaji mothaedo
Ireon nal arajwo
Neol saranghae wattdeon nareul"
 
I know it's bad but I can't let you go
Even though I know that you only see me as a child
Even though I cant speak
Know of this day
When I came to your love
 
I snap back to the reality quickly, noticing that it's the male part, but looks like everyone else is stunned by her beautiful voice.
 
I sing the line so the song can be continued. Haemi opens her eyes and looks at me with a smile on her face.
"Ddo naege daga wajwo"
 
Again, come closer to me
 
She flashes a smile and looks at the keyboard as she sings the female part.
"Deo gaggai naege wajwo"
 
Come again closer to me
 
I let my lips form into a curve as I sing a word out.
"Naege"
 
For us
 
I step closer to Haemi when we sing the last refrain part together, with her hitting the high notes.
"Ijen
Seoroui apeumeul
(apeumi)
Sarajigehae (sarajwo)
Nipumeseo nigyeoteseo useul su ittge (useul su ittge)"
 
Now
Let us forgot
Both our pain
So that I can smile in your presence, next to you
 
I offer my hand and she takes it with a shy smile.

"Nae mame deureowa (deureowa)
Jeonbuga dwi-eojwo"
 
Come into my heart
Be my everything
 
I embrace her hand gently and look at her eyes; how come I never notice her beautiful eyes?
 
"Haengbokman ggumggul su ittge
Namanui sarangi dwi-eojwo"
 
So that I can dream happy dreams
Be my love
 
Doojoon stops the melodies and looks at us.
 
But I don't let go of Haemi's hand, instead I embrace it a little bit tighter.
 
I can feel that my heart beats faster.
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
It's the first time I ever sang with Yoseob. To be exact, this is the first time I ever sang with someone else. With my best effort as well.
 
And I know what their reaction will be now.
 
"You have a really, really, really beautiful voice, Haemi ah!" Dongwoon blurts out. "I never knew it!"
 
"I just never sang before," I swing my hand back and forth while Yoseob is still holding my hand. "I usually sing without any effort."
 
"Why didn't you tell us that you're this good?" Hyunseung frowns as if he's annoyed by the fact I hide it from them.
 
"Because somehow I know you will tell me to try to be a singer and I don't want to," I answer calmly. "I'm not pursuing singing, you know that."
 
"But you're really good!" Gikwang adds in. "You just can't stop giving us surprise with your talent!"
 
"Yah, Yoseob," Doojoon stands up from his seat and looks at Yoseob with serious face, "when will you let go of Haemi's hand?"
 
Ah, he's right, Yoseob is still holding my hand but I don't mind; I mean we're best friends.
 
Plus, I'm glad that I did a simple duet with him; his voice is so amazing. No wonder he is the main vocalist of the group even though the other members have amazing voices too.
 
"Oh," Yoseob mumbles as he lets go of my hand, covering his mouth with his hand. He look away from me quickly.
 
"I'm hungry," Yoseob clears his throat. "Let's have dinner now."
 
I look at the clock and decide that it is indeed the time to start the dinner preparation.
 
"Well, let's prepare dinner," I smile and walk to the kitchen.
 
"Are you going to help, Yoseob?" I ask him but he is still looking away from me.
 
"I-I'm going to our room for a moment," he answers as he steps backwards. "Be right back."
 
"Is something wrong with him?" I tilt my head.
 
"Nothing," Doojoon wraps his left arm around my shoulder from behind. "Let's prepare the dinner."