№ 25 ∞ Eternal / Yoseob

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
- Doojoon's POV -
 
"Hyunseung ah, the cake, the cake," I groan. "You don't need to work the decoration. Leave it to Dongwoon. You're going to ruin it!"
 
Hyunseung sticks out his tongue but he finally puts down the decoration stuff for Dongwoon. He walks out from the room, heading to the kitchen.
 
Today is Haemi's 21st birthday party yet she still works as usual. She has a meeting with our manager right now; it's partly our plan actually.
 
Dongwoon asked her key, saying that he needed to practice with her keyboard while, the fact is, we barged in her room, decorating it with birthday decorations.
 
We have talked this morning. I was right; since the day we talked on the rooftop, I knew that her heart has chose Yoseob.
 
I don't want to admit it but I do feel unfair. I have loved her for so long, holding my feeling for so long, yet she falls for Yoseob who just realized his feeling lately.
 
But I can't force Haemi to love me back when she only looks at me as her older brother, right?
 
I've been trying to treat her as my little sister the whole week. I even cancelled my thought to buy her a personal present. I managed to buy the present together with the other members.
 
Except Yoseob.
 
I want him to make Haemi happy by himself.
 
So Haemi will know that she is special.
 
Ah, Doojoon, you are so naive.
 
My phone vibrates.
 
"Haemi is with me. Are you preparing a surprise party?"
 
It's from Aegi. Aish, she returned without any warning again. Will she just stop giving a sudden visit?
 
I chuckle as I reply her text message.
 
"Yes. Hold her for us. Don't come and go as you please, Shin Aegi, or you will pay the price for me."
 
I return to my work but within a minute, Aegi has replied my text message.
 
"We're downstairs. What do you mean with price? I haven't debuted you know."
 
I laugh, making the other members to look at me with confused as if I am crazy.
 
Aegi is too cute that I want to .
 
"I don't know. Your heart?"
 
She doesn't reply the message. But I bet she is blushing when she read the message.
 
 
+ Gikwang's POV +
 
"I'm on my way," I smile over the phone call. "See you there."
 
Aegi just called me, telling me that she just arrived at our apartment. I told her that the others are preparing a surprise party for Haemi so she needs to prevent Haemi from going to her room for now.
 
I was the only person she told about her returning from Tokyo for Haemi's birthday. I don't know why I was the only one though.
 
I'm on my way from Jeju Island because of my schedule for a recording of variety show. I excused myself to return earlier by myself so I can celebrate Haemi's 21st birthday together.
 
I called her at midnight, being the first person to greet her for her birthday. That's when I asked her about her decision.
 
And I did actually surprise that she decided where her heart goes to.
 
Yoseob wins over her heart.
 
I don't even need to ask Haemi why she falls for Yoseob.
 
If I'm the one who loves Haemi as best friend while Doojoon is the one Haemi loves as big brother, Haemi never mentioned, not even once, that she only loves Yoseob as a friend nor a brother.
 
Yoseob is the one who always cherish Haemi with his cheerful and bright smile. They are really close yet they don't realize that the feeling called love is dancing between them.
 
They are like little children who can't realize their feeling until someone comes over to tell them or take their beloved one.
 
Yoseob realized his feeling when he found out that his heart was breaking because of Haemi's tears over Hyoseun.
 
Haemi realized her feeling when Yoseob was the first person who crossed her mind whenever she needed someone.
 
Well, if it is Yoseob, I guess I can let Haemi be happy with him. Talk to me, the guy who is trying to protect his best friend.
 
As for Aegi...
 
I don't think Doojoon will be my rival as for now. Doojoon rejected Aegi before, didn't he?
 
Ah, I don't need to worry about it for now.
 
I only need to celebrate Haemi's birthday today. With Aegi of course.
 
 
//Yoseob's POV//
 
"Saengil chukkahamnida!" we shouts in unison when Haemi walks in her room with Aegi.
 
One by one member hugs her in turn, giving her the birthday greeting.
 
Aish, why do I even feel jealous when it's Doojoon's turn? He gave you his support with Haemi!
 
Yes, he told me to give something special for Haemi for her birthday today but I have no idea at all.
 
I want to ask her for a special dinner tomorrow night because we have no schedule at that time. As for now, I just want her to be happy with all of the members and Aegi.
 
"Do you have any request on your birthday?" Aegi asks while Haemi hands over a slice of cake to Hyunseung. "Any special one?"
 
"I don't know," Haemi laughs. "What about you sing a song to me?"
 
"Ah, I know," Aegi ignores her best friend's, pretending that she didn't hear anything. "Let's have a duet between BEAST's main vocalist and the birthday girl."
 
My eyes widen. Haemi is not going to agree with this term.
 
"Come on. It's your 21st birthday. Don't you want to sing something together with...," Aegi pauses for seconds, glancing at me, "...someone special?"
 
Aish, Aegi, you are so straight forward.
 
"Fine," Haemi gives up and points her finger at Aegi. "You will play the keyboard."
 
"Deal," Aegi hums as she stands up from her seat, walking to the keyboard. She looks through the music sheet before handing it to Haemi.
 
Haemi smiles sheepishly and hands over the music sheet to me, "I remember the lyrics. Will you sing the first part?
 
I read the title of the song.
 
It's Love.
 
This is a duet song between SNSD's Taeyeon and SNSD's Sunny.
 
Aish, she asked me to sing girls' song?
 
I sigh but the flash her a smile as the sign that I agree to sing it with her.
 
Aegi starts to play the keyboard while the other look at us, expecting our beautiful duet.
 
"Nan geu dael jinachyeo gal ddaemyeon
Haru jongil gaseumi ddeollyeoyo
Hollo geudae reul geurigo idjyo
Jaggu geudaeran jaguki namayo"
 
When I pass by you
My heart flutters for the entire day
I alone longed for you
An image of you is always left behind
 
This is actually a sad ballad song but I know this is one of Haemi's favorite songs.
 
I look at her but she is closing her eyes, singing her part sincerely.
 
"Ddo uyeonin deut budichyeo gado
Nanmeongni gogaereul sukyeoyo
Mundeuk geudaewa maju chil ddae do
Sujubeun misoman boyeoyo"
 
When I happen to run into you again
I just blankly bow my head
Even when our eyes happen to meet
All I can show is a shy smile
 
Her beautiful voice echoes in my mind. I think I know why she agreed to sing this ballad song; the lyrics are perfect.
 
I smile when I finally realized it and continue to sing the song again.
 
"Geudae ejeneun al su innayo
Geudae ijeneun nae mam bol su idjyo
Sorido obshi dagaon sarangi
Geudaeneun geudaenen deullinayo"
 
Do you understand now?
Can you understand my heart now?
That love that came silently
Can you... Can you hear it?
 
I find it amusing that something called love always come without any warning. It happened between us.
 
"Cheoeumbuteo nae sarangingeolyo
Chagaun naemame ddaseuhi bichujyo
Hangeoreum hangeoreum dagaoneun sarang
Nan jogeumeun duryeojiman"
 
From the beginning, it was my love
Shining warmly through my cold heart
The love that comes to me, step by step
Although I'm a bit afraid
 
After she finished her part, she opens her eyes, exchanging looks with me as I continue the song, looking at her eyes.
 
"Seollei neun nae sarangingeolyo
Bi odeussarangi naemameul jeok shyeoyo
Nae mami nae mami ijen sarangingeolyo
Geudae geuriunmankeum"
 
The one that moved me, my love
Just like the rain, the love engulfed my heart
My heart, my heart is already in love
As much as I'm longing for you
 
Yes, this feeling called love has been filling my heart. This girl, Im Haemi, has captured my heart.
 
Aegi plays the notes beautifully but I only look at Haemi.
 
"Geudae ijenenun al su innayo
Geudae ijeneun nae mam bol su idjyo
Sorido obshi dagaon sarangi
Geudaeneun geudaenen deullinayo"
 
Do you understand now?
Can you understand my heart now?
That love that came silently
Can you... Can you hear it?
 
I step closer to her, singing the lyrics. I take her hand in mine, holding it gently.
 
"Cheoeumbuteo nae sarangingeolyo
Chagaun naemame ddaseuhi bichujyo
Hangeoreum hangeoreum dagaoneun sarang
Nan jogeumeun duryeojiman"
 
From the beginning, it was my love
Shining warmly through my cold heart
The love that comes to me, step by step
Although I'm a bit afraid
 
Haemi takes a step closer to me. She has the shy smile on her lips, showing her happiness. She returns my embrace.
 
"Seollei neun nae sarangingeolyo
Bi odeussarangi naemameul jeok shyeoyo
Nae mami nae mami ijen sarangingeolyo
Geudae geuriunmankeum"
 
The one that moved me, my love
Just like the rain, the love engulfed my heart
My heart, my heart is already in love
As much as I'm longing for you
 
We finish the song together, looking at each other as if we're on our own world.
 
"Ige sarangingeolyo"
 
This should be love
 
"Beautiful!" Dongwoon shouts with excitement. All of them applause as I embrace Haemi's hand tighter.
 
"I love you," I whisper to her ear while the others are busy talking about singing new song. "I love you the most."
 
She only smiles sweetly.
 
She doesn't need to say anything to me.
 
Somehow I know what she feels right now.
 
It's love.