№ 15 ∞ Plan

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
//Gikwang's POV//
 
I order two cups of hot cappucinos, waiting for Aegi to come.
 
She called me last night, using Haemi's phone. She told me that she wants to talk with me directly. I agreed to meet her at the coffee shop near our apartment.
 
I'm curious. What does she want from me?
 
After the schedule arrangement with our manager, I headed to the bedroom and drifted away to sleep after I texted good night message to Haemi.
 
Doojoon, Junhyung, and Yoseob have left in the morning for a recording for a variety show while I will start my schedule in the evening.
 
I turn around when I hear the sound of door is opened. Aegi steps inside the coffee shop and approaches the table after she found me.
 
"So," I clear my throat awkwardly, "is there anything I can do for you?"
 
"Do me a favor," Aegi intertwines her fingers together. "Tell me, do you really love Haemi?"
 
My heart skips a beat. Why does she suddenly ask this question to me?
 
Aegi has always been Haemi's best friend and she always stand up for Haemi. I guess Haemi has told her about everything happened between us.
 
"I think so," I answer shortly, not knowing what I can say to her.
 
"Don't give me 'I think' excuse," Aegi sighs as she leans to the back of the chair. "Love is not about 'I think'. Why don't you and Haemi get it?"
 
I keep silence. I know Aegi wants to continue again.
 
"I want Haemi to be happy. She deserves to be happy. I don't care who will be the one for her as long as she will be happy with the person," Aegi looks at me directly. "But I can't let her depend on a person who only thinks he maybe in love with Haemi."
 
My heart sinks immediately because of her words.
 
This is the biggest difference between Haemi and Aegi.
 
Haemi is the girl who has a really soft and gentle attitude. She will choose to stay silence rather than to hurt someone else with whatever she does. She rather suffer alone than to drag us along with her.
 
While Aegi is the honest and straight forward person. She will speak up her thoughts and stand up for the justice. You can say that Aegi is the best friend to rely on when you have a problem.
 
"Gikwang, I know you care for Haemi but I need you to straighten your feeling," Aegi crosses her arms together. "If you only care for her as a friend, please don't accept her feeling. You can make her happy for now but it will hurt her more in the end."
 
I close my eyes, absorbing her words carefully in my mind.
 
Her words cause me a dilemma again.
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
I check my bruise on the mirror. Finally it heals even though I could still see the bruise if I don't use the face powder.
 
Aegi has left my room around thirty minutes ago. She visited me for a while before she went away, telling me that she needs to meet someone for an important matter.
 
She didn't say anything after I told her everything happened within the last three months. Hyoseun, Doojoon, Yoseob, and Gikwang.
 
"You'll be surprised what you can live through."
 
That was the last sentence she said to me before she left my room last night.
 
I wonder what she was trying to say.
 
My phone rings; It's Gikwang.
 
"Yoboseyo?" I pick up the call calmly while I keep preparing my stuff to leave. BEAST has a schedule for photoshoot today.
 
"Are you at your room now?" he asks.
 
"Ne," I frown. Well, of course I am. I will leave soon with them anyway. "Why?"
 
"I need to talk with you for a moment," he explains. "Can you come over to our room? Doojoon and Yoseob will talk with us as well."
 
My heart skips a beat. What is this uneasy feeling?
 
 
//Yoseob's POV//
 
Gikwang asked both of me and Doojoon to gather together with him in the main room. He asked the other members to leave us alone because Haemi will come over.
 
We have around twenty minutes before we must leave for photoshoot today.
 
"Yah," I glance at Gikwang, "what are you going to do?"
 
"Just...," Gikwang takes a deep breath, "...talk."
 
I exchange looks with Doojoon. It's so unusual of him.
 
To be honest, I want to ask questions to Gikwang as well. Has he accepted Haemi's feeling? Are they an official couple now?
 
The knocks on the door distract us. Gikwang stands up and opens the door for Haemi. She takes off her shoes and follows Gikwang to the main room.
 
"Is something wrong?" Haemi tilts her head.
 
I look at her cheek. Looks like the bruise has healed. I'm glad she looks better than yesterday.
 
"I want to discuss something about us. Four of us," Gikwang mutters. "We're family. We're best friends. And I don't want our relationship to be ruined because of our own feelings."
 
I can see that Haemi is confused. So am I. I don't get where this conversation is heading to.
 
"I want the best for each of us and I don't want to hurt anyone," he looks at Haemi, "especially you."
 
 
//Doojoon's POV//
 
What is Gikwang trying to say?
 
"Haemi, I'm really grateful for your feeling but I don't want to hurt you. Not now, not in the future," Gikwang says it with his eyes on Haemi. "I need to straighten everything."
 
His eyes move to me and Yoseob, "I've talked to Aegi this morning and I've decided to work on a plan."
 
"What do you mean?" Yoseob frowns.
 
"Haemi is still confused with her own feeling," Gikwang smiles weakly. "I want each of us to spend times together with her so she can figure out her own feeling for us."
 
"That way we will keep our good friendship," Gikwang continues. "It will start from me today, Yoseob for tomorrow, and Doojoon for the day after tomorrow."
 
"Wait, wait. What do you mean with spending time together? We're always together," I cut out his explanation.
 
"Are you talking about thinking of all of you as my boyfriend for one day?" Haemi reacts as if she can read Gikwang's mind.
 
"Kind of," Gikwang shrugs. "I really hope it will help you to figure out your own feeling, Haemi ah."
 
What? That is crazy.
 
She is stressed enough with the fact that both of me and Yoseob are falling for her yet she is falling for Gikwang.
 
How come this plan will help her?
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
I know what Aegi is trying to do here. I know this must be Aegi's plan.
 
For her, the best solution to solve a problem is to jump in the problem itself. Now since I have the problem of my own feeling, she must be suggesting Gikwang to consider a plan of me spending times together with three of them.
 
Because I will realize how much I treasure each of them in my own ways.
 
I stare at the floor in silence. I don't know if it's a good idea or not.
 
But a question crosses my mind.
 
If Gikwang considers this plan, doesn't it mean he is actually doubting his own feeling for me?
 
My heart aches when I think of that possibility.
 
"Fine," I mutter slowly, making three of them especially Yoseob to gasp in surprise. "I agree with the plan."
 
Aegi, your plan better work for us.
 
Or else.
 
__________
 
[Author's Note]
 
"You'll be surprised what you can live through."
- originally from The Return of Jafar #disneywords