№ 6 ∞ Jealous

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
//Yoseob's POV//
 
We are preparing for our dance practice so everyone is changing their outfits.
 
"Yoseob ah," I turn around and see Gikwang is walking to me.
 
"What?" I ask, totally not in the mood to talk.
 
The incident of me and Haemi is still lingering in my mind. I haven't talked to her since yesterday since she only prepared dinner for us but didn't eat with us since she has work to do.
 
And, seriously, the tension between me and Doojoon somehow increase for unknown reason. The moment he knew something happened between me and Haemi from Gikwang, he gave me a deadly glare even though he didn't say anything.
 
"I think you better talk with Haemi. She is really sad because you snapped at her," Gikwang explain. "Why did you even get mad at her?"
 
I sigh. I wasn't mad at her. I'm mad with myself right now.
 
She just did whatever she always do around us. I just couldn't bear the fact that my heart was beating extremely fast when she hugged me; let alone when she is around, my cheeks start to blush immediately.
 
"I'll talk to her after the practice," I mutter.
 
Gikwang pats my back, "Good. Don't make her down. Hyoseun is enough to make her down."
 
Hyoseun... Aigoo... That name makes me even more confused with my own feeling.
 
I swear I can punch him in his face if I ever meet him in person.
 
Once we walk into the dance practice room, I find Haemi is waiting for us. She is practicing by herself while waiting for us.
 
She is a real hard worker. No, she is not a genius. She has her talents from her years of training.
 
I always adore her for being such an adorable figure. Her spirit. Her personality. Her support. She is one in a million.
 
But since she had a fiancee, a thought of liking her never crossed my mind, at least before now.
 
Can I like her?
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
"We're done," I stop the music and bow to them. "Thank you for your hard work today."
 
"Thank you~!" they bow to me in unison, making me chuckle to see their togetherness.
 
One by one leaves the room to change their outfits until Yoseob is the one who left in the room. He stands still on his stand, looking really nervous and staring the floor.
 
"Yoseob ah," I tilt my head, "aren't you going to change?"
 
He scratches his head nervously, "I'm sorry, Haemi ah, for yesterday."
 
"Ah," I smile, "don't worry. I was surprised but it's alright. Don't worry."
 
"I'm really sorry!" he bows. "I really am."
 
"Yah, Yoseob ah," I step closer to him and pat his head, "it's not like you just met me yesterday."
 
He straightens his body, taking a step backward.
 
I can see that he is obviously blushing; his cheeks are flushed pink.
 
"Are you alright?" I reach out my hand to touch his warm cheek. "Your face is really red."
 
Suddenly he pulls me into a hug, embracing me tightly.
 
"Don't," he murmurs. "Don't look at my face now. Not now."
 
This is not the first time he hug me but why do I feel it's really different from his previous hugs? Why does he sound nervous?
 
 
//Doojoon's POV//
 
"Ah," I groan when we're on our way to change our outfit. "I left my phone in the dance practice room!"
 
"Yah, you can take it after you change!" Junhyung shouts but I'm already running to the dance practice room.
 
When I push open the door, my heart feels like it stops beating for a second as I see Yoseob is hugging Haemi.
 
What is he doing? What are they doing?
 
Why do I sound jealous? It's not the first time I see he hugs her.
 
They don't even notice my presence so I fake a cough, making Yoseob to let go of Haemi. He covers his face with his hand, looking down but he is clearly blushing.
 
"I just want to take my phone," I mutter and walk to take my phone that I left in the corner of the room.
 
I take a glance at Haemi and, if my eyes are not deceiving me, she is blushing as well.
 
Unconsciously, my hands form into fists; I'm actually annoyed with the fact she is blushing because of Yoseob.
 
"I-I-I'm going to change," Yoseob stammers and then he leaves the dance practice room, leaving me with Haemi.
 
"Did something happen?" I try to control my voice as I ask her. "Did he snap at you again?"
 
"No," Haemi shakes her head quickly. "Nothing happened."
 
"Then why did he hug you?"
 
Great, I sound really jealous now.
 
Or, am I really jealous?
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
I look up to Doojoon. What's wrong with him and Yoseob?
 
After Yoseob snapped at me loudly yesterday, it's Doojoon's turn now? He asked the question with annoyed tone.
 
Even though I do wondering about the reason Yoseob hugged me, I don't really bother about it. I mean we are best friends. We are a family.
 
"It's nothing big," I say with a smile to assure him. "We're just talking and, you know, he hugged me. It's common thing."
 
He steps closer to me and lifts my chin with his finger, looking into my eyes, "Really?"
 
I frown, trying really hard not to blush since his face is really close to mine.
 
He leans closer and kisses my forehead for seconds, making me to fail from preventing the blush to bloom on my cheeks.
 
"That's for...," he mutters after he pulls away from my face, "...making me late to change!"
 
As soon after he said that, he pinches my cheeks and laughs.
 
"Yah! Oppa!" I rub my cheeks and try to chase him but he already left the dance practice room.
 
Aigoo, and I almost think that he did that with another purpose.
 
You're thinking too much, Haemi. Doojoon is not falling for you. He only thinks of you as his little sister.
 
As for Yoseob...
 
Why do I feel he is really different lately?
 
 
//Gikwang's POV//
 
"Haemi ah, Haemi ah," I call her name. "What do you think of going to Jeju Island tomorrow?"
 
She is folding Hyunseung's blanket in our bedroom. Haemi puts down the blanket once she finished with it and continues with Junhyung's blanket.
 
"Jeju Island? With the others?" she asks simply. "Why so sudden?"
 
"No special reason. I just want to take a walk for a while," I get out from my bed, right under Yoseob's bed.
 
Suddenly Doojoon, Yoseob, and Dongwoon step in the bedroom, looking at Haemi who just done with Junhyung's blanket.
 
"Come on, they are going too!" I pursuade her again, hoping the other members will help me.
 
"Going where?" Yoseob asks with confusion.
 
"Jeju Island tomorrow!" I grin. "Come on. It's been a while since we went somewhere together with Haemi."
 
"I meet you almost everyday," Haemi chuckles. "What time are we leaving tomorrow?"
 
She agrees!
 
"Thank you, Haemi ah!" I hug her from behind, wrapping my arms around her waist. "We're going to have fun tomorrow!"
 
As soon as I hug her, I feel someone is starring at me.
 
Without releasing my hold on her, I turn around slightly and see Dongwoon is holding his laughter. But Doojoon and Yoseob are avoiding my eyes; it's really obvious they are looking away from me.
 
"Yah, Gikwang ah," Haemi murmurs, "I can't fold the blanket!"
 
"Neee," I stick my left cheek on her right cheek, as a sign that I'm really happy.
 
And there, the deadly and cold glares start again.
 
I turn again and both of them immediately look away.
 
They can't be jealous... right?
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
Aigoo, Gikwang, you make my heart beats really fast. Why do you suddenly hug me?
 
I know that he likes to hug me from behind; I just never thought that I can blush like this because of him.
 
I can feel his muscular arms, circling around my waist, making me feel really safe and comfortable.
 
"Yah, Gikwang ah," I try to say as calm as possible, "I can't fold the blanket!"
 
"Neee," he presses his cheek on mine. He always do that if he is happy.
 
I blush even harder because of that. He releases his hug and I immediately make myself busy with another blanket, trying to hide the fact that my face is burning red.
 
"Anyone else is going with us?" I can hear Gikwang asks the others.
 
"I'm going!" Dongwoon answers with excitement.
 
"Me too," Yoseob mutters slowly.
 
"Doojoon?" Gikwang turns to Doojoon, waiting for his answer.
 
"I have recording tomorrow," he answers with his eyes on me. "Have fun tomorrow."
 
Why does he sound really disappointed?