Knockout

The Rabbit Hole

I never did get around to telling Jessica how I thought we were transported to different universes…dimensions—whatever. I didn’t get around to doing that because Jessica wasn’t listening to me and really, sometimes I think the only thing she can do is stare off into space and it seems like her brain needs to be inspected. While I was talking, she just stared at me with really wide eyes and she didn’t blink, which only added to the creepy factor.

But as I was saying to her, I think that we jump universes/dimensions/whatever whenever we make some sort of romantic connection. 

I think.

I’m not exactly sure, it’s just a hypothesis.

Evidence will be provided later but now Jessica is kissing me and it feels really good, like she’s a really good kisser Jesus Christ this is amazing.

————————

Well okay now we’re in a boxing ring.

As in: Jessica Jung vs Tiffany Hwang.

This is not ing good. 

I CAN’T FIGHT.

Jessica, on the other hand, looks like she is ready to kill me, eyes steeled and body in a proper fighting stance, while I place my gloved hands in front of me and fidget.
“Jessica!” I hiss, “Don’t do it!”
Jessica says nothing and before I can even roll my eyes a red blur flies towards my face and I’m on the floor and everything is spinning.
“Jung takes the first shot! Oh! A right hook to the head! That has gotta hurt!” the commentator says.
Yeah it does ing hurt, would you like to try?
“Hwang isn’t getting up, very much unlike her previous matches, where she knocked her opponents out cold, but they say Jung is on the same level as her, and by the way this match is going, that might be more than true.”

Can I pay him to shut up?

By the side of my head, I can hear something slamming against the floor and it’s annoying as hell.
“…THREE….TWO…ONE! KNOCKOUT!” Thanks ref. I had no idea. Something warm and wet trickles out of my nose, and I don’t need to see myself to know that it’s blood. 

I’m going kill Jessica.

That is my last thought before I black out.

————————

“Tiffany!” The light blinds me and I feel someone shake me violently. That voice sounds a lot like Jessica. I assume it’s her, and swing a heavy arm in the direction of her voice. 

Am I pissed off?

Yes.
“Tiffany, please,” she whines.
“No, you!” I shout. Or at least I try to shout. It comes out as “NoohuugHUH!” I can’t move my mouth. It seems my head has been anaesthetised. I can’t feel anything but a dull throb in my nose and the left side of my face.
“Tiffany,” Jessica says softly. Haha. I almost want to listen to her. “I really didn’t have a choice.”
“Uuhsshhehh.” (bull)
“I’m really sorry, but I only did it so that we would maintain the flow of this dimension and so that there wouldn’t be any extra hurt. And you weren’t going to do anything anyway were you?” she reasons.
“HunhHuh.” ( you) She has a point.

And I can’t be angry with her, not when she’s looking at me like a sad puppy and when her thumb traces circles on the back of my hand. And then she moves her chair closer and cups my swollen face with her hand and brushes the hair out of my face. She leans in slowly and kisses the swelling. I know I’m not supposed to feel anything but the spot she kisses feels like it’s on fire and i want her to do it again. I turn my head to look at her, and our eyes meet. I really am trying desperately to tell her to kiss me on the lips, and I don’t think aggressively shouting “KISS ME ON THE LIPS” over and over again in my head is going to make her aware of my desires, but it’s worth  try. We maintain eye contact for a few more seconds and the she closes her eyes and puts her lips on mine. 

At first, she’s gentle, probably because she doesn’t want to hurt me. With the little strength I have, I pull her in with my weakened arms and close my eyes too.

I think I forgive her.