Click Clack

The Rabbit Hole

Jessica and I are running through the forest. It’s quite hard to run in a dress. But thank god it’s relatively cool right now.

Right now, we’re following a river. 

Why is this river so long.

Why.

“Tiffany, I need to piss,” Jessica says as she stops running, panting slightly.
“I think I need a break.”
“I’ll just go behind one of these bushes.”
“Alright, don’t go too far, and make sure you don’t piss on a snake or something.”
“Ah yes,” she says as she squats behind a bush about ten metres away, “run me by the wild animals of south central China again.
“Well,” I begin, “giant pandas, golden snub nosed monkeys, Chinese dormice, leopard cats, those are only ones I can think of right now.”
“Hmm well we’d better watch out for those leopard cats.”
“Actually…they’re about the size of a house cat.”
“What? Really? So south central China has no predators?” Jessica raises an eyebrow.
“No…not that I can remember…”

We continue trudging on after Jessica relieves herself.

Let’s see…predators of southern China…
“Dholes and foxes, snakes too.”
“What?”

“Those are predators,” I explain.
“OH. Well I would definitely not like to step on a snake anytime soon.”
I nod in agreement.

Wait a minute…is that a hut?
“Oi Jessica,” I grab her shoulder.
“What?” she turns around.
Pointing to the little hut, I speak excitedly, “look! There’s a hut!”
“Oh thank God.”
“Wait. We need to cross this river,” I stop.
Motherer,” Jessica groans.
“It’s pretty shallow, I think we can wade through it,” I say as I hold out my hand for her to hold. She takes it and we remove our shoes, holding them as we dip our feet into the water.

And suddenly, Jessica is gone and I am behind a desk in a grey cubicle.

Let me just tell you more about this dimension-jumping, time-travelling thing. It doesn’t happen on a predictable basis, it’s whenever. Like for example, I could be lying down asleep in a bed, and the next thing I know, Jessica is next to me and we’re in the middle of the road. Sometimes we’ll remain in a universe or time period for weeks or days at a time, and be transported without warning.
“Tiff are you okay?” a woman asks. From what I can remember, she is Kwon Yuri.

Oh Yuri is in this universe too. She looks exactly the same.

“Yeah I’m fine.”
“Are you sure? Because you were kinda jolting around in your sleep,” she asks in a concerned tone.
“What was that? Hwang? Asleep?” a cold voice scoffs.
“Oh um good afternoon Mrs Jung,” Yuri says, getting up from her seat, bowing.
I do the same, “good afternoon Mrs Jung.”
“Hwang. Come with me,” Jessica says as she turns around quickly, her heels clicking on the linoleum floor. Yuri shoots me an apologetic look as she returns to her seat.
The incessant sound of clicking keyboards is slowly driving me mad.

When we enter Jessica’s office, she lets out a large breath, and stretches her back.
“Oh my god. You have no idea how hard it is to have to pretend to be haughty all the time,” she whined.
“Well, yeah I wouldn’t, but you never have to pretend do you?” I laugh.
“You know what, shut the up.”
“Kay, sorry.”
“Anyway, I’ve kinda figured out what we are in this universe.”
“What?”
“Take a look at your hand.”
I raise my hand to my eyes and notice a wedding ring, “I’m married?”
“Yup. And guess who to?”
“Uh…some guy?” I shrug. Jessica shows me her hand.
“To…you?!” Are you serious?!
“I know, right?! Neither of us can cook for ,” she grumbles, running her hands through her hair in frustration.
“That wasn’t the reason for my surprise, but now that I realise it, WE’RE SCREWED.”

The door opens, and a woman pokes her head through the gap.
“Um sorry to interrupt you, Mrs Jung, and you, Tiffany, but I asked me to remind you of your anniversary, which is today. Happy anniversary to you two, bye the way,” she smiles.
“Um oh, thanks uh…I’m sorry I can’t believe it either but, I forgot your name,” Jessica smiles.
The woman seems to be taken by surprise, as though the Jessica of this universe doesn’t normally act that way, “oh! Well, that’s okay, as long as you don’t forget your own anniversary! But, I’m Yoona, Mrs Jung, you know, your secretary?” she smirks.
“Ah right, Yoona. I’m sorry,” Jessica coughs awkwardly, she clears .
“It’s okay, Mrs Jung, I’ll go now, good night. You too, Tiffany.”

When she leaves, Jessica lets out another relieved sigh.
“Anniversary?” I wonder out loud.
“Do you have a phone on you?” she asks.
I feel my pockets, “yeah, why?”
“Check your wallpaper and photos. What kind of married couple are we?”

I turn on the phone. The first thing I see besides the time is a picture of Jessica (or rather this universe’s Jessica) grinning at the camera while I kiss her cheek. I show the phone to Jessica.
“I don’t know, you tell me.”
“Are we…newlyweds?” she squints at the phone.
“No we aren’t. We’re already having an anniversary, you dummy,” I roll my eyes.
“Well how long have we been married then?”

To answer that question, my phone buzzes and I am notified of a message.

Lee Soonkyu
    Oh yeah you guys are having your first aniversery right? happy thing to you guys. (tone down on the ytimes k)

“She didn’t spell anniversary right,” Jessica points out.
“S-s-ytimes?!” I stutter, “oh god. I can’t imagine doing it with you. Ugh,” I shudder.
“Excuse you. What’s wrong with my body?” Jessica turns around, hands on her hips.

There is nothing wrong with her body, I must say, she does look extremely attractive in formal wear.

“Are you checking me out?” she asks.
“UH NO! WHY WOULD I DO THAT?” I blush.
“Who wouldn’t?” she smirks. She moves closer towards me, a sly smile on her face.

What have I just gotten into?!

 

 

_________________________
_________________________

DEFINITELY 100% CRACK
THANKS FOR SUBBING AND STUFF
I really didn't expect all this
Thanks~