Chapter 13

Soy Milk Lattes and Silent Baristas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan wakes up in the morning sprawled across Minseok who is on the floor nestled between three couch cushions and the now-empty cardboard box which once held twelve bottles of soju. His mouth is dry and it takes a large amount of energy to haul himself up and off of his sleeping partner to lie on the cold, hard floor next to him. Minseok mumbles in his sleep and turns over to face Luhan, his hair pushed forward over his forehead in a way that makes him look much, much younger. Once again the blonde is stuck by how doll-like he looks, small and beautifully proportioned, all slim limbs and smooth, unmarred skin. Luhan just wants to sit and look at his beauty forever.

Dawn is breaking and he shuffles into the kitchen to check the time in the stove-top clock. Barely morning at all, really. He should still be sleeping. He tiptoes back out of the chilly room and into the living room, taking care not to wake any of his sleeping friends in the process. It is cold and he removes the rest of the pillows from the couch and creates a sort of nest out of them next to Minseok, lying down once he has created a suitable sleeping place for himself. It’s a good day to sleep until noon, he thinks to himself, and dozes off again.

He wakes up to the sound of the shower running, Kris grumbling to himself while he scrambles around in the kitchen, and Minseok perched on the edge of the sofa like a little owl, gazing down at him with inquisitive brown eyes. “Ughh…” Luhan sits up. He can feel his hair sticking up in an embarrassing way and tries to smooth it down, but the wiry blond mass is intent on staying where it is and it bounces back up again. Minseok laughs quietly, his chuckle sounding a bit raspy and awkward from sleep, and slides off the couch to sit on the floor next to Luhan who kisses him. You need to shave.

You do too. You’re all prickly. Minseok pokes Luhan on the cheek and then takes back the notepad I need to go shopping today, after we’re all cleaned up.

Okay…what is the date, anyway?

You’re really sleepy, aren’t you? It’s the 19th…I think.

Oh well. Who’s in the shower? I need to shower.

It’s Yixing. He’s hung over.

Okay, I’ll give him time to wash himself up…how was your night?

It was pretty good! It was my first time sleeping over with more than one friend…

Really?

Yes, Jongdae and I have had ‘sleepovers’ and I’ve slept over with you, but never with a group like this. It wasn’t what I had expected.

Well I hope it was a good experience. Usually, people of our age don’t sleep over with others but my roommates are kind of childish.

Kkk. Not too childish. They’re good people.

That’s right! I’ve put up with them for what…ten years now?

Ah, long time friends. Minseok looks wistful and Luhan attempts to change the subject.

Anyway, are you feeling better? After your pneumonia and all, on top of everything…

Minseok thinks for a moment and then shrugs, Truthfully, I’m feeling weaker than I was before I got sick, which was much weaker than I was originally, but I guess other than that I’m doing really good. Definitely not feeling flu symptoms anymore…and I’ve got a bit of an appetite again.

That’s really good! I try not to worry about you, but it’s kind of hard with the cold weather and all. Is the heat back on in your apartment? I forgot to ask.

Yeah, but I haven’t had it on because like I said…it’s very expensive. But really, like I’ve said, don’t worry about me! My mom surprised me with a really nice warm coat and it’s working nicely.

Okay, okay…but like I said, you can come stay here if you need to. Yixing can sleep in here or something so we can have the bedroom to ourselves.

Minseok smirks at the last part and then replies I’ll promise I’ll tell you if I need that ^^

Luhan nods in response, stretching and rubbing sleep from the corners of his eyes I regret sleeping on the floor like that, I’m really sore.

               I’m sorry about that, I think we gradually just all just fell asleep after the game. I’m really stiff.

               Sounds about right…you can stretch if you want, I need to go get something to eat.

               Well, I’ll be waiting when you come back. Minseok stands up and attempts to touch his toes, almost succeeding and then being forced back up to standing. He sighs and Luhan thinks that this is a good time to go and locate some toast.

               Returning to the living room with a piece of warm bread in hand, he piles the cushions back onto the old couch and sits down again, watching Minseok attempt to rid himself of his floor-induced stiffness. I have to move slow though, like I said…I’ve done a lot of walking recently and my muscles aren’t that happy with me, to be honest.

               If I’d have known that I would have had us walk less, I’m sorry. Luhan chews his toast, feeling guilty and wishing that he had thought about that in advance.

              

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter