Chapter 2: Miracles and What Not

Love Crisis ?!

Miracles and What Not

 

It is said that the universe is rarely so lazy to make coincidences and when it does we call them miracles. Which means everything that happened, is happening or will be happening have its purpose. If things happen without a reason then we should be happy because we’re one of the few who managed to witness a wonder.

However, some people do not want disturbances in their lives. They’re perfectly happy in their plain, old and boring craps which make them disturbingly comfortable. They believe that change or any slight variation in their accustomed way of living will lead to the destruction of their life. They’re the people who live in their comfort zone - the people who are afraid of change.

And they’re usually the kind of people the universe messes up.

 

Jessica is happy with her life. She is drop dead gorgeous, has a perfect body, wealthy parents who acts like a 24/7 ATM and most of all, no romantic interest which may or may not ruin her life. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) unlike other girls in the same status as her who have boyfriends, Jessica does not play that way. She believes in love, or like what romanticists like Shakespeare would say, One True Love. So if ever she is to have a boyfriend, he should be the one and not just a fling. She is not giving her heart to anyone who stumbles in front of her, suddenly saying I’m in love with you. And more importantly, not to someone she meets on a blind date.

Blind dates are a huge EW for her.

Why?

Blind dates are for desperate people. And she is definitely not desperate for a man. She believes that her one true love is out there, maybe with the wrong girl at the moment or maybe waiting for her too, but he definitely will not be in some blind date.

Her one true love isn’t like that.

How does she know? She just do.

“Aside from your parents’ wealth, what good are you?” Jessica said straightforwardly, doing her best to make the man in front of her who looked like he came from a korean boy band, go home and cry.

“Sorry?” The young man said, twitching an eyebrow.

“You heard me.” Jessica said coldly, “What would I get from you? And don’t give for an answer, I could get that anywhere.”

“This sounds like a job interview.” The man said trying to get a laugh from the girl in front of him which didn’t bulge a bit.

“I don’t like small talks.” Sica said as she looked at her watch. “I don’t like blind dates as well.”

“Then why are you here?”

“And I think I don’t like you, too.”

‘Ouch’ He thought. “That’s harsh of you to say. You don’t even know me.” He said with a half-assed smile.

“I gave you the chance. You spoiled it away. If I were you I’d leave now and tell your parents that you don’t want to be associated with Jessica Jung in any possible way.”

“Then maybe another chance? The ambiance here isn’t that great, just- just one more chance okay?”

‘Pathetic’ Jessica thought. “Yeah, the ambiance is not great, so are you.”

The guy however still didn’t want to give up. Jessica is too pretty – too perfect to lose, minus the attitude that is. He may never find a girl like this again. 

“Look here; tell me the things that you like. Maybe at some point our likes would intersect.”

Jessica smiled, “Okay."

The guy felt proud of himself.

“Let’s start at the things I dislike.” She started, “For starters, I hate blind dates and sitting in a restaurant with a pathetic guy like you.”

“Really?! Pathetic? You don’t know me Miss Jung.”

“Oh dearie, I don’t have to know you to say that you’re pathetic. You're in a blind date for heaven’s sake.”

“You’re in a blind date too.”

“Not by choice.”

“You know, you’ll never get a guy with that attitude.”

“Who said I want to have a guy in the first place.” Jessica said unleashing the -please face.

“Then why the are you even here?” The guy said losing some of his cool. He feigned a cough. “I’m sorry. It’s just that, you’re being hard to please.”

Jessica just stared at him.

“Please excuse me.” The kpop-idol look alike said as he got up from his seat. ‘And I hope you get hit by a car you witch.’ He thought as he forced a smile.

“My time was spent well too,” Jessica said sarcastically. Heh, the date was so boring she didn’t even remember the guy’s name.

She scrolled through her phone trying to relieve boredom. She still has one more stupid date to go for the week. If this is her job, she would be rich now or maybe not, because of the customers’ feedbacks.

It has been a week since she talked with Tiffany, but there’s still no update with the boyfriend project. What the , she needed one right now to stop this idiocy of her parents.

‘Romeo, Romeo where art thou?’ She thought.

Jessica corrected herself, ‘More like: Pretend Romeo, Pretend Romeo, where art thou?’

She grabbed her bag and picked up a book, she has been reading this ever since she bought it on the dumb shop where the guy who looked like a girl spoiled the ending.

“Oh my god this is getting sad.” Jessica said as she placed her hand on . She’s on the part where Hazel Grace is telling Augustus that she is a grenade.

‘No you idiot. Augustus will die before you do so don’t worry about dying.’ She said to herself mentally.

‘Why the hell would John Green write a sad story like this?! Why can’t they live happily ever after? Does the universe always interfere with your happiness? Rather, does John Green always interfere with your happiness? But why is the Fault in the stars still so romantic after all the cancers? Where is my own Augustus Waters. Please don’t be dead; I’m yet to meet you. And please don’t have a cancer.’

Jessica was getting deeper and deeper nonsensical thoughts when her phone rang.

“Good lord.” She muttered. It was her mother.

Sica: What do you want?

Mom: I’m just checking up on my baby. How did the date go?

Sica: It has only been 30 minutes mom. Why would you think the date already ended?

Mom: Because it is already 30 minutes my dear and you can’t’ stand 30 minutes worth of handsome date. You get allergies.

Sica: Then maybe you should stop sending me to these dumb blind dates.

Mom: We’re not having this kind of conversation for the hundredth time Jessica.

Sica: For the hundredth time mom, why won’t you ever listen to me?

Mom: You know this is all for you my dear.

Sica: I don’t mom. I really appreciate the effort but I’ll find a guy on my own.

Mom: Yes Yes you will. But we had an agreement didn’t we? You have to continue these so called dumb blind dates until you find your own man.

Sica: Whatever.

Mom: I love you too. Now, you have to meet Mr. Kwon in that same restaurant for dinner okay? Be a good girl and make mommy proud.

Sica: Ughh.

Mom: Bye.

Sica: Okay.

Mom: Don’t forget to attend your father’s birthday party.

Sica: Suuure. Bye mom.

She looked at her watch, it’s only 3 pm. She still has time to spare. Sadly, the only bookstore in a walking distance from the restaurant she’s in is the stupid-guy-who-looks-like-a-girl’s bookstore. So no, it’s not the answer to her boredom.

She chose to go in a nearby arcade instead.

 

 ( 〃▽〃)   ( 〃▽〃)

 

“Have we met before?”

Taeyeon didn’t answer, not wanting to get into the topic. She continued fixing the damned machine which did not release the tickets of the cold hearted girl beside her.

Yes people, they meet again.

“I’m talking to you. Are you deaf or something?” Jessica said in a plain tone which sadly, still sounded in a very cruel way in Taeyeon’s ears.

“Do you want your fuc-“ Taeyeon stopped at her sentence. No cussing, else she might lose the job. “Do you want your tickets or not?”

“Of course I do. Else, I wouldn’t have called for some support.” Sica answered, “And I’m just asking whether we have met before. You look familiar.”

“No, I don’t think so. You must’ve mistaken me from someone else.” Taeyeon said forcing a smile. “There it is. The ticket is flowing like a river. Good day to you ma’am. I must head somewhere else, my people needs me.”

Jessica chuckled at Taeyeon’s sass.

‘Wow, that’s a first.’ Taeyeon thought. Seeing the other girl’s face in another light (aside from the y one), made Taeyeon feel like there’s a whole new world out there. Now she felt bad for judging the cold hearted girl when they first met. Well it’s not Taeyeon’s fault that the other girl may be having her PMS on their first meeting.

“Are you sure? Cause I really think I’ve seen you before.”

“Well, i'm usually on the places where there is a job. And a lot of people say that beautiful people always look alike.” Taeyeon said finally engaging into talking with the other girl.

“Whatever then,” Jessica said grabbing her tickets which can’t fit into her hands anymore because hell, she’s good with wasting time on arcades and she got her eyes into that cute Pikachu stuffed toy. Taeyeon was about to go when Sica clutched her shirt.

“Here.” Sica said, giving her tickets to Taeyeon.

“What?” Taeyeon said with a confused face.

“I want the Pikachu stuff toy. Don’t you work here?” Sica demanded.

“I do. But that’s not my job, go fall in line there.” Taeyeon said, pointing at the somewhat short but enough to take time line.

“That’s why I’m taking the short route.” Sica said smiling at Taeyeon.

Damn that smile.

You know that feeling of overwhelming happiness and gratitude you get when someone offers you a cool drink after running your whole life?  Well, it might be an exaggeration but this is the feeling you get when this girl smiles at you.

Damn that smile. Really. But no.

“No, I don’t think so.” Taeyeon smiled back. “The line isn’t even that long. And for a stranger, you demand so much miss.”

“Just trying my luck.”

“Well, the world is not a wish-granting factory after all.” Taeyeon said, unaware that she just used a the fault in our stars quote.

“Oh.” Jessica muttered at the realization. No, not about the wish-granting . About this girl in front of her. “That’s why you looked familiar. Do you have a brother which really looked like you?”

“What?!” Taeyeon said in state of shock. “Brother?"

“Yeah, the bookstore guy.”

What the hell is this girl saying? Brother?! She’s an only child for pete’s sake. And Taeyeon is pretty sure that the one who met this girl, was her.

But really, what brother is she talking about?

Unless.

She got mistaken as a guy in the bookstore.

Does she look like a guy?! Well, for Taeyeon of course she didn’t! What the hell is wrong with this girl’s eyesight. For all she could remember, she was wearing a baggy pants and a hoodie back then… with a bonnet which covered most of her hair. And she didn’t really wear make-up. Hell, this is insulting. Did she really look like a guy?!

“Do I look like a guy to you?” was all Taeyeon could say with all the feelings she just lost in an instant.

“N-no. I’m asking if you have a brother, I’m not saying that you are him. I’m sorry if I somewhat offended you.” Sica apologized. “Sorry for bothering you.”

‘That’s a first again. Am I getting lucky today?’

“And thanks for the help.”

‘I should bet on the lottery later.’ Taeyeon thought.

“No! I’m sorry. The guy, that’s my brother. I think.” Taeyeon said.

‘Why the hell did I say that?’

“Oh.” Sica replied, “Thanks for enlightening me. I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night with that mystery unsolved.”

Sica smiled, “I’m Jessica by the way.”

‘It’s because this damn girl will never smile at the guy in the bookstore like the way she does now.’

“You can call me Taeyeon.” She said, smiling back.

 “Same as your brother?” Sica wondered.

“He’s Taecyeon.” Taeyeon chuckled as a cold sweat started forming in her forehead. ‘That was close.’

“I have to go now and have my tickets changed, and is that your manager? I think he’s mad.”

“Ah, yeah yeah. Nice meeting you then.”

Taeyeon can’t wait to tell her bestfriend about this wonderful meeting she just experienced. 

 

A/N: Hi guys! haha! Chapter 2 upppp! My keyboard is getting crappy so i wasn't able to write ugh . Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter with the Taengsic interaction lmao.