Chapter 1: No Way?! Yes Way!

Love Crisis ?!

No Way?! Yes Way! 

 

“Oh my god. I’m in love with Taeyeon.”

If you think that love comes naturally and romantically develops slowly, then you are living a lie. Sometimes it comes to you without you actually knowing and when you finally come into your senses all you can do is either be happy for yourself because you are in love or cry because you never intended to fall in love in the first place. In the case of Tiffany Hwang it’s the latter.

Or maybe it’s both.

Nothing is more romantic than falling in love with your best friend after all.

In Tiffany’s eyes Kim Taeyeon is perfect in every way; her dorky attitude, her voice, her face, her nose, her eyes, her lips- her everything. She has accepted this fact even before she knew that she is in love with this byuntae.

And nothing will make Tiffany happier if they did end up together. If they did end up together that is.

The problem?

Tiffany is a girl and her best friend Taeyeon is also a girl. And no, it’s just a big N O. Tiffany Hwang will never fall for a girl. Even if it is with her super adorable best friend whose mere breathing makes Tiffany’s heart go thump-thump.

Tiffany is not gay and will never be.

She doesn’t want to be a disgrace to her parents who will probably disown her once they knew. What would her friends say? And more importantly, What if Taeyeon doesn’t feel the same. What if this forbidden feeling will be the cause of their friendship’s end.

“Ughh.” She covered her face with her hands.

“Fany? What’s going on?” A familiar voice said as she sat in front of Tiffany.

“No, nothing. I’m just – ugh never mind.” Tiffany said as she sipped her coffee. “Why the sudden call Sica?”

“Can’t I have a breakfast with my precious childhood friend without any reason at all?” Jessica said dramatically.

Tiffany raised an eyebrow. “It’s you we’re talking about so NO. You only call me when you need something from me or when you’re in deep . So spit it out Mister.”

“You make me sound like a douche Fany-ah.” Sica pouted,

“I only speak the truth. And stop that pout, that won’t work on me. You owe me a friendship date.”

“Awh, It’s so cute when you act like you actually missed me.” Sica said sarcastically, “You’re too busy with that Tae-something that you forgot to tell me you changed your phone number.” She added with a touch of y smirk at the end.

“It’s Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon. And unlike you, she doesn’t only hang out with me when she needs something.”

“Whatever. Go with her all you want but she’ll never be as gorjess as me.” Jessica said b with confidence. “Anyways, I don’t have much time. My parents are setting me up on a blind date again and as much as I want to with you about it, I can’t because ugh what the hell is wrong with my freaking parents. Can’t they understand that I love being single. And for ’s sake I’m so young for marriage.”

“Wha-“ Tiffany’s face flushed red in an instant. Fu- Taeyeon?With all the things her childhood friend said, it’s the only thing that Tiffany heard.

“?!” was the only thing that Tiffany managed to say.

“Yes, what the indeed. Don’t they understand the concept of free will? And believe it or not, I believe my parents will stoop down the level of fixed marriage – which is so out dated by the way, just to see me walking down the aisle with some man who I don’t even have romantic feelings with.” Jessica ed, “And they’re ruining my chance to meet my one true love in a very deranged yet romantic way.” She sighed.

“You know all I heard was blah blahblah I’m making excuses to be single forever with the concept of one true love.” Tiffany said with no absolute s to give to her whining friend. “What do you want me to do? Make ‘Wanted: Jessica Jung’s True Love’ Poster or invent a human robot which will cater to your every whim?” she rolled her eyes.

“The hell?” Jessica crossed her arms, “First of all, My one true love exists somewhere and he is not a manufactured robot. Second of all, even if I want a robot boyfriend – which I don’t and oh by the way, please stop watching too much television show and get a life, you won’t be the one doing it because you can’t even plug a cable.”

“Whatever.” Tiffany said as she leaned her back on the chair, she looked at her phone wishing for a certain message from a certain taeyeon to come. “What do you want me to do then?” She said as she crossed her arms too.

“Find me a boy.”

“Oh god. If pedophelia is your thing, I’m out.”

“Not a boy as in a kid dummy.” Jessica said, “A man okay. Here,” She added as she handed Tiffany a folder containing the qualifications of the guy she wants. “A temporary boyfriend. I just need him until my parents stop pestering me which will probably never gonna happen. I’m willing to pay if necessary.”

“What?!” Tiffany said, shocked at the level of desperation her friend has.

“I’m desperate Fany. I need your help.”

“And why would I help you?”

“Because you’re my friend and you love me.” Jessica said sincerely “You know I’m ready to do the same for you.”

Tiffany sighed. “I’ll do my best, but I won’t promise anything.”

“You’re the best!” Jessica beamed as she held Tiffany’s hands. “I gotta go now, I’m an hour late with my effing blind date. Call me ‘kay?”

And with that Tiffany’s childhood friend, Jessica Jung vanished in to thin air without ordering anything. “This girl is really out of her mind.” Tiffany chuckled to herself.

Tiffany ordered another round of strawberry short cake because of personal reasons which we will never comprehend or maybe Sica’s marriage crisis; add up her own identity crisis made her starving. She devoured the cake as if it’s the answer to her problems. When she’s finally full, her phone rang.

There’s a message from Kim Taeyeon.

Tiffany smiled like a mad man and clicked her phone intensely to view her best friend’s message.

“Morning Fany-ah~

I just woke up. Did you have your breakfast yet?

If you still haven’t maybe we can eat together?

                                                                                                TY with love”

Tiffany looked at her empty plate of short cake, then to Taeyeon’s message again. Why the hell wouldn’t she accept the offer?! She could eat Taeyeon all day. And no, not eat-eat because that’s cannibalism. You know, eat as in… . Tiffany’s face flushed for the nth time.

She read the message again, ‘Oh, it’s not eat each other. It’s eat together. What the hell am I thinking? And no, I’m not gay. Stop scumbag heart.No homo please.’

‘I hate you and your whole existence Kim Taeyeon’ she thought as she pressed [send message] which of course consisted of her saying ‘I just woke up too and I haven’t eaten yet. Let’s meet at the usual?’

Oh, the things Tiffany Hwang would do for the sake of love err, friendship or love for friendship.

Now that she thinks about it, what if this feeling she’s having for Taeyeon is not love? Rather, it’s friendship all along- a next level kind of friendship. Something like, Super Best friendship. Yes that’s it! Or maybe they’re soul mates - what a lovely word it is. She read once that soul mates do not necessarily fall in love with each other. They bring the best and worst in you. It’s the ultimate bond you could share with someone. Soul mates… soul mates it is. She felt happy with the idea.

After a few minutes of waiting, her best friend turned into self-proclaimed soul mate, Kim Taeyeonarrivedwearing baggy shorts and large shirtwith a cap hiding her hair which made her look like a lost yet y kid. Before Tiffany could drown her into the thoughts of possible a (and thank god taeyeon is not really a kid) she immediately came back into her senses after Taeyeon waved her hand and gave her a smile as she approached the mentally drooling girl.

“Good morning Fany-ah.” Taeyeon sat in front of Tiffany. “I hope I didn’t disturb your beauty sleep.”

“Of course not, TaeTae.” Tiffany said, trying her best to give her cutest eye smile.

“You’ve already eaten?” Taeyeon said looking at the empty plate in front of Tiffany.

“No, no no.” Fany denied, “I just got here too. It’s from the other customer. Why would I eat without you?”

Taeyeonblushed a little or maybe it’s just Tiffany having hallucinations.

The two took their usual orders with the waiter having a judging eye on Tiffany – who on the nth time is ordering a short cake again with coffee.

‘I’m having salad for dinner.’ Tiffany said to herself.

I really like having breakfasts with you Fany-ah.” Taeyeon said while eating the croissant she ordered.

“W-what?” And yes, the only thing that Tiffany heard was the italicized words. “Taengoo… I feel the same. I’m happy that you do too. I mean, I’m having this internal conflict but because of you, I feel like I’m ready to face anything. I love you Kim Taeyeon”

Taeyeon looked at her with a confused face. Then she let out a chuckle which Tiffany would replay in her head before she sleep this night. “You’re weird. But cute-weird. And I love you too Fany-ah, you’re my best friend.”

“That’s what I said.” Fany said, trying to brush the word best friend-zone which is currently echoing in her head.

“The thing is, I’m not sure if I could still afford to have breakfasts with you or spend time with you anymore. My parents stopped giving money.” Taeyeon said as she looked down. “I’m getting a night job too.”

“NO WAY?!” Tiffany said dramatically. No. Breakfasts with Taeyeon is the reason she gets up every morning and if they will take that privilege away, then Tiffany might as well take suicide.

“It’s really disappointing but there’s nothing I can do.” Taeyeon said, forcing a laugh. “If only there’s a job which could pay me money without doing anything at all.”

Then, something caught Tiffany’s attention- her lunatic childhood friend’s folder. ‘But Taeyeon is a girl.’ She thought. ‘Though she looks like a boy sometimes…’

‘This is silly. Don’t involve Taeyeon with that lunatic’s problems Tiffany.’ She said, contradicting her first thought.

‘But this is the only way for TaeTae to have easy money.’

‘She’s not even a guy! If you’re really desperate in helping your friend then why don’t you make her your pretend girlfriend?’

‘What?!That is very low of you Tiffany Hwang’ Tiffany shook her head. ‘Now you’re thinking like your lunatic childhood friend.’

‘But I don’t wanna see TaeTae doing heavy work.’

‘Don’t you believe in her?!’

‘I do b-but.’

‘Now this conversation is going nowhere. And no, Taeyeon is not the solution to Sica’s problem. And Sica is not the solution to Taeyeon’s problem.’ She finally thought to herself, ending the self-conversation she’s having.

Now Taeyeon is looking at her with a confused look. What the hell is happening with Tiffany Hwang?

“S-sorry. This is really sad to hear Taetae,” Tiffany said. “I’ll try to help in finding a job, don’t worry.”

“Thanks Fany-ah. And I’m sorry for telling you my problem. I don’t want to burden you or anything.” Taeyeon said as she held Tiffany’s hand which made Tiffany blush real hard.

“N-no. No problem. You’re never a burden to me. You should know that Kim Taeyeon.”

“Are you sick? Your face is red Fany-ah.” Taeyeon said as she placed her hand on the blushing girl’s face.

“I- I got to go now. Call me later okay?” Tiffany said as she hurried out.

“O-okay. Be sure to take medicine,”

After a few minutes of contemplating on what kind of night job she should take without the involvement of the word or body selling, Taeyeon decided to get out of the store and take her usual morning walk. She was about to stand up when she noticed the folder which her best friend probably owns. Due to her curiosity, she opened it and flipped through its pages.

“Boyfriend qualifications...” She read the first sentence.

‘Why the hell did Tiffany have this? Is she in dire need of a guy or what?’ Taeyeon thought as she felt her stomach tighten.

She was about to read more but she managed to stop herself.

“I should get going.” Taeyeon said to herself. “I’ll just give it to her later.” She smiled, happy that she has an excuse to see her best friend again.

 

                                                                          ( 〃▽〃)   ( 〃▽〃)

 

“Need help with something?” Taeyeon said to the gorgeous girl in front of her which unquestionably looks like she needs help. And to clear her conscience out, she did not take the initiative of asking this because the girl is strikingly attractive. Kim Taeyeon is not attracted to dazzling human-beings. She believes that beauty on the outside is nothing compared to what’s inside. And by what’s inside didn’t necessarily mean undies. For Taeyeon, it’s the personality that counts. But sometimes, it’s butts or both.

The gorgeous girl arched an eyebrow, looking unhappy – more like pissed.

“Sorry, I just thought –“ Taeyeon said, taken aback by the other girl’s action.

“If I needed your help mister, I would’ve asked for it.” Jessica said coldly as she tried to lift the stack of books on the desk. Seriously, can guys stop hitting on her for just an hour? Can’t she visit a bookstore or any normal place without a guy asking for her number? Oh god. If being born beautiful has this kind of perks then she didn’t want a bit of beauty. Okay, maybe she wanted a little, but that’s still debatable.

As usual, Jessica managed to be a total with her blind date that the poor guy made a pathetic excuse just to get out of the hell he was in. And as usual, Sica got the usual nagging from her parents. It’s not her fault that the guy has a weak heart. If he can’t accept her in her -state then he definitely does not deserve her at her best.

And for Sica, the only thing that would save her day from being ruined is buying books. She loves books as much as she loves being single.

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon said as she went back arranging books. This is her day job.

Suddenly, she heard a stack of books from falling. It was from that gorgeous cold-blooded girl.

Being a gentlewoman in nature, Taeyeon helped the damsel in distress with a smirk on her face saying “See, I told you, you needed help.” She said as she picked up a book entitled The Fault in Our Stars.

“You know, it’s not a sin to ask for help.” Taeyeon whispered but audible enough for the other girl to hear.  “I’m Kim Taeyeon. I work here.” Taeyeon said, smiling. “And you are?”

“None of your business.” Jessica replied.

“For someone as cold as you are, it’s amazing that you read John Green’s books.” Taeyeon said. “Augustus Waters dies in that one.” She smirked.

Jessica rolled her eyes and went to the counter to pay for the books. There’s no way she’ll come back to this god forsaken store again. That damn guy just spoiled the book she has wanted to read for months. If their paths were to meet again, she promised to herself that she will get back to that rude- man.

 

A/N: Thank you guysss~ I'm sorry if the characters are way too OOC. I tried okay?! ; A ; Just to clear things out, Sica doesn't know that Taeyeon is a girl OTL OTL OTL The hell am i babbling about. Anyways, see you again! Love you all xoxo