Chapter 3: Wait - What?!

Love Crisis ?!

Wait - What?!

 

“B-but Yoona! You know I can’t do this.” Taeyeon complained for the nth time this day to her roommate who’s giving her an opportunity to have easy money without involving the words , but only use-of-the-body-inappropriately and deceit.

“We’re both girls in dire need of money. And I have the solution for it! This is just for one night.” Yoona said with almost a begging tone. “Everything is to your advantage Taengoo.”

“And it’s a damn big party. We can take out foods after.” The other girl continued, giggling about the thought of party and take-out foods.

“That’s the thing Yonna-ah. We’re girls. And I can’t believe you’ve been doing this for – heaven knows how long!” Taeyeon said, not believing the capacity of people in dire need of money to succumb in dirty ways to obtain such.

Taeyeon has already done all kinds of job – not including dirty jobs of course, ever since her parents stopped providing her money. Damn her pride. Damn their pride too. For heaven’s sake, she’s their only child! How could they do this hell of a punishment to her?

Oh wait. It’s all her fault. Mainly.

But no. It’s not the time for this regrets and what not. She can live without them.

But she can’t live without money, and that’s a fact.

But her roommate’s solution is just so obscene. But it could work. If they’re not going to get busted that is. And the pay is rather good for a one-night job. It’s not like they’re going to be selling their bodies to some rich old men who’s going to die soon or something.

But this is deceit.

But money.

Why must life be so hard?!

“You must think about it Taengoo.” Yoona said as she started eating the instant noodles in front of her. “We will only be doing this once. And as much as I would like to give you the time to think, the job is actually tonight.”

“Wha-what?!” Taeyeon said in shock.

The job-offer was somewhat like the noodles they’re eating. Almost expired. And Taeyeon knew, that regret always come later.

“Okay, okay. I’m accepting it.” Taeyeon said in defeat. “I’m doing this for the noodles and rent. But,” Taeyeon paused dramatically, “If we’re to get busted, you will shoulder everything.”

“And you should know, I’m not that good of a liar. They kind of whoop that out of you in catholic school.” Taeyeon said with a hint of bitterness.

With that, Yoona’s face grew as bright as the sun. “Don’t worry Taengoo. They won’t be talking to you. I promise.”

 “So, let me explain to you the whole details.” She continued.  “Manager Lee is in terrible need of waiters. He doesn’t want waitresses because you know he’s kinda gay. But the thing is, guys are kinda traumatized with him, so the applicants decreased greatly – leading us to have twice the normal pay. Isn’t it amazing?” Yoona beamed.

Taeyeon crossed her eyebrows.

“And it so happened that I got these wonderful wigs from a friend.” Yoona said proudly as she opened the cabinet beside her and grabbed the wigs with the price tag still on. “I can’t wait to try them on a party. This will be exciting.”

“So basically,” Taeyeon said, “You’re just dragging me here at the waiter thing for you to… cross-dress?”

“No, no no.” Yoona said shaking her head. “It’s for the mainly for the money. And yeah, somewhat for the cross-dressing too.”

“You’re weird Yoona-ah.” Taeyeon said as she tried the wig.

“You look handsome!”

“Praise will lead you to nowhere.” Taeyeon replied, “But you didn’t really explain the details of the party thing.”

“Oh right, sorry.” Yoona said, “There’s gonna be a birthday party for a rich old man. So basically, it’s a rich-people party. That’s all I know.”

Taeyeon pouted. What’s there to know anyway? But then again, this party thing gave her bad vibes. As if something bad will happen to her there. But she always feel that too whenever she goes out of her apartment. And things can’t get worse can it? And no, that’s not a challenge.

“Anyways,” Taeyeon added, “Your thing for cross-dressing will lead you to problems. Go find another hobby Yoona-ah.”

“Nah, I don’t think it will. Everything goes according to my plan.”

 

 ( 〃▽〃)   ( 〃▽〃)

 

According to Einstein’s theory of relativity, time differs from person to person. For example, time flies when you’re enjoying what you’re doing, on the other hand time is a snail in marathon when you’re in a party like this with no interesting craps at all. Jessica is not sure whether the analogy with Einstein’s theory is correct or not but the bottom line of all these unnecessary thoughts is that this party is a big b o r e.

By the way, RIP Einstein. Good for him though, he doesn’t have to attend parties like this.

It’s not that she hates that her father managed to live another year, it’s just that there’re so many bachelors in the party probably wanting to get to know her. Or maybe she’s just getting paranoid. No one has really approached her since the party started.

Maybe it’s a good thing. But all she really wants is her one true love. She just needs time to find it, and with the blind dates her parents are scheming for her, her time might run out and she’ll die single and sad.

Oh yes, the one true pretend . Sica thought as she saw Tiffany enter. Jessica waved at her childhood friend signalling the other to sit with her and might as well kill time.

“Tiffany dear, how nice of you to actually come and get me out of this hell.” Jessica said, smiling at the other girl.

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “Unfortunately, I’m here to watch you suffer. How’s life?”

“The usual.” Jessica said as she drank wine. “Subject to entropy, decay and eventual death.”

“Oh, someone’s getting y pills.” Tiffany smirked at her friend’s words. She grabbed a glass of wine. “I did everything okay. But the guy you want isn’t born yet. Maybe you should wait a hundred more years.”

“That isn’t really my concern at the moment.” Jessica said, proud of her own statement. “My parents actually stopped bugging me for a week.”

Or maybe the poor guy in her last date told every other guy in the world of how crappy she is. Good.

“That’s a miracle!” Tiffany beamed, “Cheers to that?”

“Yeah, cheers to that.” Jessica replied with her glass. “Anyways, what’s up with your life? Ever thought of texting me once in a while?”

“It’s boring, I’d rather not talk about it.”

 “I insist.” Jessica said, crossing her arms. “Aside from the presence of your eyebags, your face is really glowing and it’s not the make-up making it. Someone’s got a love life.”

“Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. None of your business missy.” Tiffany said trying not to spill anything to her childhood friend.

Jessica gave her a look.

Tiffany sighed, “Okay… It’s not what you think.”

“We’re not dating, we will never date each other. Sh- He doesn’t even know. And we haven’t seen each other for a while now.”

“Ouch.” Jessica commented. “Why don’t you tell him though? No guy will be able to resist you. He’s an idiot if he doesn’t like you back. Besides, you’re beautiful. We won’t be friends if you aren’t.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes, “Yeah right.” Only, it’s a girl Sica. It’s a ing girl and I’m not sure if my charms have any magic over the femalandia. And I’m not even sure if I want to have this kind of feeling over Taeyeon. Because she’s my best friend and it may ruin our friendship once she knew. I don’t want to give her more reason to stay away from me.

Tiffany drank her third glass. Ohh, if she’d only see Taeyeon right now.

Breaking her moment, Sica pulled Tiffany’s chair closer to her “Quick hide me.”

Apparently, Jessica spotted her childhood friend, rummaging around, probably looking for her. Sica didn’t show up on their supposed date.

“What the hell?”

“Yuri is there.” 

Tiffany quickly spotted the guy and gave a huge sigh. “What’s wrong with Yuri?”

“That’s the thing. Nothing is wrong with Yuri!” Sica said, still hiding at Tiffany’s back.

“The hell?” Tiffany said in confusion.

If there was a guy who could stand up with Sica’s somewhat mental quirks then that would be Yuri Kwon. He’s the only guy who managed to get close to Sica when they were still children. And probably, the only one who could actually fall in love with Sica not only for her face and body but also because of her attitude. The three of them grew up together so Tiffany could guarantee the success and happiness of the future family the two would be having.

Or not.

Because Sica is having her mental quirks again. Or maybe, it’s not quirks anymore. It’s retardedness.

“You know sometimes I just want to smack you in the face for not telling me the crap that’s going on with your head.”

“It’s just… He’s not the guy for me.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. She was about to say something y to this friend of hers but something caught her eye.

“If Yuri is not the guy for you then no guy is, okay? Look, I’ll be right back.” Tiffany said as she got up from her seat.

“You’re leaving me?” Sica asked annoyed.

Tiffany didn’t hear Sica. Her mind is focused on one of the waiters.         

Do you know that animals possess the ability to feel the presence of their prey from a long distance? I’m not saying that Tiffany is an animal in that sense but upon seeing the back of the waiter, she knew. Or in other words, her Taeyeon radar is on move.

But the thing is, Tiffany has only seen waiters and not waitresses on the party. Why is Taeyeon here- oh. That’s why she’s wearing pants and a wig.

“TaeTae!”

Taeyeon jumped to her feet upon hearing a familiar voice.

“F-Fany-ah?”

“I miss you.” Tiffany’s head was full of questions but it was the only thing she managed to say.

“I want to tell you something really important.”  Taeyeon was about respond when Tiffany placed a finger over Taeyeon’s mouth to silence the girl. “Kim Taeyeon I –“

Everything out.

 

 ( 〃▽〃)   ( 〃▽〃)

 

“Who the hell faints because of three glasses of wine?! Seriously.” Jessica complained as she not-so-gently laid her friend to the bed.

“Hey be careful.” Taeyeon said not believing the brutality of the girl in front of her.

Apparently, Tiffany fainted in the middle of something, how cliché. Taeyeon didn’t know what to do, good thing (or maybe not) Jessica spotted them and helped.

Well, not really helped.

Jessica raised an eyebrow, “It’s her fault. I didn’t tell her to faint. I deserve thanks from her. If it wasn’t for me, who knows what you’d do to her.”

“Excuse me? What are you trying to say? Fanny and I are friends. I won’t harm her the way you are harming her.”

“Whatever. What are you doing here anyway?” Jessica said as she crossed her arms, “Surely, you’re not invited.”

Taeyeon is doing her best to remain a human despite the other girl’s snides. If it wasn’t for Tiffany, she wouldn’t go in any two mile radius near the sarcastic . “I’m a waiter, if my clothes didn’t give it up.”

Taeyeon’s view over Jessica changed greatly because of their meeting at the arcade, but the huge dislike is rapidly going back to her. Can’t this girl always be the soft hearted gorgeous girl and not the sarcastic ice cold princess that she is right now?

“Why are you everywhere?” Jessica stated eyeing Taeyeon.

“Why are you so nosy?” Taeyeon replied. “I’m not here to take all your stuffs out.”

“You can’t blame me for being suspicious.”

“I’m a poor gi- man. A guy like me needs jobs. Plural okay? I’m not a princess like you who can live a hundred times and still be rich.” Taeyeon reasoned out.

Jessica raised an eyebrow. “I don’t like you.”

“You know I don’t like you more.” Taeyeon felt a pang in her heart. “Seriously, with your attitude no man will want you in your life. You’re not even that pretty.” Taeyeon added, well the latter part was a life of course. The girl in front of her is damn gorgeous.

Because of their exchange of somewhat-honest feelings, Jessica made up her mind. She found her guy. “We’re in a mutual dislike for one another then?” She said, smiling. “You need money right?”

“Err-“ Taeyeon said, not really getting what the hell is going on. And the smile Jessica gave her was different with the smile she gave to the girl Taeyeon before.

“Be my boyfriend.” Jessica declared.

“Wait-“

“I don’t like you. You don’t like me. I’m pretty sure we’ll never fall in love with each other. You’re the most suited person to be my pretend boyfriend.”

“What?!”

“I’ll pay you $1,000 a week. You don’t need to be with me always, just be a dog.”

“I’m not really sure how to act like a dog.”

“It’s a deal then.”

“Wait – What?!”

“Come on, We’ll start a party.” Jessica said as she grabbed Taeyeon’s hands with her, walking back to the party.

 

 ( 〃▽〃)   ( 〃▽〃)

 

Jessica took a deep breath and walked towards the stage, holding the hand of the man she’s supposed to be madly in love with.

“This is my boyfriend, Kim Taecyeon. Happy Birthday Dad! More birthdays to come. Love yah!” Jessica said happily, yet with a hint of a sarcastic note and somewhat disgust with the hands she’s currently holding. Hell this guy’s hand is softer than hers.

“Smile.” Jessica said in a low voice yet audible enough for Taeyeon to hear. And it sounded scary.

Everyone on the party had their jaw open with the sudden news out burst from Jessica. And with the people who are in shock with the hell that happened, one heart was ripped in pieces.

Jessica wanted to pause time, and savour the reactions of their meddlesome guests and the happy yet confused look of her parents.

She won this round. Mission Accomplished. Or not?

 

A/N: Hellowwwwww! An Update at last. So... Jessica got a guy at last. And... not-so TaEny. Next Update will be a mini-chapter revolving around Yoona's not-so party night heehee!