Do I Love Her?

Chances Are

"Hyung, how's everyone?"

"Everyone's good, just exhausted from the practice. Yah! Leave me some food, I'm starving here. Sorry about that Taecyeonie you're brothers started eating without me," Junsu explained.

"Oh you're eating? It's kinda late for dinner, I'll just call you again tomorrow."

"It's okay.  We just didn't have the chance to eat earlier.  We agreed to finish practice first.  So, how's the shoot?  Anything exciting about your wifey?" he teased.

"Aish, this human! Well, about that, that's exactly why I called..."

"Uh oh, you sound serious?"

"Well, you have experience in these things so I just want to ask you for advice."

"What's bothering you?"

"My wifey... I think I like her.  Really, really like her."

Blag. "Oh, !" was all I could hear from the other line.  Then more banging and scratching.

"Hyung....?!"

"Sorry Taec, I dropped the phone. You surprised me, I just froze for a second there, hahaha."

"Ahhh you idiot.  You nearly gave me a fright!"

"So sorry, ha ha. So continue...."

"Well, I just can’t stop thinking about her.  She even invades my dreams.  When I'm around her I act like a jerk.  I look forward to seeing her everyday. I don't even feel tired even after a hard day's work."

"Uh huh, uh huh...."

"Today I took her somewhere, just the two of us, and, and, and we kissed."

Blag. “Oh ! Aish, sorry I dropped the phone again. Jinjjaa?! Jinjja?! Whoaaa!"

"Are you jumping up and down the couch?"

"Hey, how did you know?" I could hear the ruckus from behind him.  I’m sure my other brothers are eavesdropping by now.   "Hyung, what are you so happy about".  "Hyung what's Taecyeonie up to" they said in chorus.  Kids! I rolled my eyes while letting out a heavy sigh.

"They're all listening aren't they?"

"Hey, how did you know?"

"Ya!  Enough with with that how-did-you-know thing!  I can hear you all over the phone! Aishhhh!!"

"Ah, you're so smart kiddo.  Yeah, we are all crowding over this small phone," he yelled sarcastically to the others.  "So, did you get laid?" Ohhhhhhhh. I heard the others tease.

"Michoso! Andwae! Ya, she's not that kind of girl!" I sound annoyed now.

"Alright boys, let's ease up on him," he told the others. "Carry on..."

"I've never felt like this before.  All my focus has shifted towards her.  She has suddenly become the center of my world."

"Oh, this is serious boys, very very serious." Everyone on the other line was waiting for me to continue.

"I really dont know what to do."

"Do you love her?" he asked matter of factly.

"Is that what it is?  Then maybe I do.  You know I'm not good with words.  I just showed her how I felt."

"And her?"

"I guess she feels the same way.  She seems very happy when she's with me.  She told me today was the best day of her life."

Daebak!!! I heard my brothers cheer in unison.

"We're so happy for you bro.  Congratulations! Finally someone has touched your heart.  We need to celebrate when you get back,” he said excitedly.

"But what should I do now?"

"You have to tell her how you feel.  Make every single moment you have together special.  You know how to do that, right?"

"I will try.  But she lives in Taiwan and we're both very busy.  After the filming I don't know how we can find time to see each other."

"Don't let time and distance deter you. Don't let her be the girl who got away, you might lose your chance at true love.  Kismet brought you together.  It will be difficult but you must find a way."

Waahhhhh. I heard my brothers in the background.

"Hyung, I didn't know you have this in you," I heard Chansung say.

"Pffft.  I can be deep bro, I can be deep" Junsu praised himself.  "So Taec, you know what to do.  Keep it simple."

Aside from my family, my 2pm brothers are my source of support and strength.  I've been so blessed with true, loyal and trustworthy friends.  They're the best friends who would lay down their life for you.  I would do the same for them.

 

Our last days at Jeju Island were filled with good memories.  Taec and I were inseparable.  We made each moment special and unforgetable.  We were making memories and carving footprints of our time together.  Tomorrow we will be heading back to Seoul and the day after, I will be returning to Taiwan to clean up the mess that my mother left behind.  As we boarded the plane back to Seoul, I can’t help but feel melancholic.  I was feigning excitement around the crew but in truth I wasn’t ready to leave the island.  I want to prolong this moment with Taec.  Fate can sometimes be cruel but it was also fate that brought us together.

Eta and I will not be sharing a room tonight.  Taec had asked if we could have a few hours alone before I leave for Taiwan.  At first, Eta raised an eyebrow but I assured her that we would not be doing anything reprehensible or immoral.  Taec said that he’d come around 8 o'clock after he culminates his commercial shoot.

At exactly eight o'clock, I heard a light tap on the door.  I took one last look at the mirror to ascertain that I look presentable.   I quickly perused the room, everything was immaculately clean.  I began to hyperventilate due to too much excitement and nervousness but I tried to keep my breathing even and calm my nerves.  Teac was waiting on the other side of this door, I can't make my prince wait.

Clad in black jeans and a black modern fit dress shirt, he oozes with iness. He had a boyish coiffe and a quarter of his shirt was ned.  I couldnt keep my eyes off his chest.

"Hmm, are you done with your scrutiny?  Is everything to your liking?"

It brought me back to my senses.  I was blushing because of embarrassment.  I felt like a voyeur caught in the act.

"Oh, I'm so sorry.  How rude of me.  I haven't even invited you in."  

I cursed myself internally for behaving like a complete jerk.  He just grinned broadly, probably laughing at my stupidity.  I guided him to the living room in my suite and told him to feel comfortable.

"Hmmm, this is nice.  I normally get to share this kind of room with 5 other kids."

"Kids?" I asked, perplexed.

"Oh well, they're grown up men of course, but they behave like dorks when it’s just us, so I call them kids."

I started to get shy again.  I couldn't bring myself to look at him or even open my mouth to speak.  

"Gui Gui, look at me" he ordered.  Without hesitation, I did as I was told.  As soon as our eyes locked, I felt braver.  He motioned with his hand for me to sit beside him.  Like an obedient child, I followed his bidding.

"Gui Gui, please don't be shy around me.  I know this must be awkward for both of us but I was thinking alot lately about this thing that we have.   It seems that we have a mutual understanding.  I'd like to give us a shot at a real relationship.  I have foreseen the challenges considering our distance and schedules, but I'd like to give it a try, if you'd let us.  I promise to give my very best to make it work."

I was rendered speechless as a lone tear trickled down my face.  I engulfed him in a tight embrace and began to sob silently.  He by back to comfort me.

"I take that as a yes?" he asked.  I nodded twice.

"I thought you'd never ask, Oppa."

He laughed out loud as he continued to pat me in the back.

"Hush now my love.  We should be celebrating, not crying." He held my shoulders so he could look at me then gave me a feather-light kiss on the lips.

"These are tears of happiness" I reassured him.

"I'm pleased to hear that.  You've made me a very happy man tonight.  I wish I could tell the whole world about us" he declared.

"I understand Oppa, no need to explain.  I promise to do my very best as well."

"Well, let's make this a night to remember. Maybe we can do something..."

Maybe it’s just me having y thoughts but as soon as he said that I became self-conscious and was in utter shock.  Taking in my expression, Taec tried to do damage control.

"Sweetheart, I was just implying that maybe we can do something fun, like watching a movie that you like," he chuckled at my hilarious expression.  

I smacked him in the arm to hide my embarrassment.  He laughed even louder now being able to confirm his assumption.  Hmmph! I turned my back towards him.  He hugged me from behind and whispered in my ear.

"I'm sorry, but you were so funny.  I couldn't help it."

I don't know, but there is something about this back-hug and whispering-in-the-ears gestures.  It sent shivers down my spine.  I felt a quiver of excitement.  I don't want him to think that I'm lusting over him.  To save myself from further embarrassment, I decided to take action.

"Sorry for over reacting. Why don't we watch a horror movie?"

"I'd like that" he said.

I gave him a peck on the cheek as I stood up to retrieve the remote control.  I noticed that he had a huge grin on his face.  Whatever he was thinking, I have no clue.

 

I enjoyed watching the movie with Gui Gui, not because I liked the movie, but because she was leaning comfortably against me in the couch.  I had one arm wrapped around her waist while she was resting her head against my chest.  Horror films are the least of my favorites, but how can I refute if the object of my affection is lying comfortably beside me?  

After a while, i noticed that Gui Gui was so still and that's when i realized that she had fallen asleep.  I carefully carried her to her room and laid her in bed. I pulled the blanket over her and kissed her goodnight.

I wanted to be here the moment she wakes up.  We’ll be apart for a few days and not being able to bid her goodbye is just not up on my list of things.  The couch was comfortable enough and so I stripped myself and prepared for bed.  I used the extra blanket to cover myself and to keep me warm.  Before long, I dozed off to my dreamland. 

I was awoken by a loud piercing shriek. I bolted straight up fearing that Gui Gui was in trouble.  She was right outside her bedroom door with a horror-struck expression.  She covered her flushed face and immediately turned her back at me.

“Oppa, why are you ?” panic evident in her voice.

Oh ! That’s why she was screaming.  I forgot I was in someone else’s place.  I hastily covered myself with the small blanket.

“Errr…I’m sorry.  I just got used to sleeping this way…I forgot I’m not in my dorm,” I said sheepishly. “Mmm…you can look now.”

I was only able to cover my lower half.  Although, she was facing me now, she was still uncomfortable to look at me.  She turned her head to the side while talking to me.

"Oppa, I'm so sorry I fell asleep. Did you have a good dream?" she asked.

"My dreams were very pleasant indeed.  They were all about you."  She blushed even more but smiled tenderly at me.

We could suddenly hear loud pounding on the door.

"Gui Gui, Gui Gui, open up.  You can't be oversleeping, we have a flight to catch," Eta nagged.

Gui Gui had a worried look on her face.  She hesitated briefly but then decided to open the door just slightly in order to conceal me.  She tried to reassure Eta that she would get ready in a flash.  Eta began being suspicous as to why Gui Gui would not let her in.  She made several attempts to poke her head through the door but each time she tried Gui Gui would attempt to block her.  She could probaly make out a figure of someone else inside the room.  As realization dawned on her, she let out a gasp and covered .  Gui Gui hung her head in defeat and opened the door wide to reveal my presence.

"It's not what you think Eta" Gui Gui tried to explain.

"Oh, it is what I think," as she took in how I looked.  I opened my mouth to explain but then she squealed loudly and started giggling like a teenager then began hugging Gui Gui.

"Oh, I'm so happy for both of you!  Gui Gui, don't be ashamed about this.  I'm really happy that you two hooked up.  I think Taec is a perfect match for you."

I could not hide my delight. I was so grateful that Gui Gui's bestfriend was so accepting of our relationship.  

"Taec, please don't break her heart.  She has had so many heartaches.  Please take good care of her.  But first order of things, can you please put your clothes on? I'm having an asthma attack here."

“Oh, yes that,” sounding embarrassed.

I gave Gui Gui room to get ready for her flight.  Finally, she was all squared away.  Sadness was slowly creeping inside of me.  I hate being away from her.  As we were saying our goodbyes, I had to console Gui Gui as she was starting to cry.

"Please don't cry Gui Gui."

"I hate farewells Oppa."

"I know. I hate it too.  But look at the bright side, I'll be seeing you again in a few days.  I promise to call you often.  Do what you need to do in Taiwan.  Just remember that I'll be cheering you on."

I engulfed her in one last hug, gave her a full kiss on the lips then watched her leave.  I stayed behind for a few hours.  Being an idol has it's own perks.  You're every move was always being scrutinized by the public and coming out of a hotel so early in the morning would arouse suspicion.

I must have been in a trance.  As I entered our 2pm dorm, I did not even notice that my brothers were all gathered in the common room eating breakfast.  Five pairs of eyes were silently following me from the door to the bedroom then back again.  They were looking back and forth at each other, probably questioning my sanity.  A pillow suddenly hit me hard on the face.

"Yah! What's the matter with you?  You're driving us mad here." Wooyong yelled.  The others just guffawed.

"Ahhh!! Yahhh!...don't be cruel to your hyung."

"Hyung, are you sick?" Junho asked then got up to place his hand on my forehead to see if I was running a fever.

"You should see your face Taec.  You were smiling one time then sad the next, and then smiling again" Nickhun introjected.

"Where did you spend the night anyway? We were calling you a hundred times but you just completely ignored us.  We nearly called the cops on you.  We were so worried." Chansung complained.

I started rubbing my nape, feeling uncomfortable with the question.  But I trust my brothers.

"I'm sorry to make you all worry.  I couldn't take your calls.  I... spent the night with... with Gui Gui." I said, almost in a whisper.

They dropped their chopsticks in unison, totally shocked with the news.  It was a good couple of seconds before they recovered.  Then, just like crazed fans, they jumpped at me and started shaking me, pleased with the news.

"So what did you two do the whole night huh? Did you two do it? Did you?" Junsu asked devilishly.

Thwack. I smacked him in the head.

"Ya! I told you she's not that kind of girl!"

"Ay. Arrasso.  Arrasso.  Glad you listened to your hyung." Everyone was rolling on the floor now, laughing.

"I'm starving, I could eat an entire cow,” I said.

"Of course, after all the things that you and Gui Gui did last night," teased Wooyong.  Trust these guys to ruin my day.

"Enough with the inuendos and let me eat. Hay, these thugs!"

As annoying as they could be sometimes, I loved my brothers.  Our meals were always fun.  Today, I was the topic of all the jokes.  We did not have anything scheduled for today and so I used this time just to lounge around.  Then an inspiration came to me and so I started to write a song.  The song was especially about her.  It was a declaration of my affection and how she has changed me.  My life would never be the same now.  As to what the future holds for us, I could only hope.

Around noontime, Gui Gui called to tell me that she had arrived safely in Taiwan.  She said she would be appearing soon on tv to clarify her recent scandal involving her mother and to answer questions.  I gave her words of encouragement then let her go so she can rest.

When the broadcasting was about to start, I asked my brothers if I could use the tv for a while.  I told them I needed to see something important and I do not want to miss the live broadcast. When Gui Gui's name was called, she walked confidently towards the anchor, waived at the audience then sat on the chair designated for her.  She was dressed in a red mini dress with black stilettos. She had a french braid with a light make-up.  She wore simple accessories.  She was a picture of beauty.  She exudes elegance and grace.  Even the anchor was obviously taken by surprise.

My eyes were glued on the screen. So do my brothers.  I've never seen her so lady-like.  For some reason, they often dress her up in baggy clothes that makes her look unflattering and child-like. Her dress accentuates her figure.  She has very y curves, full s and long slender legs. Oh gosh, why am I looking at those parts?  Where are my thoughts taking me?  I stopped my fantasy and looked around at my brothers.  I can’t believe they were hitting on my girl too.  Their mouths were agape watching the tv.

"Ya! Stop oggling her. She's mine."  They each cleared their throats, embarrased at being caught.

"You didn't tell us she was so pretty hyung" Junho said, impressed.

"She's in Taiwan? Is that why you were with her last night?" Nickhun asked.

"Yes, she's really going through a tough time."

Questions were hurled at her one after the other. Some of the comments were very harsh, cruel to some extent, and yet she remained composed.  Despite her small frame, she was brave.  She held her ground and fought her own battles.  She was also sincere, unpretentious and graceful at revealing only what was necessary to protect her family, even the mother who betrayed her.  Towards the conclusion of the show, the anchor mentioned something about her accessories.

"Gui Gui, I noticed you are wearing a wedding ring on your left hand? Is that really a wedding ring?"

Gui Gui's face brightened and smiled happily.  She was fiddling with it and turning it around her finger.  

"Yes, it is a wedding ring.  This was a gift from my virtual husband Taecyeon of 2pm." She said proudly.  That's my girl, I thought to myself.  My brothers were patting me in the back, they seemed to be very pleased as well.

"Take really good care of her Taec.  She's really special.  She's good for you.  We'll be very upset if you mistreat her," Junsu warned.

"I know hyung, I'm so lucky to have her in my life."