Welcome to our Band!!

Love Vs. Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yuri," The raven-haired man said, as he walks towards his daughter. He poked her shoulder twice, "What are you working on now?"

Yuri chuckled, "What do you see, Appa? I'm tryin' to make this old-geezer work-" BOM! The machine let out a loud sounds and smokes from its machine. "...and I think it just won't..." She whispers.

"How about..." Yuri put her hand in front of her dad's face in denial. "What? You're gonna reject my suggestion again?"

"Not that, Appa," she leaned against the car. "You've bought me a car when I graduated from High School, it's a fancy car and I know... I asked you to sell it and buy me this old-geezer instead"

Her dad sighing in defeat, "Count this as... a gift from God, or whatever, but just let me buy you a new car, okay?"

Yuri kept shaking her head. "No Appa" She grinned, "Why don't you let me afford it by myself?" She said, chuckling.

"Listen to me, as parents, we do our best to make you happy and make your life far from... hard times," He sighed. "But it seems so hard for us to just... help you"

Yuri put a warm smile on her face, as she faced her father. "You and Umma, already done too much for me. You two raised me, and I know... sooner or later, I'll be living on my own and I don't want to bother you guys. That's enough, and now... I'm trying my best, to repay what you two had done to me"

"Looks like we really raised you to be a great girl, huh?" His disappointed expression was replaced by a smile. "But Yuri... Don't you have something, anything that you really wanted from us?" Her dad asked, curiously and frowning at Yuri.

"Ah, about that..." Yuri paused, she thinks a bit. ‘There is one thing... it's about Jessica and I, actually... but, will he or mom accept me dating a girl?’ She sighed in disappointment.

Mr. Kwon waves his hands in front of Yuri's face to get her attention. "Yuri? You still there? Earth to, Yuri!" As he keep waving his hands.

Yuri snapped back to the reality. "M-mianhe Appa... I spaced out" She laughed nervously.

Her dad gave a concern smile. "Is it something bother your mind?"

"Uh... Well... You asked me if I have something that I really want... uh..." Yuri started to scratched the back of her neck in nervous. "I-I... do have something that I want at the moment..."

"Then what is it? Just tell me, we'll give you anything you want, Yuri" Her dad smiled as warmly as ever.

She took a deep breath. "First, promise me that you'll not be mad at me or scolding me or anything, okay?"

"O...kay..." He said slowly, as he nodded and agreed with his daughter. "So... what is it?" He asked again.

The raven-haired girl cleared a bit, "I... I'm not single anymore, Appa"

"R-really?" The man asked in an excited tone. "So, you already have someone? W-who?" He pleased.

"Whoa there Mr. Want-To-Know, don't get too worked up now, I haven't finish yet..." Yuri diverted her eyes to another direction. "The problem is... I kinda doubt you guys will accept her as my girlfriend"

"W-wait," Mr. Kwon's eyes went wide when he heard Yuri mention 'her' and 'girlfriend' instead of 'him' and 'boyfriend'. "So, your dating a g-girl?" He asked, curious and felt a bit awkward.

Yuri sighed, "That's what I want you guys to give. Permission for me and my girlfriend," Her voice became serious all of a sudden.

"Well," Her dad chuckles in nervous, it's not like he'll forbid Yuri for dating a girl, but this is the Kwon family and people always looked up to them. What if the public find out and start spreading rumours? Will they be okay? Will people accept the truth about? Will it be the same? He shook his head lightly, then stared at Yuri with an understanding look. "Listen, Yuri. You know how people look on us, do you?"

She nodded, "Yeah, I know. That's one of the reason I disguise my identity as a Kwon, but that doesn't mean I hate this family, I do love it," She put an unconscious smile. "Very much, that I don't even know how much should I be grateful to be born as Kwon Yuri..."

"I'm glad, really glad that you understand that," Her dad sighed in relief, but there's a bit of...hurt. "I don't mind you dating anyone; I know you'll make a good choice. Now you've found one, and I'm not gonna lie that I felt a bit shock when I heard it was a girl. Soon enough, people will know that you're a Kwon and we'll tell the truth about you to all people. All the public knows is that you’re in London and studying there... but when you're ready and show yourself as the daughter of the Kwon family to people, I can't guarantee about their opinion on you, especially about you and your girlfriend, Yuri"

Yuri sighing again, but then she smiled. "Appa, I know it's hard for you and Umma and everyone to face the truth that I'm... I'm dating a girl, people might think it's disgusting or sinful or even worst. However Appa, I'll face it and I'll show them that it's not always as bad as they thought. But first, I need my parents' permission, will you let me date her or forbid me?" She said, with a serious and a lot of determinations in her face.

"As much as I love you, I'll allow you. But I still have to tell your umma about this," He said, then smiling at his daughter who hugged him excitingly.

Yuri pulled away, "But, I guess it'll be better if I'm the one who tell her about this. So please don't bring up anything about this until I tell her, okay?"

The man nodded in agreement, then he felt something vibrating in his pocket. He grabbed his cell phone, then choked a bit when he gazed at the caller and the time.

"You're late for work, aren't you, Appa?" Yuri teased, as she walked towards her house. "Just go now, bye and take care.”

--------------------------------------------

The red-haired girl giggling over Amber's little story about Krystal. However, one girl isn’t paying much attention. She frowned at her friend, "Jess unnie, what are you writing?"

Jessica jumped in surprised, "Huh?" She took the paper on the table so none of her friends could read it. "N-nothing, it was nothing," Jessica said in denial.

"Really? Then why are you hiding it?" Amber asked innocently.

Tiffany put a hand under her chin, "Could you possibly working on home-work here?" She guessed, but then shook her head lightly. "But it's impossible for someone as diligent as you, Jessica"

"I-It's... Actually... There  lyrics," She whispered at the last line. "I've been writing it since... I transferred here," Jessica lowered her head.

Amber’s smile turns out into a grin, "WAH! Can you show it to us now?" Amber pleased and pulling Jessica's sleeve.

"Yeah, I would like to read and hear it too," Tiffany smiled warmly at Jessica, and tilting her head in a cute way. "Please, Jessi?"

"B-but, I haven't finished... I-I'll tell you guys after I finish, and stop using your aegyo."

The two girls nodded in agreement, and a few moments after that, the bells rang.

Amber stood up immediately, "That's Soojung’s last class, I'll go get her."

The blonde-headed girl ran. Not long after, Tiffany stood up from her chair as well, "You're going too, Tiff?" Jessica asked.

"Yeah, I still have two classes left," The red-haired girl took her bag with her. "How about you, Jess?"

 "Well, I've finished all my classes. So I'll stay here for a few more minutes and then head back to home."

Tiffany nodded, "Okay then, see you later." ‘Good thing she's writing a new song. She thought, as she keeps walking.’

••••••••••••••••••

After Tiffany left, Jessica laid her body on the back of her chair. "Okay, let's finish this up before the prom"

"Finish what before what?" A familiar voice said behind her. Jessica turned her head around to see Kwon Yuri grinning at her. "Good afternoon, Ms. Jung," Yuri teased.

Jessica let out a soft groan, "Stop that, where were you this morning?" Jessica asked coldly.

"Whoa," Yuri pulled out a chair beside Jessica and sat on it. "Looks like someone have been missing me a lot, huh?"

THUMP! Jassica's hand landed on Yuri's head out of Jessica's command. She looked at Yuri with a guilty look on her face. ‘Did I hit her that hard?’

"Oww… The pain," Yuri acted dramatically as she rubbed her head. "You really should stop being so violent at me, Jessica"

Jessica ignored Yuri's groans and comments about her; she continues writing down her song. "Serves you right," Was all she could say without looking at Yuri.

Feeling ignored, Yuri frowned and took a peek at the paper Jessica was writing on. "What is that?"

"N-nothing!" Again, Jessica instinctively pulled the paper away from the table. Causing Yuri to back away a bit and lay her body on the chair.

Yuri raised an eyebrow in confusion, "It wouldn't be 'nothing' if you try to hide it like that," She said, then she chuckled. "Was that your assignment? You working' on it at the campus?"

"W-well," Jessica started to talk so stuttering and it seems so suspicious, even she thought so. "Actually, I-"

"Ha! I thought you're a diligent-straight-A student, Sicababy!" She laughed at Jessica.

Jessica clenched her fist again, and hit Yuri on the head for the second time of the day. "Laugh and make fun of me again, I'll make sure you won't be able to think for a week," Jessica said glaring at Yuri.

Yuri gulped, "Now that's scary..." She whispered to herself. "Anyway, I want to ask you something. It's pretty im

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter